Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Toney banned for 8 months 17:32 - May 17 with 1852 viewsgainsboroughblue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65626690

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Toney banned for 8 months on 17:48 - May 17 with 1737 viewsClutch

Can see him making a move soon, Brentford not having to pay his wages, and new bigger club get him a bit cheaper.
Toney banned for 8 months on 17:57 - May 17 with 1691 viewsronnyd

Should start on the first day of the new season.
Toney banned for 8 months on 18:21 - May 17 with 1597 viewsFrimleyBlue

Bet he didn't see that coming.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Toney banned for 8 months on 18:24 - May 17 with 1586 viewsJ2BLUE

Toney banned for 8 months on 17:48 - May 17 by Clutch

Can see him making a move soon, Brentford not having to pay his wages, and new bigger club get him a bit cheaper.

I would imagine it's in every football contract that they don't have to pay if something like this occurs.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Toney banned for 8 months on 18:25 - May 17 with 1580 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Could they loan him abroad until January to keep him fit and make some money back on his absence?

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Toney banned for 8 months on 19:10 - May 17 with 1395 viewsrkc123

This seems really excessive. I haven't seen any suggestion up to now that he betted on his own teams games, and it doesn't sit right that everywhere you look Football has welcomed in the betting companies money, and then when a player clearly is having difficulties with gambling they throw the book at them. I read somewhere that the PFA have flagged up in the past that the support offered to players around gambling is really lacking as well, a lot of information about what not to do, but very little support for players who are struggling.
Toney banned for 8 months on 20:30 - May 17 with 1235 viewsHighgateBlue

Toney banned for 8 months on 19:10 - May 17 by rkc123

This seems really excessive. I haven't seen any suggestion up to now that he betted on his own teams games, and it doesn't sit right that everywhere you look Football has welcomed in the betting companies money, and then when a player clearly is having difficulties with gambling they throw the book at them. I read somewhere that the PFA have flagged up in the past that the support offered to players around gambling is really lacking as well, a lot of information about what not to do, but very little support for players who are struggling.

I think the fact that a good few months are during the off season lessens any excessiveness to a great extent. Personally I think the ban is about right.
Toney banned for 8 months on 07:55 - May 18 with 1072 viewsCityBlue

good piece in the Guardian about the hypocrisy of the FA when we have teams sponsored by betting companies, clubs owned by betting companies and even man of the match trophies sponsored by betting companies....and then we complain that a young man bets.

I T I D

Login to get fewer ads

Toney banned for 8 months on 09:45 - May 18 with 1010 viewsRadlett_blue

Toney banned for 8 months on 19:10 - May 17 by rkc123

We can't really judge until we see details of his betting patterns. If it's just betting on random games where he had no influence, I don't see it as a serious offence, albeit against the well known rules & the hypocrisy of the FA's anti betting stance when football is inundated with betting sponsors is huge.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Toney banned for 8 months on 09:56 - May 18 with 988 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Toney banned for 8 months on 17:57 - May 17 by ronnyd

Should start on the first day of the new season.

Think he probably would've been banned for five or six months earlier in the season, so they've given him eight to cover the off-season.

Not sure it's the right call - someone who clearly has a gambling addiction and you're effectively giving him loads of time away from his day job which allows more opportunity to go back to gambling. Needs real support from the FA and a deep look at how we've allowed gambling to infiltrate the sport.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Toney banned for 8 months on 10:06 - May 18 with 971 viewsGeoffSentence

One for the next January transfer window.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024