Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement 11:54 - Dec 27 with 4522 viewsle2blue

Michael Obafemi at Burnley. Young (23) and mobile and good at pressing. Not playing at Burnley but has a track record in this division and experience in the premier league. I reckon he could be one that Kieran could really develop, has a pathway via Southampton academy and will be known to KM from his time at Spurs as Obafemi was at a numebr of london teams. Burnley paid £4M for him, so likely in our price range.

As an aside, think the club would do well to get Scowy back into our scouting team, he's currently at Palace as one of their European scouts, something we will need in the years ahead.
I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 11:58 - Dec 27 with 4207 viewsbournemouthblue

Sounds more like a loan with a view to permanent signing possibly?

I like Ladapo but I can see him moving out on January, either on loan or as a sale

McKenna clearly likes Jackson for his work rate, he's a handy squad player to have

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 14:45 - Dec 27 with 3831 viewsBluespeed225

Scowy is one to be listened to . Watching players is his occupation, although Europe based I’m sure he gets the ‘Word on the street’ about players here.
I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 15:16 - Dec 27 with 3674 viewsVic

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 14:45 - Dec 27 by Bluespeed225

Scowy is one to be listened to . Watching players is his occupation, although Europe based I’m sure he gets the ‘Word on the street’ about players here.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 15:19 - Dec 27 with 3653 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 15:16 - Dec 27 by Vic

Exactly what I was thinking.

I was thinking that if we can't get anyone else Scowie would be a decent signing himself!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 15:20 - Dec 27 with 3628 viewsVic

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 15:19 - Dec 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

I was thinking that if we can't get anyone else Scowie would be a decent signing himself!

Not sure about his sell on potential. Player trading and all that.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 15:23 - Dec 27 with 3592 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 15:20 - Dec 27 by Vic

I think there comes a point that getting us to the very top will be enough for a few of our players. No fee to sign him and I reckon his wages aren't excessive either.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 15:27 - Dec 27 with 3558 viewsnrb1985

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 15:20 - Dec 27 by Vic

Think that may go out of the window if Hirst is out for any period of time.

We will potentially not have a better chance of promotion for a number of years so buying somebody tried and tested is surely more likely.

Even if it's someone in their mid to late 20s who costs more than the £3m muted.
I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 15:27 - Dec 27 with 3545 viewsReusersTown

Can I ask where you saw this? was it on Town TV?
Login to get fewer ads

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 15:28 - Dec 27 with 3547 viewsMullet

Divin Mubama is out of contract and won't sign a new one at West Ham atm. Only 19 but might be worth seeing if we can tempt him here.

Cauley Woodrow is someone I've always liked but even not playing for Luton, being there again might be too much to tempt him back down.

Keiffer Moore might fancy a go here now, especially with his Wales team mates here.

Danny Loader no longer seems to get games at Porto - injured in September and didn't make the squad much on his return. He would be an ambitious gamble given his talent and development out there. A deal here with an eye on selling him would be

Lukas Nmecha seems in a similar position at Wolfsburg who aren;t doing well this season.

Delap could be moved here instead much like Stansfield if we can convince the parent clubs it's better for them financially and for their player to be in a promotion chase under McKenna.

I think it's going to be fascinating to see what the club is willing to spend, where it sees itself in terms of deal and what that means for how we approach this window. The fact we can offer potential Premier League football if they play their part and a spell under McKenna are two massive weapons to leverage for Ashton.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 17:41 - Dec 27 with 3156 viewsMookamoo

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 15:28 - Dec 27 by Mullet

Divin Mubama is out of contract and won't sign a new one at West Ham atm. Only 19 but might be worth seeing if we can tempt him here.

Cauley Woodrow is someone I've always liked but even not playing for Luton, being there again might be too much to tempt him back down.

Keiffer Moore might fancy a go here now, especially with his Wales team mates here.

Danny Loader no longer seems to get games at Porto - injured in September and didn't make the squad much on his return. He would be an ambitious gamble given his talent and development out there. A deal here with an eye on selling him would be

Lukas Nmecha seems in a similar position at Wolfsburg who aren;t doing well this season.

Delap could be moved here instead much like Stansfield if we can convince the parent clubs it's better for them financially and for their player to be in a promotion chase under McKenna.

I think it's going to be fascinating to see what the club is willing to spend, where it sees itself in terms of deal and what that means for how we approach this window. The fact we can offer potential Premier League football if they play their part and a spell under McKenna are two massive weapons to leverage for Ashton.

Good to see some different names getting mentioned, rather than just another 'we need to replace Lapado' post.

I think Mubama would be an exciting signing. Saw a little bit of him with the Youth Cup highlights and he looked like he had something good about him.
I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 18:18 - Dec 27 with 2936 viewsMullet

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 17:41 - Dec 27 by Mookamoo

Good to see some different names getting mentioned, rather than just another 'we need to replace Lapado' post.

I think Mubama would be an exciting signing. Saw a little bit of him with the Youth Cup highlights and he looked like he had something good about him.

I can't imagine he's cheap, nor we'd rely on a kid to spearhead promotion but his biggest weakness seems to be his touch and that's something that can be worked on.

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 18:29 - Dec 27 with 2861 viewsBlueBoots

If we're looking for someone to play the Hirst role, Obafemi has been out with a hamstring injury for the first 4 months of this season, scored 5 in 31 appearances in the Championship last season, and is 5' 6". Is Scowcroft his agent?

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 18:58 - Dec 27 with 2716 viewsKieran_Knows

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 15:28 - Dec 27 by Mullet

Kieffer Moore would be absolutely dreadful in this system. I don’t get why people keep suggesting him.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 19:44 - Dec 27 with 2554 viewsBigCommon

As a development option, Josh Coburn at Borough ticks a lot of boxes..
I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 19:44 - Dec 27 with 2552 viewsExiled2Surrey

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 17:41 - Dec 27 by Mookamoo

I know I will accused of just thinking of players who played well against us it will be interesting to see if Sinclair Armstrong gets much game time against us on Friday. If we are looking at raw material he looked pretty useful, albeit he doesn’t seem to be getting much game time at QPR which doesn’t suggest he is fulfilling his potential currently.
I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 20:11 - Dec 27 with 2472 viewsSwansea_Blue

A very different player to Hirst. Likes to play on the shoulder of the last defender and run in behind using his pace. He’s not likely to do the team work Hirst does. Question marks over his character too (he threw his toys out of the pram over here with Swansea).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 20:23 - Dec 27 with 2409 viewsSwansea_Blue

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 18:58 - Dec 27 by Kieran_Knows

Kieffer Moore would be absolutely dreadful in this system. I don’t get why people keep suggesting him.

Quite. For a start we need someone who can run. Secondly, we need someone who can play. Now if Pullis was our manager it would be a different story…

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 00:58 - Dec 28 with 1961 viewsurbanblue

How about Keiren Bowie on loan at Northampton from Fulham cos he's got a cool name ...
I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 07:33 - Dec 28 with 1745 viewsmarcus1642

Certainly fits the profile. Wages a bit of a problem maybe, and getting him to move south.
I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 08:51 - Dec 28 with 1556 viewsWeWereZombies

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 00:58 - Dec 28 by urbanblue

How about Keiren Bowie on loan at Northampton from Fulham cos he's got a cool name ...

Might be more likely if there is a change of the people in charge at Fulham and, y'know, they get in someone more likely to be the man who sold the World...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 09:11 - Dec 28 with 1491 viewsMullet

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 18:58 - Dec 27 by Kieran_Knows

I think he's a known quantity isn't he? That list is more just a sketch of ways we might go given we are unknown territory.

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 09:19 - Dec 28 with 1450 viewsKieran_Knows

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 09:11 - Dec 28 by Mullet

I think he's a known quantity isn't he? That list is more just a sketch of ways we might go given we are unknown territory.

He’s about as mobile as 40ft artic lorry trying to turn round. That alone means he couldn’t play in the system we have now.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 09:21 - Dec 28 with 1440 viewsMullet

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 09:19 - Dec 28 by Kieran_Knows

He’s about as mobile as 40ft artic lorry trying to turn round. That alone means he couldn’t play in the system we have now.

He'd more be an upgrade on Freddie would he not? I think you're being a little harsh but I agree he's not Hirst 2.0

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 09:25 - Dec 28 with 1420 viewstractorboy1978

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 09:21 - Dec 28 by Mullet

He'd more be an upgrade on Freddie would he not? I think you're being a little harsh but I agree he's not Hirst 2.0

We need someone to do what Hirst does though. Someone that can press.
I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 09:27 - Dec 28 with 1394 viewsMullet

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 09:25 - Dec 28 by tractorboy1978

We need someone to do what Hirst does though. Someone that can press.

We do, but I'd have thought we are massively changing our front line given Scarlett is gone, Freddie is off barring a disaster and Hirst is out for an unknown time now.

I'd be surprised if we didn't get Stansfield and one other.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024