Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why we shouldn't have let Pitman go 21:27 - Jul 14 with 5698 viewsTCisdynamite

On the eye, not the quickest. However his mind is electric. I've never seen a smarter, more intelligent player wearing a town shirt.

Pitman, with his clinical finishing, is the type of man we should be building our club around! I'm surprised he's moved down a division rather than up.

I know someone who works around the training ground and he tells me Pirman is always the first and last to leave the ground. I could see from the pre season photos the effort he was putting in to shaping his muscles and was looking forward to his new, physically enhanced approach to games. Yes, his hair is receding, but his career certainly isn't as he moves in to his twilight.

A great man once said... 'Walk the line' with this departure we have lost our footing and our line is no longer in sight.

Pitman, at this rate you'll be a championship player next year and we won't be. Best of luck, thanks for the good memories (last min bicycle kick). I love you Brett!
Why we shouldn't have let Pitman go on 21:30 - Jul 14 with 5671 viewschristiand

Marcus Stewart was light-years ahead of Pitman for speed of thought IMO.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Why we shouldn't have let Pitman go on 21:50 - Jul 14 with 5623 viewsTrequartista

It was part of the owner's plan to play better football yet we've let Pitman go for nothing and bought a player with an inferior Championship goalscoring record for £1m because he suits a long ball game better. Obviously no-one has questioned His Yorkshireness over this else they'll be straight onto the naughty step.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Why we shouldn't have let Pitman go on 21:54 - Jul 14 with 5603 viewsBluedandy

I know someone who works near Real Madrid and apparently the powers that be saw Brett Pitman as a direct replacement for Ferenc Puskás.

Pompey are on the up though.
Why we shouldn't have let Pitman go on 22:01 - Jul 14 with 5583 viewsstrikalite

He's a natural footballer battling to be an athlete is a game where it seems athletes foremost then become footballers...
Why we shouldn't have let Pitman go on 22:17 - Jul 14 with 5546 viewsbraveblue

Why we shouldn't have let Pitman go on 21:30 - Jul 14 by christiand

Marcus Stewart was light-years ahead of Pitman for speed of thought IMO.

Spot on. He was brilliant.
Why we shouldn't have let Pitman go on 22:33 - Jul 14 with 5519 viewsTCisdynamite

Why we shouldn't have let Pitman go on 22:17 - Jul 14 by braveblue

Spot on. He was brilliant.

If you seriously think Marcus bloody Stewart is better then BP...

For me Marcus Stewart, very lazy.

Thrives off the quite fantastic service off Jamma, Wilnis, Clappers &! co ( when our fullback used to attack). He never managed to do it anywhere else plus, let's not forget his history with matty holland!! Our Brett would never rock the boat like that. Family man.

Belive it or not Rory Fallon has shot on target percentage better than Dwight Gayle and he was playing for truno city.

If I was Mick I would take a look?
[Post edited 14 Jul 2017 22:35]
Why we shouldn't have let Pitman go on 22:39 - Jul 14 with 5499 viewschristiand

Why we shouldn't have let Pitman go on 22:33 - Jul 14 by TCisdynamite

Thrives off the quite fantastic service off Jamma, Wilnis, Clappers &! co ( when our fullback used to attack). He never managed to do it anywhere else plus, let's not forget his history with matty holland!! Our Brett would never rock the boat like that. Family man.

Belive it or not Rory Fallon has shot on target percentage better than Dwight Gayle and he was playing for truno city.

Oh dear, do you watch football much? We're talking about the player and their attributes not what goes on in their personal lives. Be interesting to see what others think on here?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Why we shouldn't have let Pitman go on 23:09 - Jul 14 with 5456 viewsITFC_Forever

Pitman is an excellent finisher, but you need to give him the ball in to his feet in the box.

As we can't or won't play that way, we'd never see the best of him and we may as well get someone in who suits our style and let Brett move on... in the right team that plays to his strengths, he'll be an excellent player and score a decent number of goals.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Why we shouldn't have let Pitman go on 23:20 - Jul 14 with 5439 viewsconnorscontract

Hello Mrs Pitman...

Oh dear...

Better footballers than Pitman in a Town shir (I'll stick to post 2000)t:

Sylvain Legwinski
Ivan Campo
Jim Magilton
Darren Currie
Martijn Reuser
Jimmy Bullard
Emyr Huws
Teddy Bishop
Stephen Hunt

Oh, and on-loan Jimmy Juan, Sixto Peralta, Ryan Fraser, Jonny Williams and Giovanni Dos Santos.

As for never rocking the boat, ask Knudsen about that.

He's been as good for us as David Norris was. Decent, but ultimately couldn't make the difference.
Why we shouldn't have let Pitman go on 23:22 - Jul 14 with 5439 viewsCoco

He is brett pitman not teddy sheringham. I think you are over egging the custard a little here. He is closer to sam parkin than marcus stewart.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Why we shouldn't have let Pitman go on 07:28 - Jul 15 with 5298 viewsSteve_M

Marcus Stewart didn't score many goals for Huddersfield? Right, ok then.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Why we shouldn't have let Pitman go on 07:33 - Jul 15 with 5285 viewsblue75

Had we played more football i.e. On the floor passing game he would've scored a lot more goals never got going for town. He'll do well at Pompey.

Poll: Should McCarthy be sacked after telling Ipswich fans where to go?

Why we shouldn't have let Pitman go on 08:05 - Jul 15 with 5218 viewsCurrie10

He can't be the first to leave then the last to leave!
Why we shouldn't have let Pitman go on 08:05 - Jul 15 with 5216 viewsnodge_blue

what was his history with Matt Holland?

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Why we shouldn't have let Pitman go on 08:08 - Jul 15 with 5211 viewsHerbivore

I thought this lacked the subtlety to get any bites, but fair play to you, it seems you've reeled a few in.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why we shouldn't have let Pitman go on 09:27 - Jul 15 with 5126 viewsartsbossbeard

This Pittman seems a lot better than the Pittman we had on our books.

Sort it, Clegg.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Why we shouldn't have let Pitman go on 09:34 - Jul 15 with 5113 viewsPJH

Why we shouldn't have let Pitman go on 09:27 - Jul 15 by artsbossbeard

This Pittman seems a lot better than the Pittman we had on our books.

Sort it, Clegg.

I think there can be arguments for why we should have kept Brett Pitman just as there are arguments for why his leaving might not be a bad thing.

He was(in my opinion)the best taker of chances that we had on our books.
He was not, apparently, capable of contributing for 90 minutes.
He was very useful to have on the bench.
He was,apparently, one of the top earners so a very expensive substitute.

We obviously need to get at least one more striker in, hopefully with Pitman's eye for a goal plus the ability to last 90 minutes.
Why we shouldn't have let Pitman go on 11:58 - Jul 15 with 5027 viewsZacak

Totally disagree and are you suggesting that the loss of our ineffective striker from last season will see us relegated this coming season? Please explain
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024