Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Went with a neutral mate last night - The Wolf 10:28 - Sep 20 with 3594 viewsunstableblue

(Yes another mate)

Lives locally and joined me for game and some pre-match beers

Took me to one of the roughest pubs I can remember in St Mary’s, which is a rough area. Ska DJ, saints pub, open drug taking… hammered people. Full on!

Maté seriously got into the blue army support, singing and game… not always the case when you take a neutral.

I really rated the away support and end, good variety of songs. Wish we’d drop the Delia dirge.

Anyway to the point - friend was seriously impressed by Wolfenden. Yes we both loved Hutchison, who sort of came of age. But our young homegrown player shone through.

Mate would pick out every time Wolfenden did something of merit and it was many.

One where he won the balls then glided across the pitch and through the lines.

He’s doing very well in the Championship.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Went with a neutral mate last night - The Wolf on 10:46 - Sep 20 with 3409 viewsHighgateBlue

Quality player thriving under a quality coach, in a league which rewards quality a little more than L****e One did.

But please don't convert neutrals to Town's cause - it's hard enough to get tickets as it is! ;)
Went with a neutral mate last night - The Wolf on 10:48 - Sep 20 with 3390 views_clive_baker_

MOTM last night, no question.
Went with a neutral mate last night - The Wolf on 10:52 - Sep 20 with 3362 viewsCobboldCrusty

Was more evident than ever last night that we really only resort to the Delia crap when everyone is feeling tense.

It's misogyny, call it what it is.

Anyone else bored of it?
Went with a neutral mate last night - The Wolf on 10:59 - Sep 20 with 3292 viewsSomethingBlue

Yes, he was outstanding. Some of his passing angles were a sight to behold too. Looks a really, really good player at this level and one who will definitely be attracting attention.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Went with a neutral mate last night - The Wolf on 11:18 - Sep 20 with 3136 viewsunstableblue

Went with a neutral mate last night - The Wolf on 10:52 - Sep 20 by CobboldCrusty

Was more evident than ever last night that we really only resort to the Delia crap when everyone is feeling tense.

Anyone else bored of it?

It's just an awful song on every level.

Whereas 'Massimo... ah-hah' was quality and getting a lot airings when he came on for Taylor.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Went with a neutral mate last night - The Wolf on 11:36 - Sep 20 with 3027 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Thought him and Burgess were immense.

Still feel like Woolfy is massively underrated by some of our fans.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Went with a neutral mate last night - The Wolf on 14:09 - Sep 20 with 2554 viewsbilllm

Went with a neutral mate last night - The Wolf on 10:48 - Sep 20 by _clive_baker_

MOTM last night, no question.

I actually thought that but apart from you no one has mentioned him,
Went with a neutral mate last night - The Wolf on 14:14 - Sep 20 with 2527 views_clive_baker_

Went with a neutral mate last night - The Wolf on 14:09 - Sep 20 by billlm

I actually thought that but apart from you no one has mentioned him,

Hutchinson will get the headlines, and good on him, he was on fire from about 15 - 60 minutes before running out of juice and of course scored the winner. Also forwards always hog the limelight don't they, but I thought Woolfenden was absolute exceptional from the first minute to the last. He set the tone very early, won so many of those balls into our box, good on the ball, he was faultless really. Also worth remembering he was tasked with keeping Che Adams quiet who has spent the last few years scoring goals in the Premier League.
Login to get fewer ads

Went with a neutral mate last night - The Wolf on 14:46 - Sep 20 with 2402 viewsjayessess

Went with a neutral mate last night - The Wolf on 11:36 - Sep 20 by TRUE_BLUE123

Thought him and Burgess were immense.

Still feel like Woolfy is massively underrated by some of our fans.

I think he's underrated more generally too, not one you hear getting bigged up by EFL pundits or linked with big moves.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Went with a neutral mate last night - The Wolf on 17:15 - Sep 20 with 2210 viewsNutkins_Return

Sounds a cracking night!

Woolf is doing really well. He has the talent he needs to keep striving and maintaining his standards and momentum. He can go far!

When Axel is fully fit his position is at risk. Burgess is playing so well and Axel is better suited to Woolf's side. This is great for Ipswich and for Woolf hopefully as get the impression he needs to be pushed.
Went with a neutral mate last night - The Wolf on 17:21 - Sep 20 with 2184 viewsSwansea_Blue

He must be enjoying playing alongside Woolfenden

A Rolls Royce of a player, and doesn't mind getting stuck in too. He's doing very well, as expected really. Him and Burgess is the sort of partnership that's good enough for a promotion chasing team. I don't want to tempt fate though and it could easily change if one or the other picks up a knock. We don't have a lot of quality in depth there.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Went with a neutral mate last night - The Wolf on 19:45 - Sep 20 with 1888 viewsHogger

Went with a neutral mate last night - The Wolf on 10:52 - Sep 20 by CobboldCrusty

Anyone else bored of it?

Yes, hate it
Went with a neutral mate last night - The Wolf on 20:00 - Sep 20 with 1830 viewsArnieM

Went with a neutral mate last night - The Wolf on 19:45 - Sep 20 by Hogger

Yes, hate it

I also hate the arrogant, juvenile “ you’ve seen the ipswich , now f xxk off home”. It’s pathetic and makes us look a tin pot club.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Went with a neutral mate last night - The Wolf on 20:36 - Sep 20 with 1713 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Went with a neutral mate last night - The Wolf on 11:18 - Sep 20 by unstableblue

It's just an awful song on every level.

Whereas 'Massimo... ah-hah' was quality and getting a lot airings when he came on for Taylor.

The massimo chant is great but why why why do we have to speed it up and sing it too quickly!!

Sluuuw Dowwwen.
Went with a neutral mate last night - The Wolf on 20:53 - Sep 20 with 1670 viewsHerbivore

Not saying I think it will happen for certain, but I wouldn't be surprised if Woolfenden played for England at some point. Some of our fans massively underestimate just how good he can be. Last night, as well as the defensive stuff which he handled brilliantly, the number of times he tamed a difficult ball and kept us in possession on the front foot was very impressive.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024