Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rumour 11:28 - Nov 13 with 2846 viewscressi

Newcastle thinking of replacing Howe. I can't see it.
Rumour on 11:45 - Nov 13 with 2752 viewsazuremerlangus

Only if they have someone lined up…

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Rumour on 11:45 - Nov 13 with 2753 viewsGuthrum

That would be mad, but by no means unusual for the way football clubs are often run nowadays.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Rumour on 11:48 - Nov 13 with 2729 viewsElderGrizzly

Howe is the Mark Hughes appointment as was at Man City.

The owners will always go for a 'name' when the time is right.
Rumour on 11:48 - Nov 13 with 2728 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

Highly unlikely I would think.
Rumour on 11:55 - Nov 13 with 2656 viewsWeWereZombies

Here's a thought that will divide the forum. Watching Match of the Day last night I was cogitating that Howe has probably got another season and a half on Tyneside (unless the Magpies actually win something), by which time we may have gotten into the Premier League and established ourselves a bit. So if that leads to McKenna being poached by Tottenham or Manchester United do we then want a recently sacked Eddie Howe as Town boss ?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Rumour on 11:56 - Nov 13 with 2639 viewsitfcsuth

Nothing surprises me in football anymore - but would be extremely harsh imo.

You wonder whether they may look at Graham Potter to link up with Dan Ashworth again.

Or whether they'd go for a 'big name' - like a Hansi Flick etc.
Rumour on 11:59 - Nov 13 with 2612 viewsnoggin

They'll probably be looking at McKenna

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Rumour on 11:59 - Nov 13 with 2602 viewswkj

I can see it, howe is currently akin to Mark Hughes' time as Man City's manager - transitional as they look to bring in one of the world elite manager. Which means we need to be protective of McKenna. I would hate for Toon to steal another great from us and end up not appreciating them.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Rumour on 12:10 - Nov 13 with 2506 viewsChurchman

Rumour on 11:59 - Nov 13 by wkj

I can see it, howe is currently akin to Mark Hughes' time as Man City's manager - transitional as they look to bring in one of the world elite manager. Which means we need to be protective of McKenna. I would hate for Toon to steal another great from us and end up not appreciating them.

No, they’ll go for a Juan Carlos Bignoisetti style manager. They’ll follow the fashion for anyone but UK managers.

If they bin Howe, he’ll be very unlucky. He’s done a great job there.
Rumour on 12:34 - Nov 13 with 2333 viewsnodge_blue

Given that Howe is a McKenna type manager, i doubt they would go down the experience ladder.

I suspect theyd want someone like the villa manager or that sort of status.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Rumour on 12:54 - Nov 13 with 2187 viewshoppy

Can't see it... Fog on the Tyne?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Rumour on 13:02 - Nov 13 with 2106 viewssjg

Think this was started by the same troll Twitter account that started the rumour that Sean Longstaff was taking a break from football to go travelling with his brother in the hope of finding himself
Rumour on 13:03 - Nov 13 with 2091 viewsWeWereZombies

Rumour on 12:54 - Nov 13 by hoppy

Can't see it... Fog on the Tyne?

He might be homesick for Dorset and want to...Run For Home ?

Rumour on 17:25 - Nov 13 with 1772 viewsstrikalite

What a load of rubbish, he's got absolutely everything out of those players and was given the toughest Champions League group...

He now needs a few more transfer windows to bring in the next level of player..
Rumour on 17:27 - Nov 13 with 1759 viewsWeWereZombies

Rumour on 17:25 - Nov 13 by strikalite

What a load of rubbish, he's got absolutely everything out of those players and was given the toughest Champions League group...

He now needs a few more transfer windows to bring in the next level of player..

Nah, leave them as they are...Nicely Out Of Tune.

Rumour on 17:55 - Nov 13 with 1654 viewsMK1

Only if Xavi Alonso fancies it. None of the other so called big names would be interested at the moment. Only see it happening if Newcastle finish outside the top 5 this season.
Rumour on 18:01 - Nov 13 with 1620 viewsMK1

Rumour on 11:55 - Nov 13 by WeWereZombies

Here's a thought that will divide the forum. Watching Match of the Day last night I was cogitating that Howe has probably got another season and a half on Tyneside (unless the Magpies actually win something), by which time we may have gotten into the Premier League and established ourselves a bit. So if that leads to McKenna being poached by Tottenham or Manchester United do we then want a recently sacked Eddie Howe as Town boss ?

Yes, but would he?
Rumour on 18:05 - Nov 13 with 1591 viewsWeWereZombies

Rumour on 18:01 - Nov 13 by MK1

Yes, but would he?

It's a hypothetical situation designed to bring out TWTD posters attitude towards Eddie Howe as a potential future manager, it doesn't really matter whether he would be offered or accept the post at the moment.

Rumour on 18:16 - Nov 13 with 1547 viewsMK1

Rumour on 18:05 - Nov 13 by WeWereZombies

It's a hypothetical situation designed to bring out TWTD posters attitude towards Eddie Howe as a potential future manager, it doesn't really matter whether he would be offered or accept the post at the moment.

I would have no problem with it. I don't tend to look back in life, so don't care about the Bournemouth stuff. Think he has proved himself at Newcastle, so yes, I would take him should McKenna opt out.
Rumour on 20:17 - Nov 13 with 1316 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The current McKenna would be another Howe-type appointment. They will wait until he has won the Champions League with us before they poach him and under-appreciate him.

"We never sacked Bobby Robson!"

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024