Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO those crying about having a new kit 13:19 - Jun 30 with 1577 viewsFlorianFletcher

every season as opposed to every other season.

Nobody is forcing you to buy it, what's the problem?

Convinced those moaning are probably the same people who moaned about the pitch invasion, needing to sign up again for the new website, and basically anything else that happens at Town.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2023 13:23]

Poll: Thoughts on the away kit?

FAO those crying about having a new kit on 13:28 - Jun 30 with 1512 viewsdavblue

And when you potentially get impacted by the climate I suspect you will be moaning why didn’t we do more!
FAO those crying about having a new kit on 13:32 - Jun 30 with 1484 viewsthe_toff

If you bothered to read it properly you wouldn't need to post this bs
FAO those crying about having a new kit on 13:36 - Jun 30 with 1467 viewsFlorianFletcher

FAO those crying about having a new kit on 13:28 - Jun 30 by davblue

And when you potentially get impacted by the climate I suspect you will be moaning why didn’t we do more!

The other 91 clubs with the sole exception of Brentford are equally to blame, then.

Surely having the new kits made (by a UK-based manufacturer, I should add) will merely be a drop in the ocean in terms of environmental impact compared to, say, the disgraceful levels of pollution that global corporations are responsible for?

FAO those crying about having a new kit on 13:44 - Jun 30 with 1409 viewsSwansea_Blue

To be fair, some people get really excited by the annual kit launch:

When's the kit by FlorianFletcher 20 Jun 2023 21:56
I know we've had 400 of these posts already but I'm just gagging for the kit to be released tbh

Got a sneaky feeling it could be a really classic one

Would also quite like us to bring back hooped socks

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

FAO those crying about having a new kit on 13:46 - Jun 30 with 1397 viewsthe_toff

FAO those crying about having a new kit on 13:36 - Jun 30 by FlorianFletcher

The other 91 clubs with the sole exception of Brentford are equally to blame, then.

Surely having the new kits made (by a UK-based manufacturer, I should add) will merely be a drop in the ocean in terms of environmental impact compared to, say, the disgraceful levels of pollution that global corporations are responsible for?

You could say that about many things. Why get rid of single use plastic straws when we still have climate change? On that basis nobody should be in favour of any progressive change, because it alone won't move the needle. In time though, all the relatively small changes can equate to a more sustainable society.

The fashion industry accounts for 10% of all global pollution. Of course football club shirts are only a fraction of it, but sometimes you have to be the change you want to see and if more clubs took the approach it would push others to do the same. Football's a global language as well, clubs are very prominent, and the message that changes like that could send out would be far reaching.

Rather than pointing to the 'greed corporations are responsible for', maybe we should recognise that includes football clubs. They can all do better if we're serious about having a planet that future generations can continue to inhabit.
FAO those crying about having a new kit on 13:47 - Jun 30 with 1374 viewsNthQldITFC

Thanks for your sage advice. The tears are drying up now, ta.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

FAO those crying about having a new kit on 13:48 - Jun 30 with 1359 viewsFlorianFletcher

FAO those crying about having a new kit on 13:44 - Jun 30 by Swansea_Blue

To be fair, some people get really excited by the annual kit launch:

When's the kit by FlorianFletcher 20 Jun 2023 21:56
I know we've had 400 of these posts already but I'm just gagging for the kit to be released tbh

Got a sneaky feeling it could be a really classic one

Would also quite like us to bring back hooped socks

Is there a point you're supposed to be making here?

FAO those crying about having a new kit on 13:52 - Jun 30 with 1321 viewsZx1988

UK-based has nothing to do with it.

Umbro could be based at Portman Road and the kits would still be made in and shipped from Asia.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Login to get fewer ads

FAO those crying about having a new kit on 14:14 - Jun 30 with 1254 viewsHighgateBlue

People are asking legitimate questions (such as "should we have a new kit every year?") and giving legitimate opinions. Nobody is crying.

A pitch invasion is a criminal offence. It is legitimate to consider that one should not do it. It is similarly legitimate to think that it should not be a criminal offence. It is perfectly legitimate to express either view.

Please just allow people to put forward their views without being unnecessarily mean to them.
FAO those crying about having a new kit on 14:16 - Jun 30 with 1242 viewsFlorianFletcher

FAO those crying about having a new kit on 13:46 - Jun 30 by the_toff

You could say that about many things. Why get rid of single use plastic straws when we still have climate change? On that basis nobody should be in favour of any progressive change, because it alone won't move the needle. In time though, all the relatively small changes can equate to a more sustainable society.

The fashion industry accounts for 10% of all global pollution. Of course football club shirts are only a fraction of it, but sometimes you have to be the change you want to see and if more clubs took the approach it would push others to do the same. Football's a global language as well, clubs are very prominent, and the message that changes like that could send out would be far reaching.

Rather than pointing to the 'greed corporations are responsible for', maybe we should recognise that includes football clubs. They can all do better if we're serious about having a planet that future generations can continue to inhabit.

Fair point, and I'm obviously not saying that nobody should do anything to combat climate change.

But I would say that a few thousand football shirts will not really be a significant contributor to wrecking the environment.

It just feels like an excuse for the usual suspects to have a good moan, once again.

Mainly old blokes pining for a return to the 'good old days'

FAO those crying about having a new kit on 14:18 - Jun 30 with 1235 viewsFlorianFletcher

FAO those crying about having a new kit on 14:14 - Jun 30 by HighgateBlue

People are asking legitimate questions (such as "should we have a new kit every year?") and giving legitimate opinions. Nobody is crying.

A pitch invasion is a criminal offence. It is legitimate to consider that one should not do it. It is similarly legitimate to think that it should not be a criminal offence. It is perfectly legitimate to express either view.

Please just allow people to put forward their views without being unnecessarily mean to them.

Being mean? Behave, I haven't named anyone, nor have I said that people shouldn't be allowed to air their views.

People are obviously entitled to say what they want. I am entitled to disagree

FAO those crying about having a new kit on 18:29 - Jun 30 with 1076 viewsHighgateBlue

FAO those crying about having a new kit on 14:18 - Jun 30 by FlorianFletcher

Being mean? Behave, I haven't named anyone, nor have I said that people shouldn't be allowed to air their views.

People are obviously entitled to say what they want. I am entitled to disagree

Of course you're entitled to disagree, but why start a whole thread saying that people are crying, when nobody is crying? It's deliberately belittling people who are concerned about money.
FAO those crying about having a new kit on 19:47 - Jun 30 with 1029 viewsFlorianFletcher

FAO those crying about having a new kit on 18:29 - Jun 30 by HighgateBlue

Of course you're entitled to disagree, but why start a whole thread saying that people are crying, when nobody is crying? It's deliberately belittling people who are concerned about money.

I've seen a fair few people crying about it tbf

If you're concerned about money, just wait until end of season when it's cheaper surely? Or save up, or just don't buy one, nobody is forcing you
[Post edited 30 Jun 2023 19:47]

FAO those crying about having a new kit on 22:19 - Jun 30 with 885 viewsdavblue

Yep which is what I said essentially in the other thread all clubs across the globe should be more sensible in the current climate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024