Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January ins and outs 11:05 - Nov 30 with 5112 viewsWallingford_Boy

IN
Striker
Szmodics

OUT
Jacko
Baggott
Ball
Ladapo
Evans
Aluko

(Some of the outs will be loans, obviously)

RIP Sir Bobby

January ins and outs on 11:12 - Nov 30 with 3481 viewsJ2BLUE

McKenna clearly likes Jackson and he offers something different. You need to get over it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

January ins and outs on 11:20 - Nov 30 with 3422 viewsStokieBlue

Szmodics isn't really a striker and isn't really the type of forward we need.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

January ins and outs on 11:23 - Nov 30 with 3407 viewsAsa

January ins and outs on 11:20 - Nov 30 by StokieBlue

SB

Agreed.

Also heard from a couple of people that know him fairly well that he has a proper weird hatred for us. One of those Colchester fans that thinks that we think they are relevant to them.

I'm sure the right career move, contract and salary would likely cut through that though and a great player, but the amount he'd cost in the form he's in and the value he'd add to the team are rightly at odds with each other.
January ins and outs on 11:23 - Nov 30 with 3395 viewsHerbivore

Think it's highly unlikely Jackson goes. McKenna rates him, he's contributed well this season, he gives us the kind of pace nobody else can offer, and his versatility is really useful.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

January ins and outs on 11:24 - Nov 30 with 3392 viewsITFC_Jenx

The same Szmodics who is valued around £7m and just signed a new contract. Don't think that going to happen.
January ins and outs on 11:27 - Nov 30 with 3357 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

January ins and outs on 11:23 - Nov 30 by Asa

Agreed.

Also heard from a couple of people that know him fairly well that he has a proper weird hatred for us. One of those Colchester fans that thinks that we think they are relevant to them.

I'm sure the right career move, contract and salary would likely cut through that though and a great player, but the amount he'd cost in the form he's in and the value he'd add to the team are rightly at odds with each other.

I’ve also been told he’s a Ipswich supporter and would bite our hand off to play here so what’s the truth? People talk nonsense?
January ins and outs on 11:28 - Nov 30 with 3341 viewsStokieBlue

January ins and outs on 11:27 - Nov 30 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

I’ve also been told he’s a Ipswich supporter and would bite our hand off to play here so what’s the truth? People talk nonsense?

You mean nonsense like:

"Millwall will be our second hardest home game after Leeds"?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

January ins and outs on 11:29 - Nov 30 with 3337 viewshomer_123

January ins and outs on 11:23 - Nov 30 by Herbivore

Think it's highly unlikely Jackson goes. McKenna rates him, he's contributed well this season, he gives us the kind of pace nobody else can offer, and his versatility is really useful.

Wally is to Jacko what Frimmers is to Burns.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

January ins and outs on 11:30 - Nov 30 with 3337 viewsITFC_Forever

Who's going to sign a long-term injured Evans?

Szmodics hates us.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

January ins and outs on 11:32 - Nov 30 with 3319 viewsJ2BLUE

January ins and outs on 11:28 - Nov 30 by StokieBlue

You mean nonsense like:

"Millwall will be our second hardest home game after Leeds"?

SB

It's like people flip a coin for any player who has been at Colchester to decide if they are a Town fan or absolutely hate us.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

January ins and outs on 11:33 - Nov 30 with 3290 viewsFrimleyBlue

January ins and outs on 11:29 - Nov 30 by homer_123

Not quite. I've never said sell Burns. Just improve on him whereas wally wants Jackson completely gone.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

January ins and outs on 11:33 - Nov 30 with 3303 viewsBlueandTruesince82

SB

And Blackburn are not going to sell us their best player

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

January ins and outs on 11:41 - Nov 30 with 3214 viewsKieran_Knows

SB

I doubt we would be signing Szmodics as a striker though, even if we was interested. He seems the absolute ideal player to play in behind like Chaplin and Broadhead do, and up until his move to Blackburn, that's where he spent the majority of his career playing.

That being said, we was interested in Armstrong throughout the summer, and he's nowhere near the type of striker Hirst is either, so McKenna clearly feels the need for that type of striker amongst his armory.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

January ins and outs on 11:41 - Nov 30 with 3199 viewstextbackup

January ins and outs on 11:12 - Nov 30 by J2BLUE

McKenna clearly likes Jackson and he offers something different. You need to get over it.

Jackson has looked every bit a poor player of late.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

January ins and outs on 11:41 - Nov 30 with 3203 views_clive_baker_

January ins and outs on 11:29 - Nov 30 by homer_123

To be fair to Wally, questioning Jackson's consistency is much more understandable than anyone watching us for the past 2 years under McKenna and thinking Wes Burns is anything close to being a problem area. Showed again last night what he brings to this side, defensively and offensively. Incredible work rate, presses hard, fit as a butchers dog, pace and directness that defenders hate playing against and an ability to use the ball well in the right areas. Excellent ball in for the 1st, perfect cut back for the 2nd, pressed them into a cheap out ball for the 3rd that Burgess intercepted. Hit the post himself. A constant threat.

Jackson does a job, but I can see why he draws criticism. Having said that I can't see why we would move him on in Jan. He's surely of more value sticking around for 6 months here than any likely small fee we might get for him.
January ins and outs on 11:43 - Nov 30 with 3175 viewstextbackup

January ins and outs on 11:27 - Nov 30 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

No chance he’s a Town fan.
He goes wild any time his team scores vs us.

January ins and outs on 11:43 - Nov 30 with 3176 viewsKieran_Knows

IN;
Striker
Centre mid/number 10

OUT;
Baggott - loan
Ladapo - sell
Donacien - sell

Jackson, Ball, Evans and Aluko all to leave for free in the summer.

January ins and outs on 11:46 - Nov 30 with 3140 viewsKieran_Knows

January ins and outs on 11:41 - Nov 30 by _clive_baker_

To be fair to Wally, questioning Jackson's consistency is much more understandable than anyone watching us for the past 2 years under McKenna and thinking Wes Burns is anything close to being a problem area. Showed again last night what he brings to this side, defensively and offensively. Incredible work rate, presses hard, fit as a butchers dog, pace and directness that defenders hate playing against and an ability to use the ball well in the right areas. Excellent ball in for the 1st, perfect cut back for the 2nd, pressed them into a cheap out ball for the 3rd that Burgess intercepted. Hit the post himself. A constant threat.

Jackson does a job, but I can see why he draws criticism. Having said that I can't see why we would move him on in Jan. He's surely of more value sticking around for 6 months here than any likely small fee we might get for him.

I've said it since the beginning of the season, I'm in no doubt that McKenna has improved the likes of Donacien, Jackson and Ladapo, and he's getting the absolute maximum from them that he can ... however, our standard/quality has raised considerably and unfortunately they look - to me - short of what is required going forward.

January ins and outs on 11:50 - Nov 30 with 3083 viewstextbackup

January ins and outs on 11:46 - Nov 30 by Kieran_Knows

I've said it since the beginning of the season, I'm in no doubt that McKenna has improved the likes of Donacien, Jackson and Ladapo, and he's getting the absolute maximum from them that he can ... however, our standard/quality has raised considerably and unfortunately they look - to me - short of what is required going forward.

That he’s putting Scarlett who is never a number 9, and never will be, on ahead of Ladapo speaks volumes

January ins and outs on 11:51 - Nov 30 with 3065 views_clive_baker_

January ins and outs on 11:46 - Nov 30 by Kieran_Knows

I think that's perfectly reasonable, and also perfectly natural. Every player in the squad will have a ceiling, and they'll all be at different levels. If you're not a top performer in L1 at 28 years old then you're unlikely to be a top performer in the Championship.

We would have the same if we went up again, instead of Donacien and Ladapo it might be Clarke and Luongo etc.
January ins and outs on 11:52 - Nov 30 with 3048 viewsblueislander

It seems that Aluko is being prepared for a coaching/ analyst role.
January ins and outs on 11:53 - Nov 30 with 3041 viewsgordon

Think over January and the summer it is likely that the next four senior players that we move on and improve on will be Donacien, Aluko, Evans and Ladapo. Jackson definitely still offers something different to our other options, works really hard and will be relatively cheap (in terms of wages) so no obvious reason to move him on unless he wants first team football - think he'd be a brilliant signing for a top-half on the table League One side.
January ins and outs on 11:54 - Nov 30 with 3033 viewsKieran_Knows

January ins and outs on 11:51 - Nov 30 by _clive_baker_

I think that's perfectly reasonable, and also perfectly natural. Every player in the squad will have a ceiling, and they'll all be at different levels. If you're not a top performer in L1 at 28 years old then you're unlikely to be a top performer in the Championship.

We would have the same if we went up again, instead of Donacien and Ladapo it might be Clarke and Luongo etc.

Absolutely. Clearly McKenna thought the same last January given the 4 players which came in, so you wonder what our targets are this January given the form were in and where we sit in the table.

Might be a bigger turnover than we think, or will McKenna want to keep the group together?

January ins and outs on 11:54 - Nov 30 with 3023 viewsSharkey

January ins and outs on 11:23 - Nov 30 by Asa

Agreed.

Yes, if you want to see what unbridled hatred looks like, watch this:

https://www.theposh.com/news/2020/february/video--szmodics-thrilled-with-ipswich
January ins and outs on 11:54 - Nov 30 with 3020 viewsKieran_Knows

January ins and outs on 11:53 - Nov 30 by gordon

Think over January and the summer it is likely that the next four senior players that we move on and improve on will be Donacien, Aluko, Evans and Ladapo. Jackson definitely still offers something different to our other options, works really hard and will be relatively cheap (in terms of wages) so no obvious reason to move him on unless he wants first team football - think he'd be a brilliant signing for a top-half on the table League One side.

Offer Jackson and a bit of cash for Poku at Peterborough .... McAnthony will finally get his man then.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024