Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forest in talks to sign Chambo 08:41 - Jan 31 with 11999 viewsKieranMcKenna1

According to Kaveh Solhekol.

Poll: Are you Mick out or Mick in?

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:28 - Jan 31 with 996 viewsclive_baker

Depending on the offer, yes I would sell. I think we need a bit of a clear out personally, and while I like Chambers as a bloke and a leader, I don't think he's a footballer that will lend himself to the shorter style I want to see us playing. If at 11 tonight when the window closes we've shifted on Chambers and Douglas for a fee then I would consider it good business. I'm happy to see MM phase Berra out too over the next few months while Smith and perhaps Taylor step in. Out with the old, but on the premise that ME is happy to bring in the new under a new management team as soon as this season is out. That's my preferred outcome, I don't really want MM spending serious money to be honest. We should be building for next year now. Going into the summer with a squad around Bart, Smith, Webster, Taylor perhaps, Kenlock, Emmanuel, Dozzell, Bishop, Skuse, Sears, McGoldrick, Ward, Pitman, Nydam, Moore, McDonnell, Morris. ME has to understand that we're perhaps 4 or 5 sizeable signings on top of those players away from a squad that can achieve anything though. Whether it's loanees in the Lawrence / Williams mould or perm signings, it's the reality.

Needless to say the likes of Best, Stewart, Coke etc can all do one as far as I'm concerned.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:29 - Jan 31 with 984 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:23 - Jan 31 by The_Romford_Blue

Well it's not really is it

At best it's 'meh'

Sounds like Chambers is going. Sad day for the club. James Thorne is the only available striker for Forest- they put him up for transfer.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:29 - Jan 31 with 984 viewsDebenBlue

If this is true, I personally think it is a very bad move. Since he has been moved back to centre half he looks far more comfortable and this has been shown in his performances. There is a huge Question mark of Taylor's fitness and ability to stay fit. He's only on a short term contract but IF he does perform other clubs offering bigger wages than us will be sniffing about, so come the summer Tommy Smith could be our only 1st choice centre half.

In addition to the above Chambers is highly regarded by all the players, he the one leader we currently have and IMO the club have treated him disrespectfully with his current contract situation.

Now is the wrong time to let him go
[Post edited 31 Jan 2017 9:32]
Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:32 - Jan 31 with 955 viewschicoazul

Well we have Tommy and Steven Taylor and Berra for central defence now with Digby behind and Webster in the summer. Plus Spence and Emmanuel for the right back slot. So maybe this was the reason why we signed those guys. I like Chambers though, be sad to see him go.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:33 - Jan 31 with 932 viewschicoazul

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:28 - Jan 31 by clive_baker

Depending on the offer, yes I would sell. I think we need a bit of a clear out personally, and while I like Chambers as a bloke and a leader, I don't think he's a footballer that will lend himself to the shorter style I want to see us playing. If at 11 tonight when the window closes we've shifted on Chambers and Douglas for a fee then I would consider it good business. I'm happy to see MM phase Berra out too over the next few months while Smith and perhaps Taylor step in. Out with the old, but on the premise that ME is happy to bring in the new under a new management team as soon as this season is out. That's my preferred outcome, I don't really want MM spending serious money to be honest. We should be building for next year now. Going into the summer with a squad around Bart, Smith, Webster, Taylor perhaps, Kenlock, Emmanuel, Dozzell, Bishop, Skuse, Sears, McGoldrick, Ward, Pitman, Nydam, Moore, McDonnell, Morris. ME has to understand that we're perhaps 4 or 5 sizeable signings on top of those players away from a squad that can achieve anything though. Whether it's loanees in the Lawrence / Williams mould or perm signings, it's the reality.

Needless to say the likes of Best, Stewart, Coke etc can all do one as far as I'm concerned.

Stewart?? Dont tell me hes still on our wage bill??

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:35 - Jan 31 with 912 viewsBehindBlueEyes

If Chambers were to go would that signal a return to 442 at least until Smith is match fit?

Blog: Kundai Benyu – The Golden Shot?

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:36 - Jan 31 with 904 viewschicoazul

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:29 - Jan 31 by DebenBlue

If this is true, I personally think it is a very bad move. Since he has been moved back to centre half he looks far more comfortable and this has been shown in his performances. There is a huge Question mark of Taylor's fitness and ability to stay fit. He's only on a short term contract but IF he does perform other clubs offering bigger wages than us will be sniffing about, so come the summer Tommy Smith could be our only 1st choice centre half.

In addition to the above Chambers is highly regarded by all the players, he the one leader we currently have and IMO the club have treated him disrespectfully with his current contract situation.

The contract situation is simple, we have an option on him which we may take up in the summer. I dont think there is anything disrespectful about that. He's done very well out of us for the last 4 years and been made captain of one of the biggest clubs in the country.

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:36 - Jan 31 with 894 viewsclive_baker

Webster will be back by then wont he? I want to see a Webster / Smith combo next season personally. We need more depth though for sure. I'm not sold on Digby, and while Taylor could be a steal if he's got anything like what he had a few years back, it's all to prove.

Login to get fewer ads

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:37 - Jan 31 with 886 viewshoppy

You're forgetting Webster, come the summer.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:38 - Jan 31 with 872 viewsclive_baker

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:33 - Jan 31 by chicoazul

Stewart?? Dont tell me hes still on our wage bill??

I don't think he's signed for anyone else yet, but I would be surprised if he's been anywhere near the training ground for a while. I expect we've paid him off already actually.

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:39 - Jan 31 with 858 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:28 - Jan 31 by clive_baker

Good post, agree with that.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:42 - Jan 31 with 841 viewsPhilTWTD

Even if there's anything in the interest it's unlikely Town would sell.
Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:42 - Jan 31 with 825 viewslazyblue

Can not let Chanbers go ,I have been critical at times of him this season but he is invaluable to us at the moment, he is the only real leader the club has on the pitch and without him we could fall like a stone.
Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:43 - Jan 31 with 814 viewsKieran_Knows

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:42 - Jan 31 by PhilTWTD

Fair play to his agent I say.

Chambers will sign a new contract tomorrow morning is my guess.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:43 - Jan 31 with 811 viewsSwailsey

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:38 - Jan 31 by clive_baker

I don't think he's signed for anyone else yet, but I would be surprised if he's been anywhere near the training ground for a while. I expect we've paid him off already actually.

Yeah we released him in the summer I think - or maybe last season.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:44 - Jan 31 with 788 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Would Chambers be worth a fee, or be a free transfer?
Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:47 - Jan 31 with 766 viewsSmithy

Unless they offer £3m at the last minute, without a replacement lined up.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:47 - Jan 31 with 760 viewsDebenBlue

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:36 - Jan 31 by chicoazul

The contract situation is simple, we have an option on him which we may take up in the summer. I dont think there is anything disrespectful about that. He's done very well out of us for the last 4 years and been made captain of one of the biggest clubs in the country.

Luke has been asking the club since the summer if there going to trigger the extension, he has asked to speak to MM on a number of occasions only to be fobbed off. In my option a disrespectful way to treat your captain who has totally committed himself and his family to the club and Town and has played whatever position the manager has wanted even if it has been detrimental to him.
Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:48 - Jan 31 with 745 viewsKieran_Knows

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:47 - Jan 31 by Smithy

Unless they offer £3m at the last minute, without a replacement lined up.

I mean, who would let their talisman go without having a replacement lined up eh?!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:49 - Jan 31 with 723 viewsSwailsey

I'd be gutted if this happens.

Big fan of Chambers and as Joe mentioned, helped to shape our club and bring it back again under Mick.

Has been much better playing CB recently and is still young as defenders go.

Some people do have short memories.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:49 - Jan 31 with 723 viewsDebenBlue

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:37 - Jan 31 by hoppy

You're forgetting Webster, come the summer.

You are correct Hoppy, apologies. Let's hope he is still here for next season though !!
Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:49 - Jan 31 with 722 viewshoppy

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:48 - Jan 31 by Kieran_Knows

I mean, who would let their talisman go without having a replacement lined up eh?!

Especially for something like £3m...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:50 - Jan 31 with 712 viewschicoazul

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:47 - Jan 31 by DebenBlue

Luke has been asking the club since the summer if there going to trigger the extension, he has asked to speak to MM on a number of occasions only to be fobbed off. In my option a disrespectful way to treat your captain who has totally committed himself and his family to the club and Town and has played whatever position the manager has wanted even if it has been detrimental to him.

What you're saying is only what we should expect of any professional footballer - commitment and doing what the Manager asks. People with older families ie Mick/Managers in general I dont think its fair to ask them to move the whole family up here but footballers tend to have younger more mobile families.

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:52 - Jan 31 with 675 viewsDebenBlue

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:50 - Jan 31 by chicoazul

What you're saying is only what we should expect of any professional footballer - commitment and doing what the Manager asks. People with older families ie Mick/Managers in general I dont think its fair to ask them to move the whole family up here but footballers tend to have younger more mobile families.

That's my point he's dine exactly what has been expected of him without fuss, so why can't the club have the decency to be up front with someone who has been loyal ??
Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:54 - Jan 31 with 659 viewsPhilTWTD

Forest in talks to sign Chambo on 09:44 - Jan 31 by Northern_Blue81

Would Chambers be worth a fee, or be a free transfer?

We've effectively got him contracted for 18 months so would be a fee for certain. But I don't think it's likely to happen and Town contacts say similar.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024