Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent 20:24 - Jun 13 with 2558 viewsBlueySwede

I´ll start with... Kieffer Moore.
My opinion was probably influenced by others, but looked a bit like a donkey.
Has had a decent career, at a higher level than I expected him to.
Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent on 20:35 - Jun 13 with 2490 viewsbournemouthblue

On similar lines, we had the the right player at the wrong time and looked similarly average to Kieffer Moore despite having a decent track record

That man was Chris Wood

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent on 20:57 - Jun 13 with 2396 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Marlon Harewood
Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent on 21:13 - Jun 13 with 2311 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Damien Delaney. Still think he was winging it though.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent on 21:19 - Jun 13 with 2262 viewsCoastalblue

Chalobah, always thought he was a decent player but thought he'd end up at our (then) level

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent on 21:19 - Jun 13 with 2262 viewsNthQldITFC

Graham Harbey.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent on 21:30 - Jun 13 with 2227 viewsScuzzer

Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent on 21:19 - Jun 13 by NthQldITFC

Graham Harbey.

Nah..he was bad bad.

Established 1968

Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent on 21:37 - Jun 13 with 2199 viewsDubtractor

Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent on 21:13 - Jun 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

Damien Delaney. Still think he was winging it though.

He was really bloody poor here wasn't he? Genuinely bemused to see him go on and do so well.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent on 21:45 - Jun 13 with 2152 viewsLord_Lucan

Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent on 21:37 - Jun 13 by Dubtractor

He was really bloody poor here wasn't he? Genuinely bemused to see him go on and do so well.

I wasn't, I always thought he was a very good player but he was either played out of position or demoralised by his own fans.

I was pleased as punch when he won the play offs with Palace and even more chuffed after the game to see him break down with relief and delight.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent on 21:52 - Jun 13 with 2119 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent on 21:45 - Jun 13 by Lord_Lucan

I wasn't, I always thought he was a very good player but he was either played out of position or demoralised by his own fans.

I was pleased as punch when he won the play offs with Palace and even more chuffed after the game to see him break down with relief and delight.

Exactly. He and Gareth Macauley were excellent for us when played in the right position.
Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent on 21:53 - Jun 13 with 2109 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent on 20:35 - Jun 13 by bournemouthblue

On similar lines, we had the the right player at the wrong time and looked similarly average to Kieffer Moore despite having a decent track record

That man was Chris Wood

He wasn’t fit or rather we signed him so late that we didn’t give him a run at it to make a difference. Hirst in his first few games here this season reminded me of Wood - it takes time for players like that to make a major impact.
Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent on 22:35 - Jun 13 with 1961 viewsitfc_bucks

Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent on 21:37 - Jun 13 by Dubtractor

Did he ever make it to the states?
Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent on 22:42 - Jun 13 with 1931 viewsNthQldITFC

Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent on 21:30 - Jun 13 by Scuzzer

Nah..he was bad bad.

Oh sorry, the title was truncated to seven words on my little phone.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent on 22:51 - Jun 13 with 1904 viewsBlueBadger

Excellent centre half. Terrible left back.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent on 00:09 - Jun 14 with 1782 viewsMattinLondon

Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent on 22:35 - Jun 13 by itfc_bucks

Did he ever make it to the states?

Yeah, ten years later via Crystal Palace and Ireland.
Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent on 07:33 - Jun 14 with 1542 viewsChurchman

Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent on 21:45 - Jun 13 by Lord_Lucan

I thought Delaney was dreadful for us. There was no way he was going to go beyond L1 level. Poor player, get rid.

Errr wrong. He had a well earned smashing career.
Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent on 08:07 - Jun 14 with 1465 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Cam Burgess is one that I thought looked very average when we first signed him but has improved massively.
Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent on 08:57 - Jun 14 with 1368 viewsSteve_M

Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent on 21:53 - Jun 13 by PrideOfTheEast

He wasn’t fit or rather we signed him so late that we didn’t give him a run at it to make a difference. Hirst in his first few games here this season reminded me of Wood - it takes time for players like that to make a major impact.

Yes, just as Wood got fit and was looking really effective (he was a big part of our win at Watford for example) Leicester recalled him.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent on 09:05 - Jun 14 with 1343 viewsBlueBlood90

Jake Livermore and Andros Townsend.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent on 09:07 - Jun 14 with 1331 viewschicoazul

Leadbetter.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Players you thought were bad at Town but turned out to be decent on 10:56 - Jun 14 with 1176 viewsGarv

Criminally underrated.

Never a left back, but him and McAuley as a pair were as solid as almost anything we've had since.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024