Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please stop blaming the ref 17:16 - Feb 3 with 2723 viewsgtsb1966

We were absolute dog shoite in the first half. Worse we have been all season. That's why we lost.
Please stop blaming the ref on 17:17 - Feb 3 with 2181 viewspointofblue

We had a slow start. Had Preston not been given the opening goal (after a foul) or the second (offside) their confidence wouldn't have soared and ours wouldn't have plummeted. So I think it's fair to say the officials had a huge impact on the game.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Please stop blaming the ref on 17:18 - Feb 3 with 2174 viewsDanTheMan

I'm going to keep labouring this point but we can't just wave away two very obvious errors that lead to their first two goals. It changes the game dynamic completely.

Doesn't excuse the overall performance in the first half but if we go into half time just 1-0 down or whatever then it's a completely different game to 3-0 down.

The first half performance was bad and should be rightly criticised but the officiating was terrible and cost us at least a point imo.
[Post edited 3 Feb 17:20]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Please stop blaming the ref on 17:21 - Feb 3 with 2125 viewsredrickstuhaart

We were poor first half. But also only conceded one fair goal, and scored two in the second.

Teams have bad halves. Sometimes they come back and win.
Please stop blaming the ref on 17:21 - Feb 3 with 2129 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The a few on here that can’t bring themselves to say it. That one clown saying the score really should be 2-1 if it wasn’t for the officials. Sounds like he’s 9 or something. Well maybe he is!
Please stop blaming the ref on 17:22 - Feb 3 with 2093 viewsDubtractor

Please stop blaming the ref on 17:18 - Feb 3 by DanTheMan

I'm going to keep labouring this point but we can't just wave away two very obvious errors that lead to their first two goals. It changes the game dynamic completely.

Doesn't excuse the overall performance in the first half but if we go into half time just 1-0 down or whatever then it's a completely different game to 3-0 down.

The first half performance was bad and should be rightly criticised but the officiating was terrible and cost us at least a point imo.
[Post edited 3 Feb 17:20]

Exactly this. You can't just pretend that them getting a two goal lead doesn't hugely change the game. It changes how they play defensively, utterly negates any chance of Jackson having space to play it, gets their confidence up etc etc.

Yeah, against all that we were very poor in the first half, but it massively changes the game.

FWIW the ref was utterly hopeless all game, for both sides, but the game was pretty much decided on the basis of two really bad decisions.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Please stop blaming the ref on 17:23 - Feb 3 with 2068 viewsredrickstuhaart

Please stop blaming the ref on 17:21 - Feb 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The a few on here that can’t bring themselves to say it. That one clown saying the score really should be 2-1 if it wasn’t for the officials. Sounds like he’s 9 or something. Well maybe he is!

Deary me. Personal insults do not overcome facts.

Get back to supporting Trump.
Please stop blaming the ref on 17:23 - Feb 3 with 2047 viewsFrimleyBlue

I said to my son you will always get bad officials. The key is not giving them a reason to effect you.

By playing passes at the back like we did when they weren't on we invited trouble.

The offside however imo Is the prime reason var came in and the main time it's gutting that you don't have it.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Please stop blaming the ref on 17:26 - Feb 3 with 2027 viewstonybied

You were one of the guys on here filling your nappy this time last year. Clearly didn't learn any lessons did you?
Login to get fewer ads

Please stop blaming the ref on 17:26 - Feb 3 with 2020 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Please stop blaming the ref on 17:22 - Feb 3 by Dubtractor

Exactly this. You can't just pretend that them getting a two goal lead doesn't hugely change the game. It changes how they play defensively, utterly negates any chance of Jackson having space to play it, gets their confidence up etc etc.

Yeah, against all that we were very poor in the first half, but it massively changes the game.

FWIW the ref was utterly hopeless all game, for both sides, but the game was pretty much decided on the basis of two really bad decisions.

Heard similar after even after Leeds away.

What if Clarke didn’t play a hospital ball inside the press? Also through Fridge was a bit flat footed against a very weak shot IMO. You could do this all day, you control what you control and we were woeful first half.
Please stop blaming the ref on 17:29 - Feb 3 with 1970 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Please stop blaming the ref on 17:26 - Feb 3 by tonybied

You were one of the guys on here filling your nappy this time last year. Clearly didn't learn any lessons did you?

I’m actually very impressed with our transfer window, both strikers that came on impressed me mightily, I am pretty confident we will bounce back but I just don’t get defending or blaming outside factors for the first half which was no way near good enough. Every point is obviously going to be crucial. As I’m sure the manager will agree with.
Please stop blaming the ref on 17:33 - Feb 3 with 1919 viewspointofblue

Please stop blaming the ref on 17:29 - Feb 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I’m actually very impressed with our transfer window, both strikers that came on impressed me mightily, I am pretty confident we will bounce back but I just don’t get defending or blaming outside factors for the first half which was no way near good enough. Every point is obviously going to be crucial. As I’m sure the manager will agree with.

We were two goals down within eight minutes. The first was an arguable foul. The second was a definite offside. Going 2-0 down in the first ten minutes affects game - the leading side fills with confidence, the trailing team deflates. It is possible the game would have taken the same route, and they would have scored more anyway. But it is possible that we would have grown into it, as we're used to going 1-0 down.

Yes, the first half performance was abysmal. I can accept the argument we should have reset and tried not to let the two goals affect us but it's easier said than done. The officials had an impact as much as our performance did.

Please stop blaming the ref on 17:33 - Feb 3 with 1918 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Please stop blaming the ref on 17:23 - Feb 3 by redrickstuhaart

Deary me. Personal insults do not overcome facts.

Get back to supporting Trump.

Yes and you ignore a lot of the facts and then contradict yourself by getting going personal as well, so congratulations on that!
Please stop blaming the ref on 17:35 - Feb 3 with 1896 viewstonybied

Please stop blaming the ref on 17:29 - Feb 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I agree we had a poor first half but don't you expect confidence to be knocked when the oppo have been given 2 goals which blatantly shouldn't have been allowed? Without the headstart we probably would've had a bit more space to play in as Preston mainly sat back and kept compact only really hitting us on the break.
Please stop blaming the ref on 17:36 - Feb 3 with 1872 viewsredrickstuhaart

Please stop blaming the ref on 17:33 - Feb 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Yes and you ignore a lot of the facts and then contradict yourself by getting going personal as well, so congratulations on that!

Which fact has been ignored?

I think you are following your hero where facts are concerned.

The world of alternative facts is attractive to some minds.
Please stop blaming the ref on 17:38 - Feb 3 with 1844 viewsSawtrich

Two things happened in the first half, we weren't very good and the opposition scored one or two goals that shouldn't have stood. Both contributed to the defeat.
Please stop blaming the ref on 17:39 - Feb 3 with 1824 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Please stop blaming the ref on 17:33 - Feb 3 by pointofblue

We were two goals down within eight minutes. The first was an arguable foul. The second was a definite offside. Going 2-0 down in the first ten minutes affects game - the leading side fills with confidence, the trailing team deflates. It is possible the game would have taken the same route, and they would have scored more anyway. But it is possible that we would have grown into it, as we're used to going 1-0 down.

Yes, the first half performance was abysmal. I can accept the argument we should have reset and tried not to let the two goals affect us but it's easier said than done. The officials had an impact as much as our performance did.

We were on the back foot from the off, it was a poor ball from Clarke, then likely a foul, then no one really closed it down and we seemed flat footed. So you see how there’s multiple contributing factors there? You control what you can. We had no answer to their press.

It’s not the first time we’ve started poorly.

The second one frustrated me a lot more as was no way near level. Frustrating because they aren’t all that or even close to it but we lost it in the first half.
Please stop blaming the ref on 17:40 - Feb 3 with 1806 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Please stop blaming the ref on 17:36 - Feb 3 by redrickstuhaart

I think you are following your hero where facts are concerned.

The world of alternative facts is attractive to some minds.

Hero? What are you banging on about now?
Please stop blaming the ref on 17:40 - Feb 3 with 1796 viewspointofblue

Please stop blaming the ref on 17:38 - Feb 3 by Sawtrich

Two things happened in the first half, we weren't very good and the opposition scored one or two goals that shouldn't have stood. Both contributed to the defeat.

I'd say the two goals (one which shouldn't have stood, one which possibly shouldn't) led to us not being very good.

Please stop blaming the ref on 17:41 - Feb 3 with 1795 viewsredrickstuhaart

Please stop blaming the ref on 17:40 - Feb 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Hero? What are you banging on about now?

Please stop blaming the ref on 17:44 - Feb 3 with 1772 viewsBlueBlood90

Hang on. Yes, we were rubbish but how can you not blame the referee when he gave them TWO goals that shouldn't have counted? Simply not realistic

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Please stop blaming the ref on 17:45 - Feb 3 with 1749 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Please stop blaming the ref on 17:41 - Feb 3 by redrickstuhaart

We also contributed to their goals and that’s ultimately what we have control over. A football match doesn’t follow the same exact same script thereafter if the ref blows his whistle by the way, that’s not how things work. So you can’t say an hour after the non decision, basically we are 2-1 up now.
Please stop blaming the ref on 17:49 - Feb 3 with 1717 viewsredrickstuhaart

Please stop blaming the ref on 17:45 - Feb 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

We also contributed to their goals and that’s ultimately what we have control over. A football match doesn’t follow the same exact same script thereafter if the ref blows his whistle by the way, that’s not how things work. So you can’t say an hour after the non decision, basically we are 2-1 up now.

That hasn't been ignored at all.
Please stop blaming the ref on 18:33 - Feb 3 with 1592 viewsSimonds92

Goals change games as the saying goes. Its completely different if we're not 2 down in 10 minutes. We were crap but I would suggest its completely different performance if we had a competent ref. That blokes reffed us 2 or 3 times this season and been appalling. Westlake was literally taking the pi$$ out of him in commentary which shows how bad he is.
[Post edited 3 Feb 18:46]
Please stop blaming the ref on 18:57 - Feb 3 with 1491 viewshunty21

VAR disallow both goals just saying
Please stop blaming the ref on 19:03 - Feb 3 with 1455 viewspointofblue

Please stop blaming the ref on 18:57 - Feb 3 by hunty21

VAR disallow both goals just saying

Well should do, anyway.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024