Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football things you get irrationally annoyed by 12:08 - Jun 3 with 7274 viewsIllinoisblue

combined teams. Who gives a fk about your best XI formed from two different teams? Well I think this player would be better than that player and I can’t believe you’ve chosen him over him and blah blah blah. STFU

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 12:15 - Jun 3 with 2698 viewsPhilTWTD

Combined greatest ever Ipswich/Norwich XI.

Cooper
Burley
Mills
Thijssen
Osman
Butcher
Wark
Muhren
Mariner
Brazil
Gates
Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 12:18 - Jun 3 with 2666 viewsChurchman

Half and half scarves. Why, just why?

That little plinth thing they collect a ball from when the teams run out. Given they use more than one ball in a game why bother?

Carragher on Sky. Odious spit monster. Rubbish pundit too. Within the first sentence, hearing his ghastly accent encourages me to hurl a brick at the tv.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2023 12:20]
Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 12:21 - Jun 3 with 2640 viewsSwansea_Blue

Subbing players off one at a time, even when each side is bringing 2 on. Drives me disproportionately nuts, given it’s not really a massive deal.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 12:21 - Jun 3 with 2636 viewsgainsboroughblue

Unnecessary use of change strips.

Charlton have habitually been guilty of this at PR over the years. No need.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 12:22 - Jun 3 with 2629 viewsellaandred

Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 12:15 - Jun 3 by PhilTWTD

Combined greatest ever Ipswich/Norwich XI.

Cooper
Burley
Mills
Thijssen
Osman
Butcher
Wark
Muhren
Mariner
Brazil
Gates

No Beattie :-(
Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 12:23 - Jun 3 with 2624 viewsSwansea_Blue

Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 12:18 - Jun 3 by Churchman

Half and half scarves. Why, just why?

That little plinth thing they collect a ball from when the teams run out. Given they use more than one ball in a game why bother?

Carragher on Sky. Odious spit monster. Rubbish pundit too. Within the first sentence, hearing his ghastly accent encourages me to hurl a brick at the tv.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2023 12:20]

Are you saying they should have lots of little plinths for all the balls?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 12:24 - Jun 3 with 2622 viewsPhilTWTD

Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 12:22 - Jun 3 by ellaandred

No Beattie :-(

Ha! How can I choose between him and Terry?
Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 12:24 - Jun 3 with 2622 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Players not celebrating against former clubs… you ain’t gotta do a triple backflip but show some respect to the fans of the club you now play for.

This new ranking thing that’s going on. Ranking Derbies. Ranking away grounds. Rubbish

Any commentator or pundit who says “first goal is crucial”. Well yeh obviously.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 12:26 - Jun 3 with 2584 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 12:24 - Jun 3 by PhilTWTD

Heads- Butcher.
Tails- Beattie.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 12:31 - Jun 3 with 2553 viewsChurchman

Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 12:23 - Jun 3 by Swansea_Blue

Are you saying they should have lots of little plinths for all the balls?

No plinths! Ban the plinth!! It’s an ffing ball! One of many! The ref can carry the thing out or the captain of the home team.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2023 12:32]
Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 12:41 - Jun 3 with 2527 viewsgainsboroughblue

Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 12:24 - Jun 3 by TRUE_BLUE123

Players not celebrating against former clubs… you ain’t gotta do a triple backflip but show some respect to the fans of the club you now play for.

This new ranking thing that’s going on. Ranking Derbies. Ranking away grounds. Rubbish

Any commentator or pundit who says “first goal is crucial”. Well yeh obviously.

"This new ranking thing that’s going on. Ranking Derbies. Ranking away grounds. Rubbish"

The latest thing is those 'tier lists'.

Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 12:41 - Jun 3 with 2525 viewsAlanG296

Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 12:21 - Jun 3 by Swansea_Blue

Subbing players off one at a time, even when each side is bringing 2 on. Drives me disproportionately nuts, given it’s not really a massive deal.

Multiple substitutions take too long, probably to give managers more time to brief the team and for those still on to take a breather. Also strange how depending on whether you're winning or not a player to come off can be way over the other side of the pitch and apparently oblivious to the fact that he's got to get off. Need a sub board with space for 3 pairs of numbers and refs willing to restart the game without them if they don't get on with it.
Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 12:44 - Jun 3 with 2517 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 12:41 - Jun 3 by gainsboroughblue

"This new ranking thing that’s going on. Ranking Derbies. Ranking away grounds. Rubbish"

The latest thing is those 'tier lists'.

That’s what I was looking for. Couldn’t remember what they were called.

Sh1te.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 12:44 - Jun 3 with 2515 viewsKeno

Norwich

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 12:45 - Jun 3 with 2520 viewsLord_Lucan

Modern fans - and vlog people *****

***** aside from that hippy bloke who does ours, I find him quite good.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 12:45 - Jun 3 with 2513 viewsgainsboroughblue

Also, those fan banter pages you get on FB whether you follow the pages or not. Especially the one where you get pictures of away support and the dick waving that comes with it.

If there is a large following, it's down to 1. It's only down the road, 2. You're top so that's the least you should've taken, 3. We took 4,000 on a Tuesday, 4. Leeds would've taken more, 5. Good turn out but didn't hear a peep.

Small following and it's 1. Pathetic, 2. It's all we were allocated, 3. We would have filled that three times over.

Tedious.

Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 12:49 - Jun 3 with 2465 viewsIllinoisblue

Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 12:45 - Jun 3 by Lord_Lucan

On vloggers, I see our boy Griffin was at the playoff finals and, bizarrely, singing along with the Sheff Weds fans. Odd behavior.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 12:52 - Jun 3 with 2441 viewsgainsboroughblue

Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 12:49 - Jun 3 by Illinoisblue

On vloggers, I see our boy Griffin was at the playoff finals and, bizarrely, singing along with the Sheff Weds fans. Odd behavior.

Really?

That is bizarre.

Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 13:08 - Jun 3 with 2380 viewsParky

People always have to have something to moan about. Win 6-0, go straight online to moan about the fans, or the atmosphere.
Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 13:08 - Jun 3 with 2377 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Just use initials and allow people to assume

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 13:10 - Jun 3 with 2366 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 12:45 - Jun 3 by Lord_Lucan

Are you talking about Benjamin Bloom? If so I agree, very good.

I moaned about this the other day and nobody cared but I will moan again - the way they scribble a load of crap over the shirts when you play in a final to commemorate the event. Looks proper tat. If you must have something on the shirt to boost the provenance for collectors, just stick a little holographic sticker somewhere discreet.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Harry Redknapp (n/t) on 13:14 - Jun 3 with 2328 viewsBloots

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 13:17 - Jun 3 with 2293 viewsFtnfwest

They did play together, but wasn’t it only a handful of times, less than 10?
Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 13:18 - Jun 3 with 2287 viewsFtnfwest

The thing where defenders are allowed to shield, but basically deliberately physically obstruct, an opponent from getting to a ball that’s running out of play
Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 13:22 - Jun 3 with 2271 viewsLankHenners

Football things you get irrationally annoyed by on 12:45 - Jun 3 by gainsboroughblue

Also, those fan banter pages you get on FB whether you follow the pages or not. Especially the one where you get pictures of away support and the dick waving that comes with it.

If there is a large following, it's down to 1. It's only down the road, 2. You're top so that's the least you should've taken, 3. We took 4,000 on a Tuesday, 4. Leeds would've taken more, 5. Good turn out but didn't hear a peep.

Small following and it's 1. Pathetic, 2. It's all we were allocated, 3. We would have filled that three times over.

Tedious.

On a similar theme any sort of unoriginal 'footy banter' I find really unfunny and tedious. That joke heat map of a player who got sent off not long after coming on wasn't very funny the first time I saw it several years ago let alone now.

Also on a similar theme, it seems people can't just enjoy a win anymore, as far as social media is concerned at least. People feel they have to rub it in, like getting one over someone is more important than the joy of winning (genuine rivalries aside of course). You forgive that sort of stuff in the moment but you get people going on days after the match finished ffs.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024