Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cole Skuse is a joy... 10:54 - Aug 3 with 3863 viewswkj

Only now catching up on Life's a Pitch TV - It is incredible to hear about Skuses' affinity towards the club and to see he's genuinely invested in the success of the team. I am paraphrasing by saying this, but he does seem to suggest that GC20's improvements behind the scenes have been massive.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 11:05 - Aug 3 with 3191 viewsBasuco

I really enjoyed this one, Cole was second only to Phil's keepy-ups and bar work, looking forward to Chambo next up as well.
Cole Skuse is a joy... on 11:13 - Aug 3 with 3149 viewsemergencylime

Agreed, if his wider family are Bristol-based, to be persuaded to stay in the area and pursue management with Bury town is a choice that he would have considered carefully. He seems like a grounded, intelligent guy and speaks well about his time with Town and future plans.

Poll: Another Tragical Vegas poll. Would you rather?

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 11:14 - Aug 3 with 3144 viewswkj

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 11:05 - Aug 3 by Basuco

I really enjoyed this one, Cole was second only to Phil's keepy-ups and bar work, looking forward to Chambo next up as well.

I found it refreshing that he was very open with his interpretation of Paul Hirst at the time. He certainly didn't dispel suspicions that it was "Us vs Him" in the locker room.

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 11:18 - Aug 3 with 3107 viewsRadlett_blue

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 11:14 - Aug 3 by wkj

I found it refreshing that he was very open with his interpretation of Paul Hirst at the time. He certainly didn't dispel suspicions that it was "Us vs Him" in the locker room.

Hurst came at a time when many of us felt Town had become too cosy & needed a shake-up, but alienating most of the senior players, starting with Bart & Knudsen who had just come back from a World Cup, was naive in the extreme. Replacing them with a bunch of average League 1 players sealed his - and Town's - fate.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 11:19 - Aug 3 with 3095 viewsHipsterectomy

He also said his children are desperate to watch us all of the time

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 11:44 - Aug 3 with 2983 viewsSitfcB

Yeah but he’s a wànker etc cos he took us down innit. And he didn’t score 20 goals a season.

Really nice bloke and obviously loves Suffolk and ITFC.

Looking forward to the Chambers one tonight, another one that loves the club and the area.

On the show in general, if anyone hasn’t watched it yet then we’ll worth your time, a good couple of watches so far.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 11:47 - Aug 3 with 2961 viewswkj

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 11:44 - Aug 3 by SitfcB

Yeah but he’s a wànker etc cos he took us down innit. And he didn’t score 20 goals a season.

Really nice bloke and obviously loves Suffolk and ITFC.

Looking forward to the Chambers one tonight, another one that loves the club and the area.

On the show in general, if anyone hasn’t watched it yet then we’ll worth your time, a good couple of watches so far.

At the end he seemed to confirmed what a lot of us thought on here that the medical department were understaffed and they were aware they often punched above their weight. Whilst Chambers and Skuse may never have been what we wanted as far as the resources we had, they were exactly what we needed in order to not collapse sooner.

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 11:51 - Aug 3 with 2924 viewsHerbivore

Skuse was a great servant for the club on and off the pitch. Hard to see how anyone could wish him anything other than all the best with his future career in football. He was an intelligent player and it'll be interesting to see how that translates into his career as a coach and manager.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 11:55 - Aug 3 with 2906 viewsKeno

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 11:51 - Aug 3 by Herbivore

Skuse was a great servant for the club on and off the pitch. Hard to see how anyone could wish him anything other than all the best with his future career in football. He was an intelligent player and it'll be interesting to see how that translates into his career as a coach and manager.

watching that I did wonder if he could be an Future Ipswich Manager

Came across as a nice guy with an obviously love of Town

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 11:58 - Aug 3 with 2907 viewsSharkey

I enjoyed the whole show a lot, with the slight exception of Terry Butcher's gratuitous anti-Celtic jibe. In fact once or twice I thought Butcher butted in when I'd rather have heard Skuse. Not sure it was Butcher, but I was a bit disappointed that Skuse got cut off slightly before he could say much about any managers other than McCarthy.

I'm pleased that Skuse seemed to feel that Colchester actually made a good call when not offering him a new contract. (As I said in another thread, all the traveling must really be wearying, even if the actual training and playing is OK.)

Skuse's accent seems more Suffolk than Bristol these days.

Interesting that he reiterated that McKenna has the players in for training far more than is typical. Given that Town also travel a lot further than, say, Stoke, it must mean that the players have a much longer working week than at some other clubs.

So who'd have guessed Butcher's most difficult opponent was Steve Hodge?!
Cole Skuse is a joy... on 12:03 - Aug 3 with 2875 viewswkj

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 11:55 - Aug 3 by Keno

watching that I did wonder if he could be an Future Ipswich Manager

Came across as a nice guy with an obviously love of Town

I'm not so sure - I was left with the impression he might well not fancy managing in the professional league and is simple 'giving it a go' at Bury - I could be wrong.

@Sharkey

RE: Training. I wouldn't be surprised if there is an 'elite' style of training program he's instilled at ITFC given that's always been what he's known. He certainly seems to value off-the-ball training as much as on-the-ball, so, I am sure its all very valuable stuff vs someone like Hurst who might just have 'em run more laps because of punishment.

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 12:10 - Aug 3 with 2830 viewsitfcjoe

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 12:03 - Aug 3 by wkj

I'm not so sure - I was left with the impression he might well not fancy managing in the professional league and is simple 'giving it a go' at Bury - I could be wrong.

@Sharkey

RE: Training. I wouldn't be surprised if there is an 'elite' style of training program he's instilled at ITFC given that's always been what he's known. He certainly seems to value off-the-ball training as much as on-the-ball, so, I am sure its all very valuable stuff vs someone like Hurst who might just have 'em run more laps because of punishment.

I think it is more that there is a lot of 'classroom work' now, so they days are long because players are involved in that plus more stregth and conditioning work - the sessions are not longer on the grass

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 12:16 - Aug 3 with 2776 viewsSharkey

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 12:03 - Aug 3 by wkj

@Sharkey

I think all are agreed that the content of the sessions is high, but Skuse seemed to be talking about the sheer length of the training sessions. I don't know if typically PL clubs train for longer than say L2 clubs. (If anything, I'd have guess the reverse.)
Cole Skuse is a joy... on 12:19 - Aug 3 with 2758 viewsBluespeed225

Also spoke of how he had boarded some young players coming to Town, think Chambers did the same? That's above their remit, and so shows what good people they are. Skuse was tactful about what he said about previous management, Chambers might not be so!
Cole Skuse is a joy... on 14:44 - Aug 3 with 2455 viewsBrads

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 12:19 - Aug 3 by Bluespeed225

Also spoke of how he had boarded some young players coming to Town, think Chambers did the same? That's above their remit, and so shows what good people they are. Skuse was tactful about what he said about previous management, Chambers might not be so!

I don’t disagree but they get paid for doing it. Club advertises for host families every year.
Cole Skuse is a joy... on 14:44 - Aug 3 with 2453 viewsbluelou

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 11:58 - Aug 3 by Sharkey

I enjoyed the whole show a lot, with the slight exception of Terry Butcher's gratuitous anti-Celtic jibe. In fact once or twice I thought Butcher butted in when I'd rather have heard Skuse. Not sure it was Butcher, but I was a bit disappointed that Skuse got cut off slightly before he could say much about any managers other than McCarthy.

I'm pleased that Skuse seemed to feel that Colchester actually made a good call when not offering him a new contract. (As I said in another thread, all the traveling must really be wearying, even if the actual training and playing is OK.)

Interesting that he reiterated that McKenna has the players in for training far more than is typical. Given that Town also travel a lot further than, say, Stoke, it must mean that the players have a much longer working week than at some other clubs.

err have you met Terry Butcher?

Man hates Maradona, Celtic, then a long long long way after that Norwich. :)

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 14:59 - Aug 3 with 2354 viewsStenvict

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 11:51 - Aug 3 by Herbivore

Mack will be along in a bit to say how Skuse and Chambers downed tools because they hate the club.

Skuse is a bloody good liar, and I have a funny feeling Chambers will be just as good a liar after watching the next episode.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 15:44 - Aug 3 with 2220 viewskeighleyblue

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 11:18 - Aug 3 by Radlett_blue

Hurst came at a time when many of us felt Town had become too cosy & needed a shake-up, but alienating most of the senior players, starting with Bart & Knudsen who had just come back from a World Cup, was naive in the extreme. Replacing them with a bunch of average League 1 players sealed his - and Town's - fate.

I'm sure Kayden thanks you for your opinion.
Cole Skuse is a joy... on 16:01 - Aug 3 with 2145 viewsbluelou

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 15:44 - Aug 3 by keighleyblue

and JD...but other than that we get the sentiment

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 16:22 - Aug 3 with 2080 viewswkj

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 15:44 - Aug 3 by keighleyblue

Kayden and JD have both come a LONG way since then, but they were honestly nowhere close to championship calibre when they arrived.

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 16:32 - Aug 3 with 2056 viewsitfcjoe

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 16:22 - Aug 3 by wkj

Kayden and JD have both come a LONG way since then, but they were honestly nowhere close to championship calibre when they arrived.

There probably is an argument that they still aren't Championship starting quality, with 4 years of development under their belt

Bearing in mind when we signed them we'd just finished 12th in the league and that was our 4th out 5 seasons in top half.....would any top half side be signing them now?

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 16:46 - Aug 3 with 2005 viewswkj

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 16:32 - Aug 3 by itfcjoe

There probably is an argument that they still aren't Championship starting quality, with 4 years of development under their belt

Bearing in mind when we signed them we'd just finished 12th in the league and that was our 4th out 5 seasons in top half.....would any top half side be signing them now?

Neither one would be my chosen starter but I think KJ can easily close out games when needed. JD on the other hand? I've learned to never bet against him now.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2023 16:53]

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 17:57 - Aug 3 with 1836 viewsitfcjoe

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 16:46 - Aug 3 by wkj

Neither one would be my chosen starter but I think KJ can easily close out games when needed. JD on the other hand? I've learned to never bet against him now.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2023 16:53]

Jackson been a ‘good servant’ I rate him more highly than most - but incredible to think he is our most expensive signing since Grant Leadbitter joined us in 2009; and only GL, Lee Martin, Gareth McAuley and Tamas Priskin have cost more since we were relegated in 2002

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 18:21 - Aug 3 with 1789 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 17:57 - Aug 3 by itfcjoe

Jackson been a ‘good servant’ I rate him more highly than most - but incredible to think he is our most expensive signing since Grant Leadbitter joined us in 2009; and only GL, Lee Martin, Gareth McAuley and Tamas Priskin have cost more since we were relegated in 2002

Jeez - I didn’t realise he cost more than Leif and Broadhead. That’s insane!
Cole Skuse is a joy... on 18:33 - Aug 3 with 1754 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Cole Skuse is a joy... on 11:58 - Aug 3 by Sharkey

Surely Terry Butcher's and Steve Hodge's most difficult opponent was the one who ran them both ragged in Mexico in 1986, and then tango danced the ball into the net with one last shimmy of the hips around a prone Peter Shilton?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024