Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forest in talks to sign Chambo 08:41 - Jan 31 with 12000 viewsKieranMcKenna1

According to Kaveh Solhekol.

Poll: Are you Mick out or Mick in?

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 12:33 - Jan 31 with 1227 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 11:43 - Jan 31 by PJH

I think you saying 'hello' to him has sparked all of this.

It was the formal approach of 'hello' rather than 'alright luke' that made Chambo realised his connection with the club has faltered.

Def info

#BlamePhil #Philth

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 12:35 - Jan 31 with 1218 viewsPlums

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 12:31 - Jan 31 by PhilTWTD

Yes, but as the club see it they have LC tied down for 18 months. I've noticed recently that the players and the club see the situation differently. Players view it as six months, the club as 18.

That understanding of football thing again...
An option is exactly that, it's not certainty which any professional is going to want - otherwise it's just jam tomorrow.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 12:49 - Jan 31 with 1177 viewsPhilTWTD

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 12:35 - Jan 31 by Plums

That understanding of football thing again...
An option is exactly that, it's not certainty which any professional is going to want - otherwise it's just jam tomorrow.

That's the way Mick saw it was well, not just Marcus.
Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 13:09 - Jan 31 with 1107 viewsITFC_Forever

Yes, but as the club see it they have LC tied down for 18 months. I've noticed recently that the players and the club see the situation differently. Players view it as six months, the club as 18.

But an option is exactly that. Nothing definite and if the club decide not to take the option, then the player is without a club.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 13:40 - Jan 31 with 1044 viewsPhilTWTD

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 13:09 - Jan 31 by ITFC_Forever

But an option is exactly that. Nothing definite and if the club decide not to take the option, then the player is without a club.

Indeed, and think the club could have done/do more to allay fears when senior key players such as Chambo are coming to the end of their deals.
Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 13:49 - Jan 31 with 1007 viewsRadlett_blue

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 13:40 - Jan 31 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, and think the club could have done/do more to allay fears when senior key players such as Chambo are coming to the end of their deals.

perhaps Town have told Chambers that they fully expect to take up the option? However, at his age, he could easily prefer an offer of a 2 or 3 year deal elsewhere on higher wages?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 13:52 - Jan 31 with 994 viewsPhilTWTD

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 13:49 - Jan 31 by Radlett_blue

perhaps Town have told Chambers that they fully expect to take up the option? However, at his age, he could easily prefer an offer of a 2 or 3 year deal elsewhere on higher wages?

From what Mick said to us the other week he had already spoken to him about his longer term plans for him, but presumably he wants greater certainty. Would be surprised if Forest would match his current annual wage. As I say, all seems a bit of a panic move on his part.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/30945/mccarthy-knows-nothing-of-wolves-i
Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 15:41 - Jan 31 with 900 viewsSuperfrans

Surely hugely naive on the part of the club.

Of course the club has a 18 months security - but the player can only be sure of a deal for 6 months. I'm not surprised that he wants more security than that, a 31yo man, with a young family and no particular ties to the area. You throw in a fanbase who are moaning at him and some questioning the the players/his commitment and it's not surprising that he would alert his agent to find another club.

The inability to find a striker to replace Murphy after four months of searching is bad enough. But losing your captain, apparently out of the blue, on deadline day because you haven't shown him the respect/loyalty to offer a new deal is beyond shoddy, imho.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Login to get fewer ads

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 15:47 - Jan 31 with 870 viewsSuperfrans

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 13:52 - Jan 31 by PhilTWTD

From what Mick said to us the other week he had already spoken to him about his longer term plans for him, but presumably he wants greater certainty. Would be surprised if Forest would match his current annual wage. As I say, all seems a bit of a panic move on his part.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/30945/mccarthy-knows-nothing-of-wolves-i

Are you surprised Forest can match his wages? He's not on that much, surely?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024