Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hutchinson 23:08 - Mar 5 with 1102 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Clearly planned to play a lot through him first half. Often had 3 or at least 2 men on him.

I thought he did well and imagine how their players must have felt to see the back of him only to have Burns come on as the focal point instead.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Hutchinson on 23:12 - Mar 5 with 1039 viewsBloomBlue

They certainly had him marked as the dangerman, as you say every time he got the ball they had 2 or 3 players on him.
Strangely once Burns replaced him BC decided they would only go 1on1 with Burns. Although that was possibly because BC players were running out of steam.
Hutchinson on 23:23 - Mar 5 with 921 viewsGeoffSentence

I didnt theink he got much help from Axel either. Whether it was on the manager's instructions or just that he doen't have that attackong instinct, who knows, but I thought that game was crying out for Harry to come on and surge up the wing to give their full backs something else to think about a bit earlier than he did.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Hutchinson on 23:27 - Mar 5 with 883 viewsLankHenners

Hutchinson on 23:23 - Mar 5 by GeoffSentence

I didnt theink he got much help from Axel either. Whether it was on the manager's instructions or just that he doen't have that attackong instinct, who knows, but I thought that game was crying out for Harry to come on and surge up the wing to give their full backs something else to think about a bit earlier than he did.

Thought the same - he's a good defensive full back but it seems fairly obvious to me why he's been a CB his whole (patchy) career. Looks a bit of an awkward fit out there but maybe we're being very careful with Clarke's long-standing achilles issue.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Hutchinson on 01:06 - Mar 6 with 745 viewscbower

Hutchinson on 23:23 - Mar 5 by GeoffSentence

I make you correct. Double and triple marked. No space and no overlap from Axel. Perhaps he should have switched sides after 25 mins or so with Harness (Hutch has played on the left too) just to unbalance Brizzle and disrupt their shape? Think this might have helped Leif too as Harness was getting no joy on the left 1st half at all.
In terms of Clarke and more forward intent, yes you're right but when he came on I think it was more to shore up the right side as Mehmeti was giving Axel all kinds of problems 2nd half.

bluescouser

Hutchinson on 06:46 - Mar 6 with 564 viewsBloomBlue

Hutchinson on 01:06 - Mar 6 by cbower

I make you correct. Double and triple marked. No space and no overlap from Axel. Perhaps he should have switched sides after 25 mins or so with Harness (Hutch has played on the left too) just to unbalance Brizzle and disrupt their shape? Think this might have helped Leif too as Harness was getting no joy on the left 1st half at all.
In terms of Clarke and more forward intent, yes you're right but when he came on I think it was more to shore up the right side as Mehmeti was giving Axel all kinds of problems 2nd half.

I was impressed with Mehmeti, his close control/ dribbling gave Axel problems all game, plus when Axel had the ball even though Mehmeti's smaller than Axel he used his body to constantly knock Axel off the ball. Obviously had some good coaching
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024