Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2nd half shows we're still a top champ team. 17:37 - Feb 3 with 1059 viewsNutkins_Return

It shows what a good window can do as well and Moore has already shown what impact he can have. There won't be a panic from McKenna.

I think what we need to do from here on is tweak a few bits to our strongest team. It may take a few pelters but I'd be reintegrating Walton as first choice. I still believe he is our best goalkeeper and I would trust him a lot more in crunch playoff games for example. Hladky has done an outstanding job filling in but teams are setting traps for him now and part of his core strength has become a bit of a weakness for us in recent weeks.

If he stays in goal that's ok and I'll give him full support. I think for first time in a while our best 11 isn't quite clear.
[Post edited 3 Feb 17:57]
2nd half shows we're still a top champ team. on 17:38 - Feb 3 with 1034 viewspointofblue

I'd agree with you, if Walton didn't leave himself in no man's land against Maidstone and looked all at sea in his previous start against Fulham.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

2nd half shows we're still a top champ team. on 17:39 - Feb 3 with 1025 viewsDeano69

And also shows just how much we miss George Hirst (or his style of forward player)

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

2nd half shows we're still a top champ team. on 17:40 - Feb 3 with 1005 viewsFrimleyBlue

Need a few wins to be able to say that again imo

At the moment. We're doing OK against tiring teams.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

2nd half shows we're still a top champ team. on 17:41 - Feb 3 with 1003 viewspointofblue

2nd half shows we're still a top champ team. on 17:40 - Feb 3 by FrimleyBlue

Need a few wins to be able to say that again imo

At the moment. We're doing OK against tiring teams.

Have to ask why teams are tiring so much against us, though? Is it because they're having to work so hard against us in the first place?

2nd half shows we're still a top champ team. on 17:47 - Feb 3 with 962 viewsFrimleyBlue

2nd half shows we're still a top champ team. on 17:41 - Feb 3 by pointofblue

Have to ask why teams are tiring so much against us, though? Is it because they're having to work so hard against us in the first place?

Of course. But that's a given with how we play which of course Is a positive. The issue is we've gone from hurting sides whilst doing it to being scrappy with sides whilst doing it.

Think we are at the point where we aren't sure what our best lineup is..

Waka waka eh eh

2nd half shows we're still a top champ team. on 17:50 - Feb 3 with 922 viewspointofblue

2nd half shows we're still a top champ team. on 17:47 - Feb 3 by FrimleyBlue

Of course. But that's a given with how we play which of course Is a positive. The issue is we've gone from hurting sides whilst doing it to being scrappy with sides whilst doing it.

Think we are at the point where we aren't sure what our best lineup is..

I think there are question marks over two positions - left CB and left wing. Sarmiento had a chance to stake a claim today and made a mess of it. LCB is a nice place to be, as Edmundson overall has done well in that position, but now McKenna has to make a decision whether to bring Burgess back in.

The rest, I think, is or will be settled. I don't think he'll change keepers yet so Hladky, Clarke, Davis, Woolfenden, Morsy, Luongo, Burns, Chaplin, Moore.

2nd half shows we're still a top champ team. on 17:54 - Feb 3 with 852 viewsFrimleyBlue

2nd half shows we're still a top champ team. on 17:50 - Feb 3 by pointofblue

I think there are question marks over two positions - left CB and left wing. Sarmiento had a chance to stake a claim today and made a mess of it. LCB is a nice place to be, as Edmundson overall has done well in that position, but now McKenna has to make a decision whether to bring Burgess back in.

The rest, I think, is or will be settled. I don't think he'll change keepers yet so Hladky, Clarke, Davis, Woolfenden, Morsy, Luongo, Burns, Chaplin, Moore.

Think it's a host of positions at the moment.

Both 10s.. are chappers and broadhead both missing hirst.. so then that's sorted with moore? Or are both genunly just struggling

Burns or hutchinson..
Burns has I believe 0 goal contributions away from home. Hutch.. is he better at the tiring players..

Rb.. Williams or Clarke. We don't know what version of either we have.

Cb.. it is a difficult one with George fitter now. But Burgess height. Left foot may give him the nod.

Then midfield. Are we seeing the luongo morsy duo struggling?

Waka waka eh eh

2nd half shows we're still a top champ team. on 17:58 - Feb 3 with 818 viewsLankHenners

I think the season to date shows we're a good team. Hard to make that call if you solely look at the 2nd half as it was attack vs defence for much of it with Preston happy to try and sit on what they had - unlikely for us to get many games at this level that are like that at 0-0.

One thing you could say is it's Sod's law that for the 2nd season in a row we have a sticky spell of form and the teams around us win almost every game at the same time.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

2nd half shows we're still a top champ team. on 17:59 - Feb 3 with 794 viewsNutkins_Return

2nd half shows we're still a top champ team. on 17:38 - Feb 3 by pointofblue

I'd agree with you, if Walton didn't leave himself in no man's land against Maidstone and looked all at sea in his previous start against Fulham.

Didn't think Walton was at fault against Maidstone. And he's been out a little while. He's not going to be immediately in too form (so that's the risk). But Walton after 4-5 games for my money is a top keeper.
2nd half shows we're still a top champ team. on 18:02 - Feb 3 with 755 viewspointofblue

2nd half shows we're still a top champ team. on 17:54 - Feb 3 by FrimleyBlue

Think it's a host of positions at the moment.

Both 10s.. are chappers and broadhead both missing hirst.. so then that's sorted with moore? Or are both genunly just struggling

Burns or hutchinson..
Burns has I believe 0 goal contributions away from home. Hutch.. is he better at the tiring players..

Rb.. Williams or Clarke. We don't know what version of either we have.

Cb.. it is a difficult one with George fitter now. But Burgess height. Left foot may give him the nod.

Then midfield. Are we seeing the luongo morsy duo struggling?

I think you're seeing things which McKenna isn't seeing.

2nd half shows we're still a top champ team. on 18:16 - Feb 3 with 699 viewsbluejacko

Pity a game has two half’s then isn’t it! How many times have we left it late since before Christmas to even rescue a point let alone win a game?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024