Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoroughly enjoyed yesterday…. 08:45 - Feb 18 with 1130 viewsITFC_Forever

Went on the coach from PR, and we got lucky in that the people around us weren’t licking any windows.
Left at 6am, and after one of the other ones (number 5) kept developing problems on the way home, we had to wait for it twice in case they needed to abandon ship and fill up the empty seats on the others.
They didn’t have to in the end, but we ended up pulling in behind the North Stand at midnight.

But the day was worth every minute. Great win in poor conditions, and we always seemed to have it under control, despite only being a goal ahead.

Everyone we encountered in Swansea was very friendly, Rossi’s fish and chip opposite the ground, the staff in the Harvester and the stewards at the ground were very friendly and polite, and the Town fans responded in kind. It’s rare that Town fans misbehave anyway, especially on the longer away trips, but I heard a number of fans thanking the stewards for treating us well on the way out.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Thoroughly enjoyed yesterday…. on 08:52 - Feb 18 with 1031 viewsDubtractor

That point about having it under control resonates with me.

The second half was scrappy, but it seemed clear that we took a tactic of keeping things tight, not taking risks, and defending the box with a very compact shape. Meant that Swansea just had the tactic of sticking crosses into a very crowded box, and so they weren't able to fashion a decent chance.

I'll add that we still had a very real threat on the counter in the second half - evidenced by hitting the woodwork twice, plus the Sarmiento chance.
[Post edited 18 Feb 8:55]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Thoroughly enjoyed yesterday…. on 08:57 - Feb 18 with 989 viewsMK1

I left at 8ish Saturday morning and got home just before 11. The conditions on the roads were pretty terrible in the South West especially, but trust we all got home safely.
As for the game, we played very well as a team and the conditions actually helped us a bit I think. We looked solid enough and in a certain amount of control. Morsy controlled the Midfield and Burgess has been missed.
Like you say, the staff at the stadium were very welcoming. A very enjoyable away win.
Thoroughly enjoyed yesterday…. on 11:05 - Feb 18 with 745 viewsGuthrum

I always like to thank the stewards on the way out, even if we lose. Think it's a good thing to leave an impression that ITFC fans are a decent bunch.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Thoroughly enjoyed yesterday…. on 11:43 - Feb 18 with 640 viewsSitfcB

We left Stow at 7:30 on a coach, got to the away compound at 14:44

Back in Stow at 11:22.

Our driver helped fix the wiper, the same thing happened at Stoke and that bus had to wait for a replacement bus meaning it didn’t get back to Ipswich until around 2am!!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024