Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dune 2 00:40 - Mar 7 with 1343 viewsPerublue

Well …That’s a rather good film recommended 👍🏻

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Dune 2 on 05:45 - Mar 7 with 1267 viewschicoazul

I cried.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Dune 2 on 10:03 - Mar 7 with 1158 viewsghostofescobar

Going tonight - can't wait!

GhostOfEscobar

Dune 2 on 10:11 - Mar 7 with 1143 viewsDanTheMan

Think I'm going at the weekend. I've never watched the originals or read the books but thoroughly enjoyed the first film.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Dune 2 on 10:38 - Mar 7 with 1098 viewschicoazul

Dune 2 on 10:11 - Mar 7 by DanTheMan

Think I'm going at the weekend. I've never watched the originals or read the books but thoroughly enjoyed the first film.

Please read the books.
CAUTION; only read the Frank Herbert books. 4 are amazing, 1 is good, and 1 (God Emperor) is mind numbingly bad but has to be read.
Don’t bother with all the others. And if you happen to ever see a copy of the Dune Encyclopedia for sale snap it up and I’ll give you £20 for it.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/404459255251
[Post edited 7 Mar 10:43]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Dune 2 on 10:44 - Mar 7 with 1076 viewsRozz

Dune 2 on 10:38 - Mar 7 by chicoazul

Please read the books.
CAUTION; only read the Frank Herbert books. 4 are amazing, 1 is good, and 1 (God Emperor) is mind numbingly bad but has to be read.
Don’t bother with all the others. And if you happen to ever see a copy of the Dune Encyclopedia for sale snap it up and I’ll give you £20 for it.

Enjoyed the first book, but found the second quite hard work for whatever reason. I have Children of Dune downloaded so will return to finish that at some point.

Glad Dune 2 appears to be living up to its hype - the first film, while good in its own right, was really just teeing up the juicier half of the book.
Dune 2 on 10:53 - Mar 7 with 1044 viewsMookamoo

Watched it last night. Looked great on the big screen.

As someone who didn't read the books, or could remember what when on in the first film, it dragged on a bit. I still haven't got to grips the whos who of the Pontipines vs the Wottingers scuffle
Dune 2 on 11:16 - Mar 7 with 1000 viewsGuthrum

So long as they don't film any more. The books got increasingly terrible after the first two.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Dune 2 on 12:13 - Mar 7 with 950 viewschicoazul

Dune 2 on 11:16 - Mar 7 by Guthrum

So long as they don't film any more. The books got increasingly terrible after the first two.

Insane opinion. Heretics might be the best one. Children is fantastic.

Login to get fewer ads

Dune 2 on 12:24 - Mar 7 with 924 viewsDubtractor

Dune 2 on 10:38 - Mar 7 by chicoazul

Please read the books.

Bloody hell, God Emperor is tough going isn't it? Took me a while to finish that!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Dune 2 on 12:47 - Mar 7 with 877 viewsstonojnr

Dune 2 on 12:24 - Mar 7 by Dubtractor

Bloody hell, God Emperor is tough going isn't it? Took me a while to finish that!

Took me more than a year, part of me is convinced I never really finished it, but maybe that's just the effect it has 😅

Put me off reading the rest that's for sure, Messiah & Children of Dune are good fwiw, Denis Villeneuve has already written the script for Messiah, though i dont think theres a 3hr film in that so it may include elements from Children of Dune, we shall see, I'm surprised it hasn't been announced yet.

and I've never bothered with the Brian Herbert ones
Dune 2 on 12:52 - Mar 7 with 859 viewsFtnfwest

Dune 2 on 11:16 - Mar 7 by Guthrum

the preludes (written by his son) though not in the same literary class would fit film really well.
Dune 2 on 19:46 - Mar 7 with 679 viewsSwansea_Blue

I assume the first one is worth a watch? Or at least worth watching before Dune 2? I had an audiobook of Dune that I listened to when I was driving up and down to N Wales sorting out my old fella’s place after he passed away. So although I don’t exactly associate with happy memories, I enjoyed the book (hate audiobooks though for some reason - I’d much rather read myself, but that’s not so easy on the windy rural roads of Wales lol).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Dune 2 on 20:04 - Mar 7 with 658 viewsDubtractor

Dune 2 on 19:46 - Mar 7 by Swansea_Blue

I assume the first one is worth a watch? Or at least worth watching before Dune 2? I had an audiobook of Dune that I listened to when I was driving up and down to N Wales sorting out my old fella’s place after he passed away. So although I don’t exactly associate with happy memories, I enjoyed the book (hate audiobooks though for some reason - I’d much rather read myself, but that’s not so easy on the windy rural roads of Wales lol).

It is an amazing film, and will be essential to watch before the second one.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024