Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this 12:34 - Jan 31 with 2160 viewshype313

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 12:34 - Jan 31 with 2100 viewspointofblue

You need a base to build a new team; at this rate we won't even have that.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 12:35 - Jan 31 with 2086 viewsReuser_is_God

I genuinely can't see Mick getting rid of Chambers.

He's admitted countless time snow that he's our one & only leader on the pitch. The rest of them are just pathetic.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 12:35 - Jan 31 with 2067 viewsGuthrum

How much choice does he have? McCarthy throwing a (public) wobbly would do nobody any good.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 12:36 - Jan 31 with 2031 viewsSWGF

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 12:34 - Jan 31 by pointofblue

You need a base to build a new team; at this rate we won't even have that.

Skuse as the nucleus, bawling at teammates, rousing the troops.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 12:36 - Jan 31 with 2014 viewshype313

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 12:35 - Jan 31 by Guthrum

How much choice does he have? McCarthy throwing a (public) wobbly would do nobody any good.

Why would you undermine they guy that you have invest heavily in and you trust to keep the team at this level?

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 12:37 - Jan 31 with 2004 viewsKieran_Knows

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 12:36 - Jan 31 by SWGF

Skuse as the nucleus, bawling at teammates, rousing the troops.

Exactly the kind of bloke you want next to you in the trenches......

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 12:37 - Jan 31 with 2004 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 12:35 - Jan 31 by Reuser_is_God

He's admitted countless time snow that he's our one & only leader on the pitch. The rest of them are just pathetic.

Exactly

This stinks of Evans not backing mick by not offering a new contract or even confirming the extension will be taken up.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 12:40 - Jan 31 with 1890 viewsSitfcB

Maybe that's why MM got Taylor in?? He might've known Chambers was off.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 12:40 - Jan 31 with 1871 viewshadleighboyblue

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 12:35 - Jan 31 by Reuser_is_God

The timing and transfer activity for this club are really questionable .

Maybe MM knows he is on the way too ..............either way there seem to be some strange decisions being made by the club .
I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 12:42 - Jan 31 with 1823 viewsSWGF

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 12:40 - Jan 31 by SitfcB

Wasn't Taylor the cover for Webster?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 12:42 - Jan 31 with 1791 viewsReuser_is_God

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 12:40 - Jan 31 by SitfcB

Nah, I think Taylor was/is a genuine replacement for Webster.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 12:44 - Jan 31 with 1761 viewsGuthrum

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 12:36 - Jan 31 by hype313

Why would you undermine they guy that you have invest heavily in and you trust to keep the team at this level?

Depends on your priority. If it's minimising losses every season, then all else is subservient to that.

Plus it's not necessarily undermining. Merely, like in so many businesses (and, especially, public services), requiring the management to do more with less in the way of resources and personnel.

That may well be the job McCarthy's been given. And, to be honest, there are few better at it. Just that it gets to the point where working miracles beyond a certain level is simply not possible.

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 13:27 - Jan 31 with 1597 viewshype313

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 12:44 - Jan 31 by Guthrum

Depends on your priority. If it's minimising losses every season, then all else is subservient to that.

Plus it's not necessarily undermining. Merely, like in so many businesses (and, especially, public services), requiring the management to do more with less in the way of resources and personnel.

That may well be the job McCarthy's been given. And, to be honest, there are few better at it. Just that it gets to the point where working miracles beyond a certain level is simply not possible.

Fair enough, but Christ that would really mean Mick is working with two arms tied behind his back and a loss of the left leg.

Mick's starting to resemble the black knight in Monty Python.

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 13:30 - Jan 31 with 1510 viewschicoazul

Thats what I think. Taylor was a weird signing with Chambers Spence and Emmanuel already at the club. But it makes sense if Chambers is off.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 13:31 - Jan 31 with 1476 viewshype313

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 13:30 - Jan 31 by chicoazul

Thats what I think. Taylor was a weird signing with Chambers Spence and Emmanuel already at the club. But it makes sense if Chambers is off.

Makes you wonder if Chambers went into his office and said he wanted his extension otherwise he would get his agent to put the feelers out, maybe the club are just calling his bluff?

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 13:32 - Jan 31 with 1463 viewsLankHenners

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 13:30 - Jan 31 by chicoazul

Taylor would be a more like-for-like replacement for Chambers than Webster - big, no nonsense defender who's a leader and very vocal from the back.

That said, I do believe he was genuinely brought in to fill Webster's shoes short term.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 13:32 - Jan 31 with 1445 viewsBackToRussia

Yeah I think this is the strongest signal yet that MM may be off in the summer. If he goes!

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 13:38 - Jan 31 with 1320 viewsGuthrum

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 13:27 - Jan 31 by hype313

Fair enough, but Christ that would really mean Mick is working with two arms tied behind his back and a loss of the left leg.

Mick's starting to resemble the black knight in Monty Python.

Indeed.

It's puzzled me over the last year or so how McCarthy could, fairly suddenly, switch from being a very effective, if somewhat stodgy, football manager to one whose team is struggling with consistency and, often, displays spinelessness. I can't see how it could have happened, unless the man's gone mad. In that time, we've also had key players struggling with fitness, others sold off and not an awful lot in the way of replacements. Certainly not the strength in depth which allows a squad to maintain momentum when difficulties of that sort arise. Without the right tools, even a skilled craftsman can only bodge.

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 13:45 - Jan 31 with 1264 viewshadleighboyblue

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 13:32 - Jan 31 by BackToRussia

Yeah I think this is the strongest signal yet that MM may be off in the summer. If he goes!

yes today's transfer dealings ( or lack of them ) could well be the start of the end for MM
I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 13:48 - Jan 31 with 1219 viewsGlasgowBlue

Evans allowed Leadbitter and McAuley's contracts to wind down when thinking about changing the manager. That came back to bite us in the balls.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 13:49 - Jan 31 with 1209 viewshype313

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 13:38 - Jan 31 by Guthrum

Indeed.

It's puzzled me over the last year or so how McCarthy could, fairly suddenly, switch from being a very effective, if somewhat stodgy, football manager to one whose team is struggling with consistency and, often, displays spinelessness. I can't see how it could have happened, unless the man's gone mad. In that time, we've also had key players struggling with fitness, others sold off and not an awful lot in the way of replacements. Certainly not the strength in depth which allows a squad to maintain momentum when difficulties of that sort arise. Without the right tools, even a skilled craftsman can only bodge.

In some ways I take my hat off to him, I know he's being rewarded handsomely for it, but still, reputations are on the line and he is really working under League 2 constraints.

I really couldn't blame him if said "Do you know what, I can't do right with the fans, the owner doesn't want to invest and I'm sick off trying to build a successful team on cast off's".

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 15:43 - Jan 31 with 1032 viewsGuthrum

I'm also thinking the same, surely Mick would have ratified this on 13:49 - Jan 31 by hype313

In some ways I take my hat off to him, I know he's being rewarded handsomely for it, but still, reputations are on the line and he is really working under League 2 constraints.

I really couldn't blame him if said "Do you know what, I can't do right with the fans, the owner doesn't want to invest and I'm sick off trying to build a successful team on cast off's".

I think McCarthy's been around long enough to care less about reputation (which is fairly safe, anyway, in the wider footballing world), than about pride in doing a difficult job well. Fits in with his reputation as a tough, stubborn character (but in a positive sense).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024