Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The state of this place 22:58 - Dec 26 with 1530 viewsbluelagos

Reading some of the comments - ffs - give yer heads a wobble (if you were pointing fingers)

Leicester were brilliant today, really decent press - so well drilled. And on the break - they looked lethal - absolute class side that played well and looked deserved table toppers.

And we matched em, absolutely we did. Even if we'd lost I'd have said the same, that we were up against a top side and we went toe to toe with them.

To watch that and be critical of the players (individually or collectively) - then I don't think football is for you. The entitled sh1te from some "fans" on here is laughable.

Well played towen - thoroughly enjoyed that - and hats off to Leicester - really impressed with them today.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

The state of this place on 23:08 - Dec 26 with 1433 viewsChrisd

I think those saying Leicester weren’t very impressive perhaps need to look at following another sport. Clearly football isn’t for them.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

The state of this place on 23:10 - Dec 26 with 1400 viewsbluelagos

The state of this place on 23:08 - Dec 26 by Chrisd

I think those saying Leicester weren’t very impressive perhaps need to look at following another sport. Clearly football isn’t for them.

I genuinely think if you couldn't see that Leicester were a class act - then you know nothing about football, nothing.

Really enjoyed the match - two brilliant sides - yep, two :-)

Come on the towen

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

The state of this place on 23:18 - Dec 26 with 1305 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

First half they controlled the game, second half was ours bar the finishing.

Fantastic result.
The state of this place on 23:25 - Dec 26 with 1248 viewsitfcsuth

A performance to be incredibly proud of.

Again we were reminded of the incredible group we have here right now.

I think at times in moments we didn’t show the composure we often do, a little bit scruffy in some moments.

But overall, wow, what a group. The bravery, belief, and so often execution to play the way we do. Incredible to watch.
The state of this place on 23:27 - Dec 26 with 1212 viewsDubtractor

Amen to that Laggers.

Actually astonished at some of what i've read on here having got home from the game.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The state of this place on 23:45 - Dec 26 with 1104 viewsSarge

They really weren’t impressive. We totally outplayed them for 3/4 of that match. We weren’t at our best but was a great point against a team who are obviously good because they’re top but not impressed with them in the slightest.
The state of this place on 23:49 - Dec 26 with 1066 viewsChrisd

The state of this place on 23:45 - Dec 26 by Sarge

They really weren’t impressive. We totally outplayed them for 3/4 of that match. We weren’t at our best but was a great point against a team who are obviously good because they’re top but not impressed with them in the slightest.

You’re entitled to your opinion, but you’re watching a different game to me then.

The state of this place on 23:53 - Dec 26 with 1037 viewsSarge

The state of this place on 23:49 - Dec 26 by Chrisd

You’re entitled to your opinion, but you’re watching a different game to me then.

Just don’t know what’s impressive about having a couple of shots, and sitting back to (fail to) defend a lead for most of the game.
Login to get fewer ads

The state of this place on 00:15 - Dec 27 with 957 viewsBondiBlue

The state of this place on 23:53 - Dec 26 by Sarge

Just don’t know what’s impressive about having a couple of shots, and sitting back to (fail to) defend a lead for most of the game.

I know what you mean but i think it's the style. They play that russell martin style slow possession that is dull as ditchwater to watch. But they do it well and their individuals are talented.

Poll: Which would you accept?

The state of this place on 07:20 - Dec 27 with 719 viewsChrisd

The state of this place on 00:15 - Dec 27 by BondiBlue

I know what you mean but i think it's the style. They play that russell martin style slow possession that is dull as ditchwater to watch. But they do it well and their individuals are talented.

They certainly weren’t slow when they burst into action, some of their play during the first half was very good. Considering they were the away side, they really controlled us well in that opening 45mins. They stopped doing that in the 2nd half, which opened the door for us.

The state of this place on 09:04 - Dec 27 with 534 viewsDubtractor

Just to add to this, there were definitely a higher % of loudly negative idiots in the ground last night. Assume it was a higher number of day trippers* as quite a few season ticket regulars around us were replaced by new faces last night.

Honestly can't get my head around the idea of getting on the back of any individual, or the team in general, having seen the performances and results we have in 2023 - let alone in a game where we went toe to toe with the team that are on course to break records for the division this season. I'm not talking about the odd frustrated comment when a player makes a mistake, as we all do that, but the constant whining about whatever it is that they have picked as their pet whine.

*I'm not included our resident day tripper Illy in this critique!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024