Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So if Poch leaves Chelsea 15:37 - Sep 24 with 5236 viewsKeno

McK wouldn’t would he?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 15:49 - Sep 24 with 3971 viewsthatbdude

Don't think McKenna would want to downgrade

Poll: Who going down?

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 16:34 - Sep 24 with 3783 viewsWeWereZombies

Is Pochettino really in danger of being sacked this early in the season ? And would McKenna look at what that job has done to Graham Potter's stock and give it a wide berth ? I think the answer to the second question is 'yes' as Chelsea these days are not in the same league (in a manner of speech, I know they actually are in the same league...), McKenna is going to wait for the Manchester United job and might put up with Arsenal or Manchester City, Celtic or Baecelona even -but that is as low as he will go.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 16:36 - Sep 24 with 3759 viewsKeno

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 16:34 - Sep 24 by WeWereZombies

Is Pochettino really in danger of being sacked this early in the season ? And would McKenna look at what that job has done to Graham Potter's stock and give it a wide berth ? I think the answer to the second question is 'yes' as Chelsea these days are not in the same league (in a manner of speech, I know they actually are in the same league...), McKenna is going to wait for the Manchester United job and might put up with Arsenal or Manchester City, Celtic or Baecelona even -but that is as low as he will go.

Played 6 only won one! So with Chelsea you never know

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 16:38 - Sep 24 with 3743 viewsjp_itfc

I can see them going after De Zerbi if Poch is sacked. I could then see Brighton coming in for Mck.
So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 16:44 - Sep 24 with 3691 viewsbluelagos

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 16:38 - Sep 24 by jp_itfc

I can see them going after De Zerbi if Poch is sacked. I could then see Brighton coming in for Mck.

Yep, but I think there's a way to go yet.

I don't see anyone in a relegation fight sacking a manager and appointing KM (Like an Everton). Or a Chelsea/Newcastle thinking he's got the experience for them.

Your scenario is far more likely - so fingers crossed it doesn't happen.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 16:50 - Sep 24 with 3641 viewsChurchman

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 16:36 - Sep 24 by Keno

Played 6 only won one! So with Chelsea you never know

No, you never know with that lot but the owner spent a long time getting Pochettino in and I cannot see them booting him out for a long time yet.
So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 16:52 - Sep 24 with 3629 viewsnrb1985

To a certain extent Chelsea already went down this road with Potter which was absurd to begin with. I doubt they’ll be in a rush to put another “green” coach in charge of a seasoned group of internationals like Thiago Silva and Reece James again.

Unfortunately, no matter how good the coach is, you need someone with gravitas and clout to manage teams and egos like Chelsea. And KM doesn’t have that - yet.

I agree with the below though re De Zerbi, if when he moves on I think that could be a good fit for KM and Brighton.
So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 16:54 - Sep 24 with 3618 viewsRedX

I’d be more worried Brighton might show an interest in McKenna if Chelsea cast their eyes on De Zerbi.
Login to get fewer ads

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 17:01 - Sep 24 with 3543 viewsitfc_bucks

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 16:52 - Sep 24 by nrb1985

To a certain extent Chelsea already went down this road with Potter which was absurd to begin with. I doubt they’ll be in a rush to put another “green” coach in charge of a seasoned group of internationals like Thiago Silva and Reece James again.

Unfortunately, no matter how good the coach is, you need someone with gravitas and clout to manage teams and egos like Chelsea. And KM doesn’t have that - yet.

I agree with the below though re De Zerbi, if when he moves on I think that could be a good fit for KM and Brighton.

Seasoned internationals?

Thiago Silva, yes.

Reece James?

Edit - 12 caps. Weirdly, his England profile page has him listed at 5ft 12. So 6ft then???

https://www.englandfootball.com/england/mens-senior-team/squad/reece-james
[Post edited 24 Sep 2023 17:02]
So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 17:11 - Sep 24 with 3469 viewsnrb1985

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 17:01 - Sep 24 by itfc_bucks

Seasoned internationals?

Thiago Silva, yes.

Reece James?

Edit - 12 caps. Weirdly, his England profile page has him listed at 5ft 12. So 6ft then???

https://www.englandfootball.com/england/mens-senior-team/squad/reece-james
[Post edited 24 Sep 2023 17:02]

Let’s not split hairs here.

That Chelsea squad when Potter came in had Jorginho, Mount, Kante, Kovacic, Chillwell etc etc etc etc…

Point is, none of those players were ever going to pay much attention to a bloke who had managed Swansea and Brighton and never won anything. And as much as I LOVE KM, and I do, they aren’t likely to buy into the ideas of a coach whose sole achievement (for now) is a promotion from league one either.
So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 17:26 - Sep 24 with 3398 viewsgainsboroughblue

Given the average managerial turnover of the Prem, we could be anxiously fearing approaches around a dozen times this season.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 17:28 - Sep 24 with 3372 viewsMK1

He might be tempted, but they wouldn't.
So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 17:32 - Sep 24 with 3345 viewspointofblue

McKenna would be insane if he took the Chelsea job - as would De Zerbi. Needs to be a manager with enough clout to call Boehly out and say they need full control of transfer policy. Even during the summer it seemed to lack direction or purpose.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 17:33 - Sep 24 with 3340 viewschicoazul

Conte.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 17:33 - Sep 24 with 3344 viewsMattinLondon

No.
KM is an intelligent man and he knows that currently the club matches his ambitions. He knows that whilst here he can make mistakes and learn from them in a way that he wouldn’t be able to whilst at a PL club.

Plus, he has a young family and uprooting again will probably not be great.
So if Poch leaves Chelsea l on 17:36 - Sep 24 with 3330 viewsJon_456

Do people actually believe clubs like Chelsea and Man Utd would appoint KM?

As much as we appreciate him here, to most outsiders all he’s done so far is won promotion with a team that should have won the league.

Fortunately I think we’re in a position where the only clubs that would tempt him away, wouldn’t be interested in him. And clubs that would be interested, wouldn’t be a big enough job for him to leave.
So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 17:47 - Sep 24 with 3256 viewsWeWereZombies

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 17:11 - Sep 24 by nrb1985

Let’s not split hairs here.

That Chelsea squad when Potter came in had Jorginho, Mount, Kante, Kovacic, Chillwell etc etc etc etc…

Point is, none of those players were ever going to pay much attention to a bloke who had managed Swansea and Brighton and never won anything. And as much as I LOVE KM, and I do, they aren’t likely to buy into the ideas of a coach whose sole achievement (for now) is a promotion from league one either.

To turn this on its head - what big egos and troubled childs could Ipswich attract,should we be promoted, to retain McKenna by giving himself something to prove his management worth eventually to Manchester United ?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Sheff Utd might have a sniff. (n/t) on 17:55 - Sep 24 with 3211 viewsBloots

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and tremendously exquisite.

Sheff Utd might have a sniff. (n/t) on 18:01 - Sep 24 with 3182 viewsMK1

Sheff Utd might have a sniff. (n/t) on 17:55 - Sep 24 by Bloots

Warnock could go back there.
Sheff Utd might have a sniff. (n/t) on 18:12 - Sep 24 with 3139 viewsPhilTWTD

Sheff Utd might have a sniff. (n/t) on 18:01 - Sep 24 by MK1

Warnock could go back there.

There was talk of Chris Wilder going back there among the Sheffield journos last week.
Keiran criteria for leaving… and it’s not yet on 18:26 - Sep 24 with 3047 viewsunstableblue

1) get young family settled into local schools and enjoy Suffolk for a period
2) complete this phase of Ipswich project - training ground, top squad, Premiership promotion
3) achieve Ramsey, Robson, Burley level of status of Ipswich managers
4) prove myself in one season in Premiership
5) turn round one blip in form
6) go to club with 50k+ stadium
7) go to club with more vociferous fan base than Town
8) go to club with real Champions League potential
9) go to club with stable ownership and management structure

Thoughts? He could potentially go and manage Spurs and stay mainly living in Suffolk

But the above criteria rules out the likes of Brighton. And Man U and Chelsea would be ruled out by state of club management and ownership.

I’m convinced we’ll see him here for this season and maybe two more at least.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 18:32 - Sep 24 with 2995 viewsTheBoyBlue

McKenna is a clever man. There's no way he would go anywhere near that basket case of a club.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 18:42 - Sep 24 with 2925 viewstractordownsouth

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 16:38 - Sep 24 by jp_itfc

Why leave one of the best run clubs in the country who are now competing for the top six for one in mid table with an imbalanced squad, no European football and a crazy owner?

De Zerbi would be crazy to make that move.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 18:48 - Sep 24 with 2888 viewsLankHenners

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 18:42 - Sep 24 by tractordownsouth

Why leave one of the best run clubs in the country who are now competing for the top six for one in mid table with an imbalanced squad, no European football and a crazy owner?

Chelsea are probably sick to the teeth of dealing with Brighton now anyway.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 18:57 - Sep 24 with 2841 viewstractorboy1978

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 18:42 - Sep 24 by tractordownsouth

If I was De Zerbi, I would be biding my time until Pep decides he's had enough at City because I think he'd be a natural successor. I'd actually see him as similar to McKenna in the sense he's onto a really good thing at a really well run club and he can afford to be picky about his next step.

Chelsea are a real sh!tshow. I've never seen a club spend so much money on so much tripe. If you were to put together a combined 11 from Chelsea, Villa, Brighton and Newcastle, other than James (who is never fit) you would struggle to make a case for any Chelsea player being in it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024