Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So if Poch leaves Chelsea 15:37 - Sep 24 with 5407 viewsKeno

McK wouldn’t would he?

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 19:10 - Sep 24 with 1276 viewsibbleobble

Is that a typo? MicK definitely would.
So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 19:30 - Sep 24 with 1247 viewstractordownsouth

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 18:57 - Sep 24 by tractorboy1978

If I was De Zerbi, I would be biding my time until Pep decides he's had enough at City because I think he'd be a natural successor. I'd actually see him as similar to McKenna in the sense he's onto a really good thing at a really well run club and he can afford to be picky about his next step.

Chelsea are a real sh!tshow. I've never seen a club spend so much money on so much tripe. If you were to put together a combined 11 from Chelsea, Villa, Brighton and Newcastle, other than James (who is never fit) you would struggle to make a case for any Chelsea player being in it.

Yeah if he keeps Brighton in the top 6 he'll be in the conversation for the City role.

Agree with the McKenna comparisons as well, there are lots of tactical similarities between the two.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 19:34 - Sep 24 with 1242 viewsKeno

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 17:33 - Sep 24 by chicoazul

Conte.

I thought you liked me and you go and call me that!!

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 19:43 - Sep 24 with 1227 viewspointofblue

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 18:57 - Sep 24 by tractorboy1978

If I was De Zerbi, I would be biding my time until Pep decides he's had enough at City because I think he'd be a natural successor. I'd actually see him as similar to McKenna in the sense he's onto a really good thing at a really well run club and he can afford to be picky about his next step.

Chelsea are a real sh!tshow. I've never seen a club spend so much money on so much tripe. If you were to put together a combined 11 from Chelsea, Villa, Brighton and Newcastle, other than James (who is never fit) you would struggle to make a case for any Chelsea player being in it.

As long as he gets some trophies behind him, I suspect it could be Arteta to City and De Zerbi possibly to Arsenal.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 11:45 - Sep 28 with 1071 viewsnrb1985

Worth noting De Zerbi is now linked with Real Madrid today...
So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 11:50 - Sep 28 with 1041 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Chelsea's owner is an absolute lunatic. Unless you want a lot of money for a few months work, there is no reason to go to Chelsea these days.
So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 12:34 - Sep 28 with 979 viewsArnoldMoorhen

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 19:43 - Sep 24 by pointofblue

As long as he gets some trophies behind him, I suspect it could be Arteta to City and De Zerbi possibly to Arsenal.

I think McKenna is a good fit for Asenal when Arteta moves on, if he achieves Promotion and Consolidation in the Premier League with Ipswich (which is a whole lot of chickens not yet hatched to be counting).

Arsenal are a big club with relatively unhysterical owners, who focus on youth and player development, progressiv3 football, and who have potential for more success than they have achieved since Wenger left.
So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 12:41 - Sep 28 with 971 viewsnrb1985

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 12:34 - Sep 28 by ArnoldMoorhen

I think McKenna is a good fit for Asenal when Arteta moves on, if he achieves Promotion and Consolidation in the Premier League with Ipswich (which is a whole lot of chickens not yet hatched to be counting).

Arsenal are a big club with relatively unhysterical owners, who focus on youth and player development, progressiv3 football, and who have potential for more success than they have achieved since Wenger left.

I don't disagree but it just wouldn't work. Needs to be a stop gap in between.

Nobody at Chelsea or Man United took Potter nor Moyes seriously respectively. I just don't think it works putting a "smaller" coach into a big team unless it's someone whose had a very illustrious playing career like Zidane or Pep.
Login to get fewer ads

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 12:51 - Sep 28 with 958 viewsElephantintheRoom

He’s on his way to Southampton or Leeds - whoever sacks their manager first before the end of October

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 15:43 - Sep 28 with 892 viewsHighgateBlue

So if Poch leaves Chelsea on 16:38 - Sep 24 by jp_itfc

I can see them going after De Zerbi if Poch is sacked. I could then see Brighton coming in for Mck.

Ahh, now that's a scenario I hadn't thought of. Possible I guess, but would De Zerbi really want the Chelsea job when (a) it's exactly the same journey that ruined Potter, (b) Chelsea have done even worse since Potter's ill fated time there, and (c) Chelsea are so much lower than Brighton in the table it's a joke. I'd take more satisfaction from getting Brighton into the UEFA Cup or possibly even Champions League than getting Chelsea into the UEFA Cup. And it's such a basketcase right now in terms of the ownership that there's no guarantee of any success whatsoever. If you ignore the Abramovich era Chelsea haven't won the title since before we have. And the Abramovich regime is not around any longer. Money alone, particularly when coupled with a slightly mad, interfering, not football savvy owner, is not enough.

If he were getting Luton type money then fine, but I'm sure that Brighton type money is a lot more than that, and if he really was just motivated by cash he could pop to Saudi whenever he wanted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024