Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is abundantly clear… 22:33 - Oct 25 with 3768 viewstractorboy1978

Is that another team is going to have to go on a ridiculous run of form to get above us. People might not like me saying this but we aren’t going anywhere. We aren’t going to maintain *this* ridiculous PPG but we aren’t seriously tailing off anytime soon. I look at the teams below us and I genuinely wonder who has the capability and cojones to topple us. Leeds, Southampton, Boro possibly. But we have such a margin on them.
What is abundantly clear… on 22:36 - Oct 25 with 3354 viewsgainsboroughblue

WOTB is still comedy gold. We've just had a lucky run of fixtures apparently. The level of denial there is incredible. Absolutely desperate internetting.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

What is abundantly clear… on 22:37 - Oct 25 with 3322 viewsDubtractor

The thing about the Championship is that teams rarely go on really long runs like we have - inconsistency is king - hence we've just missed a game out of the last 2 but still increased our gap to third!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

What is abundantly clear… on 22:37 - Oct 25 with 3296 viewswkj

What do you base that opinion on? Yes, our run is monstrous especially if you tack it on to the run we had last season - but I wouldn't consider much of our run this season is driven by luck. Yes, it's going to be hard to keep this form going, but I don't see any signs of that faltering. Also, keep in mind that GC20 strengthened in the Jan transfer window last season - if we're 2nd come Christmas you can't help but feel if McKenna wants something in January he's absolutely going to get it.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

What is abundantly clear… on 22:38 - Oct 25 with 3293 viewsDarkBrandon

We need to lose four more games than one of them between now and the end of the season (or a lot more draws).

It is early days, but that gap is significant
What is abundantly clear… on 22:38 - Oct 25 with 3283 viewstextbackup

We went on a crazy run to over come sheff weds last season (with them falling apart) so we know it can happen.
But we aren’t here by luck, we are a well oiled machine

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

What is abundantly clear… on 22:39 - Oct 25 with 3254 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

It's Middlesbrough.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

What is abundantly clear… on 22:39 - Oct 25 with 3265 viewsIllinoisblue

What is abundantly clear… on 22:36 - Oct 25 by gainsboroughblue

WOTB is still comedy gold. We've just had a lucky run of fixtures apparently. The level of denial there is incredible. Absolutely desperate internetting.

Owlstalk is also fun tonight. 1 goal since August 27th. Genuinely impressive to be that bad.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What is abundantly clear… on 22:40 - Oct 25 with 3205 viewswkj

What is abundantly clear… on 22:39 - Oct 25 by Illinoisblue

Owlstalk is also fun tonight. 1 goal since August 27th. Genuinely impressive to be that bad.

Do they still think Luongo and George Hirst are bad?

Login to get fewer ads

What is abundantly clear… on 22:40 - Oct 25 with 3187 viewstractorboy1978

What is abundantly clear… on 22:37 - Oct 25 by wkj

What do you base that opinion on? Yes, our run is monstrous especially if you tack it on to the run we had last season - but I wouldn't consider much of our run this season is driven by luck. Yes, it's going to be hard to keep this form going, but I don't see any signs of that faltering. Also, keep in mind that GC20 strengthened in the Jan transfer window last season - if we're 2nd come Christmas you can't help but feel if McKenna wants something in January he's absolutely going to get it.

You seem to have the same opinion I do?!
What is abundantly clear… on 22:40 - Oct 25 with 3179 viewshomer_123

What is abundantly clear… on 22:37 - Oct 25 by Dubtractor

The thing about the Championship is that teams rarely go on really long runs like we have - inconsistency is king - hence we've just missed a game out of the last 2 but still increased our gap to third!

Yet 2 are doing so right now...

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

What is abundantly clear… on 22:41 - Oct 25 with 3136 viewsDubtractor

What is abundantly clear… on 22:40 - Oct 25 by homer_123

Yet 2 are doing so right now...

Well yes, and breaking all kind of records in the process. Which is the point - it really isn't normal.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

What is abundantly clear… on 22:42 - Oct 25 with 3118 viewswkj

What is abundantly clear… on 22:40 - Oct 25 by tractorboy1978

I misread your opening sentences. I saw "We aren't going anywhere" and read it to mean we're not going up. Many apologies

What is abundantly clear… on 22:43 - Oct 25 with 3084 viewswkj

What is abundantly clear… on 22:41 - Oct 25 by Dubtractor

Well yes, and breaking all kind of records in the process. Which is the point - it really isn't normal.

We have to be humble though, would we be able to be this competitive in the league without all the dosh we're getting from parachute payments?

What is abundantly clear… on 22:43 - Oct 25 with 3091 viewsArnieM

I’m in dreamland with our club this season…. Keep hearing all the plaudits and frankly waiting for that bubble to burst …. It will at some point I suppose. Don’t want it to, but trying to keep feet on the ground. I also keep reminding myself of Sheffield Weds last season snd the ridiculous lead they had … snd look what happened there. So I’m trying to keep a lid on things personally. Bug I’m loving THE GAP 🥳👍

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

What is abundantly clear… on 22:43 - Oct 25 with 3075 viewsVegtablue

What is abundantly clear… on 22:40 - Oct 25 by tractorboy1978

I thought your posts were quite closely aligned. 😂

Perhaps it's the assertion we won't continue winning 10 every 12.

Edit: cleared up before my post!
[Post edited 25 Oct 2023 22:44]
What is abundantly clear… on 22:45 - Oct 25 with 3015 viewshomer_123

What is abundantly clear… on 22:43 - Oct 25 by ArnieM

I’m in dreamland with our club this season…. Keep hearing all the plaudits and frankly waiting for that bubble to burst …. It will at some point I suppose. Don’t want it to, but trying to keep feet on the ground. I also keep reminding myself of Sheffield Weds last season snd the ridiculous lead they had … snd look what happened there. So I’m trying to keep a lid on things personally. Bug I’m loving THE GAP 🥳👍

Surely you've been like that since our run last season?

What is abundantly clear… on 22:51 - Oct 25 with 2872 viewsLankHenners

Anywhere I see a comment from a Leeds fan they seem convinced they're going to keep pace, points-wise, with Leicester and the pair of them will run away with the league, so quite funny to see the result tonight.

They'll definitely be right up there though, Southampton seem to have spluttered into life a little bit but still don't look as good as they'd want to be and 'Boro seem to have got their act together, although the underlying stats will tell you they were very unlucky to have the start that they did. Sunderland have that thing of always looking dangerous even in games they're generally 2nd best in.

Really though, as you allude to, we've had such a crazy start that we can regress to doing what all those teams are doing (i.e., win 2 or 3, draw a couple, lose a couple but still pick up a good amount of points at a steady rate) and still keep them at arm's length.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

What is abundantly clear… on 22:54 - Oct 25 with 2800 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

What is abundantly clear… on 22:39 - Oct 25 by Illinoisblue

If you fancy a laugh, check out Plymouth’s second goal - comically bad defending 🤡
What is abundantly clear… on 22:54 - Oct 25 with 2784 viewsArnieM

What is abundantly clear… on 22:45 - Oct 25 by homer_123

Surely you've been like that since our run last season?

And?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

What is abundantly clear… on 22:57 - Oct 25 with 2716 viewshomer_123

What is abundantly clear… on 22:54 - Oct 25 by ArnieM

And?

Just that, surely, it isn't just this season?

Our run to promotion was unreal.

What is abundantly clear… on 23:45 - Oct 25 with 2393 viewsBlueBadger

As others have pointed out, we haven't beaten anyone above us in the table for quite some time now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What is abundantly clear… on 03:54 - Oct 26 with 2120 viewsIllinoisblue

My favourite comment was the one budgie saying we had “nowhere near 3,000 fans at Bristol” and there were loads of gaps. Official away attendance: 2,994. He could have used the fingers on one hand to get to 3,000.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What is abundantly clear… on 09:01 - Oct 26 with 1565 viewstractorboy1978

What is abundantly clear… on 22:51 - Oct 25 by LankHenners

Anywhere I see a comment from a Leeds fan they seem convinced they're going to keep pace, points-wise, with Leicester and the pair of them will run away with the league, so quite funny to see the result tonight.

They'll definitely be right up there though, Southampton seem to have spluttered into life a little bit but still don't look as good as they'd want to be and 'Boro seem to have got their act together, although the underlying stats will tell you they were very unlucky to have the start that they did. Sunderland have that thing of always looking dangerous even in games they're generally 2nd best in.

Really though, as you allude to, we've had such a crazy start that we can regress to doing what all those teams are doing (i.e., win 2 or 3, draw a couple, lose a couple but still pick up a good amount of points at a steady rate) and still keep them at arm's length.

Sunderland look like a team that are going to lose as many as they win at the moment. Granted they are a very capable side on their day.

It feels inconceivable to me that a team that has won 23 of their last 27 games (only losing once) is suddenly going to go on a silly bad run. We are too good and too well coached.
What is abundantly clear… on 09:14 - Oct 26 with 1501 viewsMK1

What is abundantly clear… on 22:37 - Oct 25 by Dubtractor

Anyone can beat anyone in this league. Our dip will come, but hopefully it will be short and we have a cushion already. Top 6 looking like a real possibility, which I guess most would have though a tough ask at the start of the season. Truly amazing.
What is abundantly clear… on 09:24 - Oct 26 with 1455 viewshype313

What is abundantly clear… on 22:41 - Oct 25 by Dubtractor

The issue will be if we lose Morsy, Luongo and Burgess in January, that could derail things.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024