Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban 21:08 - Jun 1 with 5633 viewsIllinoisblue

His behavior directly leads to this. And, amazing how Italian fans can riot and stab seemingly at will, and there are never any consequences.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 21:29 - Jun 1 with 4072 viewsgtsb1966

Yesterday's manager who has an ego that doesn't want to admit it. He's definitely finished now.
Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 21:29 - Jun 1 with 4069 viewsSwansea_Blue

There should be zero tolerance for this sort of crap. A year’s ban from European competition for the nation should be a good start.

He certainly had an interesting evening though. I thought he handled the sh*thousery well, as he could easily have gone off on one and handed out double the amount of cards. He was just about holding it together. He’s not the villain though. Roma should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute, both for during the match and afterwards if the rumours of Mourinho waiting in the car park for him are true.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 22:18 - Jun 1 with 3882 viewsBrads

Appalling. Did the ref genuinely have a bad game or was it purely down to classic Mourinho deflection?
Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 22:44 - Jun 1 with 3786 viewsberkstractorboy

Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 22:18 - Jun 1 by Brads

Appalling. Did the ref genuinely have a bad game or was it purely down to classic Mourinho deflection?

Personally thought he reffed the game OK. The trouble is the Roma coaching staff were so badly behaved Taylor had to try and police that (with Michael Oliver help) as much as on the field and the players didn't help.

If Roma had tried to play rather than concentrate on the moaning, diving and bench histrionics they could have won!

I guess the big decision they are unhappy about is the possible pen for handball. The arm was in a natural position by his side and hit his arm as the player trying to move arm behind himself. It did stop the ball going across but it was natural, could go either way for me. What Mourinho and Roma fans do ignore is he rightly used VAR to overturn a pen he had given against Roma so it works both ways.

Its classic Mourinho deflection, he didn't set out his team to attach Sevilla to win
Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 23:23 - Jun 1 with 3701 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 22:18 - Jun 1 by Brads

You decide. Didn’t even consult VAR.

Absolutely no excuse for Mourinho’s appalling behaviour though. Should get a lengthy ban imo.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2023 23:25]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 00:56 - Jun 2 with 3474 viewstextbackup

Did anyone, or anything, actually hit him?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 03:41 - Jun 2 with 3397 viewsIllinoisblue

Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 00:56 - Jun 2 by textbackup

His family had beer thrown at them as well as a table or chair, and generally look terrified. So there’s that.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 06:34 - Jun 2 with 3261 viewsHerbivore

Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 00:56 - Jun 2 by textbackup

Someone chucked a table at them, does it make much difference whether it hit or not?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 06:54 - Jun 2 with 3206 viewsFtnfwest

You’re not suggesting we refer it to VAR?
Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 07:47 - Jun 2 with 3090 viewsChurchman

Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 23:23 - Jun 1 by GlasgowBlue

Absolutely no excuse for Mourinho’s appalling behaviour though. Should get a lengthy ban imo.

Not seen it, but read what he did. I used to really like Mourinho. He always seemed measured and one step ahead of his opponents, but really seems to have lost it now. Strange bloke.
Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 07:54 - Jun 2 with 3071 viewsChrisd

Mourinho seems to be getting worse as he gets older. Simply no excuse for this behaviour, look at how the fans then reacted at the airport because of Mourinho’s antics towards Taylor. I was a fan of his, but this behaviour just isn’t acceptable and the authorities should clampdown on it and throw the book at him.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 08:06 - Jun 2 with 3017 viewsMetal_Hacker

Jose is not the man or manager he used to be. He'll use as many deflection tactics to re-write history to try and defend his "reputation" as in it wasn't his fault they lost the game and to that I think we all know differently.

Had they concentrated and out their efforts inti playing the game of football as opposed to the antics throughout the 2 hours of football there might have been a different result

Will anything come of this ? I pretty much doubt UEFA will do anything.He's guilty by association in my book but nothing will happen as ever

It's a shame he's tarnished his reputation as much as he has with this because he brought so much to the game over the years but he only has himself to blame regardless of how good the game was ref'd.

For me the game was ref'd as well as can be expected , in fact even better than most would have managed the game. The bloke's poor family walking through that airport made me feel sick watching their faces and him trying to protect and defend. If that were my family I'd be swinging for people

Its football ffs not thing more than

Poll: If it were one or the other

Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 08:09 - Jun 2 with 3007 viewsTractorWood

Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 22:44 - Jun 1 by berkstractorboy

Personally thought he reffed the game OK. The trouble is the Roma coaching staff were so badly behaved Taylor had to try and police that (with Michael Oliver help) as much as on the field and the players didn't help.

If Roma had tried to play rather than concentrate on the moaning, diving and bench histrionics they could have won!

I guess the big decision they are unhappy about is the possible pen for handball. The arm was in a natural position by his side and hit his arm as the player trying to move arm behind himself. It did stop the ball going across but it was natural, could go either way for me. What Mourinho and Roma fans do ignore is he rightly used VAR to overturn a pen he had given against Roma so it works both ways.

Its classic Mourinho deflection, he didn't set out his team to attach Sevilla to win

That's a pen in the modern game. Whether that is right or not is another question.

Shocking behaviour from Mourinho and Roma but not surprising.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2023 8:10]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 08:11 - Jun 2 with 2978 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 23:23 - Jun 1 by GlasgowBlue

No excuse for the Roma fans either.

Also, thats not a penalty. Movement away from the ball, not toward.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 08:12 - Jun 2 with 2973 viewsyorkshireblue

Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 21:29 - Jun 1 by Swansea_Blue

There should be zero tolerance for this sort of crap. A year’s ban from European competition for the nation should be a good start.

He certainly had an interesting evening though. I thought he handled the sh*thousery well, as he could easily have gone off on one and handed out double the amount of cards. He was just about holding it together. He’s not the villain though. Roma should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute, both for during the match and afterwards if the rumours of Mourinho waiting in the car park for him are true.

Oh, they are true.

Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 08:53 - Jun 2 with 2860 viewsElephantintheRoom

Correct me if I’m wrong - but Mourinho isn’t there. Granted he had a few ill-chosen words about the ref - but it was deranged obsessives and sore losers who did that. You get the same attitude on here to perceived injustice from ‘terrible referees’. Including you perhaps.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 09:07 - Jun 2 with 2786 viewsdavblue

Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 08:06 - Jun 2 by Metal_Hacker

Jose is not the man or manager he used to be. He'll use as many deflection tactics to re-write history to try and defend his "reputation" as in it wasn't his fault they lost the game and to that I think we all know differently.

Had they concentrated and out their efforts inti playing the game of football as opposed to the antics throughout the 2 hours of football there might have been a different result

Will anything come of this ? I pretty much doubt UEFA will do anything.He's guilty by association in my book but nothing will happen as ever

It's a shame he's tarnished his reputation as much as he has with this because he brought so much to the game over the years but he only has himself to blame regardless of how good the game was ref'd.

For me the game was ref'd as well as can be expected , in fact even better than most would have managed the game. The bloke's poor family walking through that airport made me feel sick watching their faces and him trying to protect and defend. If that were my family I'd be swinging for people

Its football ffs not thing more than

whether you, the royal we like his style of football or not, Jose from 2002 - 2015 was one of the greatest managers of all time. Although defensive some of those performances against Pep's Barcelona team while with Inter were fantastic and i enjoyed watching them trying to defend a game out especially at the Nou Camp. There is a place for that style in the game but he's come up against the greatest manager ever in my opinion in Pep, who is more than a manager, a pioneer his style of play has influenced many other coaches and the game is better for it.

If Pep hadn't come along i suspect a style of play similar to Jose's would have influenced the game for a longer period.
Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 09:18 - Jun 2 with 2682 viewsBluesky

Mr Robson would be deeply disappointed by his protegé's behaviour.
Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 09:27 - Jun 2 with 2662 viewsitfcjoe

Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 08:09 - Jun 2 by TractorWood

That's a pen in the modern game. Whether that is right or not is another question.

Shocking behaviour from Mourinho and Roma but not surprising.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2023 8:10]

The Sevilla bench was just as badly behaved throughout the game - they both see it as an attempt presumably to make the game impossible to referee by exerting so much pressure on the officials.

South European football is just painful to watch - that game took 173 minutes from kick off to full time to cover 120 minutes of 'action'

This is why the Pl is the best league to watch, even though it goes that way sometimes it is fundamentally a more honest league to watch and infinitely more entertaining

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 09:38 - Jun 2 with 2605 viewsbrazil1982

I don't kinow how referees keep it together. Once, just one, would it be great if Taylor got off the minibus and landed one in Jose's face, really thumped him.

What action will UEFA take? - a one match touchline ban for JM and a little fine to the club.

Referees also need to clamp down on dissent with red cards - it's all in the rules.
Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 09:41 - Jun 2 with 2581 viewsBiGDonnie

No excuses, but in todays game, that is a shocking decision. I'd be absolutely fuming had it been Town.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 09:41 - Jun 2 with 2577 viewstextbackup

Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 06:34 - Jun 2 by Herbivore

Someone chucked a table at them, does it make much difference whether it hit or not?

Looked as though he’d already gone through the door when that was chucked.

Doesn’t make it right, but it didn’t actually hit him.

Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 09:53 - Jun 2 with 2533 viewstextbackup

Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 09:41 - Jun 2 by BiGDonnie

No excuses, but in todays game, that is a shocking decision. I'd be absolutely fuming had it been Town.

Especially when there is VAR to go back to to check.

Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 09:54 - Jun 2 with 2529 viewsronnyd

Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 09:41 - Jun 2 by textbackup

Looked as though he’d already gone through the door when that was chucked.

Doesn’t make it right, but it didn’t actually hit him.

Could have hit some other traveller though, or is that ok?
Mourinho should get a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime ban on 10:05 - Jun 2 with 2469 viewsbelgablue

Isn't it the responsibility of the VAR team to alert the referee to a possible penalty/ infringement? So not even the ref's fault.

Eitherway, Mourinho is a nasty piece of work. The way he treated some of his players / staff he'd be in front of a tribunal in most other work places.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024