Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walton's footwork 23:15 - Apr 7 with 1948 viewsDubtractor

Earlier in the season there was a common consensus that Walton wasn't too comfortable with the ball at his feet, and that this was one are that Hladky had the upper hand, but I think Walton has improved enormously with his feet as the season has gone on. You suspect he has spent a lot of time on the practice pitch working on this.

One pass in the second half, after a few short passes in our own box, where he then threaded a ball through three or 4 players to a midfielder in loads of space (can't remember if Morsy or Luongo), was superb.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Walton's footwork on 23:35 - Apr 7 with 1855 viewsTalkingBlues

Better than he was perhaps, but most games still looks uncomfortable with the ball at his feet and always takes an eternity to make a decision and kick the bloody thing, which has put him in dangerous positions a few times.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Walton's footwork on 23:41 - Apr 7 with 1831 viewsYallop2

Walton's footwork on 23:35 - Apr 7 by TalkingBlues

Better than he was perhaps, but most games still looks uncomfortable with the ball at his feet and always takes an eternity to make a decision and kick the bloody thing, which has put him in dangerous positions a few times.

But if you listen to KM that is the idea. Draw the attacker in and then we outnumber them.
Walton's footwork on 23:49 - Apr 7 with 1804 viewsStokieBlue

He's taking him time to pick the right pass rather than hoofing it. Do you boo when we pass it backwards as well?

He's looked very comfortable lately.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Walton's footwork on 23:56 - Apr 7 with 1765 viewsRyorry

Walton's footwork on 23:41 - Apr 7 by Yallop2

But if you listen to KM that is the idea. Draw the attacker in and then we outnumber them.

In light of his superb throw starting the move that led to our first goal at Derby, I'm now describing him as an attacking sweeper-keeper

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Walton's footwork on 06:22 - Apr 8 with 1560 viewsSharkey

"That's what you get when you have a goalkeeper as an attacking coach"
Walton's footwork on 06:27 - Apr 8 with 1551 viewsChrisd

I appreciate the need to be decent with your footwork is part of a goalkeeper’s profile these days, but I’d still prefer a keeper to do the other basics well, which Walton does. If it is all about being good with your feet then manager’s should just stick an outfielder in goal. However, the goalkeeping position is much more complex and diverse than that. All keepers have ‘iffy’ spells during a season, however Walton it seems has come through his. There’s little doubt in my mind Walton remains one of the best in this division and should be playing higher than L1, his ability highlights he’s better than this level. I think back to keepers in the recent past like Mark Bosnich, he was abysmal with his feet, but he was still recognised as a top keeper in the EPL due to his other goalkeeping assets.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 7:18]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Walton's footwork on 06:52 - Apr 8 with 1511 viewsBuhrer

Looking so much more confident, good footwork and looking for and able to make great releases to help us break. Love watching us stretch teams looking for the spare man. Hes thoroughly deserving his recent award and record breaking run. The best keeper in Europe currently on paper I believe!
Walton's footwork on 07:15 - Apr 8 with 1432 viewsGlasgowBlue

Yawn.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Walton's footwork on 08:19 - Apr 8 with 1324 viewsDJR

It maybe looked that way 10 games or so ago because it seemed to me he had lost a bit of confidence (as perhaps had the whole team), but to my mind his confidence is fully back and since then he has looked totally assured both with the ball at his feet and when dealing with saves and crosses.

One particularly good thing he did today was to come out of his area and head the ball into touch.
Walton's footwork on 08:27 - Apr 8 with 1291 viewsNthQldITFC

I'd agree, and also say something similar about Burgess. Both big lads obviously, and their physiques make it naturally harder for both to be 'twinkle-toed' but I've noticed both have a significantly more twinkle than they did earlier in the season (oo-er!).

I wonder whether this is something which was identified and specifically improved upon in their individual coaching with something like dancing lessons? Wouldn't surprise me at all given the professionalism and attention to detail of this football club. Super stuff.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Walton's footwork on 08:51 - Apr 8 with 1227 viewsArnieM

You may not be aware of Wollfies comments re the defence holding into the ball until what seems like a suicidal last few seconds . He said it was something they ( as a defence) had worked on throughout the season, the aim being to draw opponents onto them, and out of position. The ball is then released forward into the spaces created behind the opponent, in midfield. He said they know exactly what they are doing and are in control. True there’s always a risk, but even the aggressive high pressing sides have come a cropper against us. I was like you, almost in despair at what appeared to be a reckless tactic, but I understand it now, and feel comfortable (ish) with his we play it. Opponents really don’t know how to play us because we have so many options to our approach now.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Walton's footwork on 09:24 - Apr 8 with 1139 viewsStewart27

This could not be any further from the truth.

If you know and understand football that is.
Walton's footwork on 09:32 - Apr 8 with 1089 viewsPhilTWTD

Walton's footwork on 23:41 - Apr 7 by Yallop2

McKenna: It's Important For Us That We Create an Overload 9th Mar 2023 15:36
Town boss Kieran McKenna has outlined the reasons behind his side’s brave build-up from the back which has led to nervousness among some watching fans. 20

Walton's footwork on 09:41 - Apr 8 with 1025 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

You love displaying your cluelessness, don't you?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Walton's footwork on 11:38 - Apr 8 with 922 viewsRyorry

Walton's footwork on 09:32 - Apr 8 by PhilTWTD

McKenna: It's Important For Us That We Create an Overload 9th Mar 2023 15:36
Town boss Kieran McKenna has outlined the reasons behind his side’s brave build-up from the back which has led to nervousness among some watching fans. 20

“Nervousness” is definitely an understatement there!

“Calm, calm, calm” might become a mantra in this household till the last ball of the season’s been kicked (iirc comes from an Alan Bleasdale TV play of the 70s, the phrase being used by the Michael Palin character who was nervous about going over bridges).

Walton's footwork on 11:49 - Apr 8 with 905 viewsRyorry

Walton's footwork on 08:19 - Apr 8 by DJR

It maybe looked that way 10 games or so ago because it seemed to me he had lost a bit of confidence (as perhaps had the whole team), but to my mind his confidence is fully back and since then he has looked totally assured both with the ball at his feet and when dealing with saves and crosses.

One particularly good thing he did today was to come out of his area and head the ball into touch.

Re his clearing header - wonderful, could hardly believe it, can’t recall ever seeing anything like it at any level of football before.

Walton's footwork on 13:16 - Apr 8 with 823 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Walton's footwork on 11:38 - Apr 8 by Ryorry

“Nervousness” is definitely an understatement there!

“Calm, calm, calm” might become a mantra in this household till the last ball of the season’s been kicked (iirc comes from an Alan Bleasdale TV play of the 70s, the phrase being used by the Michael Palin character who was nervous about going over bridges).

GBH?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Walton's footwork on 13:39 - Apr 8 with 785 viewsRyorry

Walton's footwork on 11:49 - Apr 8 by Ryorry

Re his clearing header - wonderful, could hardly believe it, can’t recall ever seeing anything like it at any level of football before.

No-one's sorrier than me I'm unable get to many games these days & have a sh1t memory, Buhrer

Walton's footwork on 13:43 - Apr 8 with 766 viewsRyorry

Walton's footwork on 13:16 - Apr 8 by You_Bloo_Right

GBH?

That was it! cheers 👍

Remember the Michael Maloney (?) character & crew's jogging song? 😂

"Eff the **, eff the *
Eff the effing bleep bleep bleep" - etc.

Has never had a repeat since the 70s as far as I'm aware, crying shame really - copyright issues perhaps.

Walton's footwork on 13:48 - Apr 8 with 749 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Walton's footwork on 13:43 - Apr 8 by Ryorry

That was it! cheers 👍

"Eff the **, eff the *

Has never had a repeat since the 70s as far as I'm aware, crying shame really - copyright issues perhaps.

There yu go Ryorry ...

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/gbh

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Walton's footwork on 13:51 - Apr 8 with 738 viewsNthQldITFC

Walton's footwork on 13:43 - Apr 8 by Ryorry

That was it! cheers 👍

"Eff the **, eff the *

I've seen it on one of the commercial TV channels' websites within the last year or two. Probably All4 I suspect. Sure it will come back again...

...actually, scratch that, it's there now:
https://www.channel4.com/programmes/gbh/on-demand/8551-001

My favourite bits from memory were the pissed up Daleks at the Dr Who convention - "for-nic-ate! FOR-NIC-ATE!" - and the hotelier (Daniel Massey) doing a naked Dambusters impression on his lawn in the middle of the night!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Walton's footwork on 13:53 - Apr 8 with 734 viewsHerbivore

Thanks for confirming that you've never seen us play.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Walton's footwork on 13:57 - Apr 8 with 718 viewsRyorry

Walton's footwork on 13:48 - Apr 8 by You_Bloo_Right

There yu go Ryorry ...

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/gbh

Brilliant! cheers. NthQld too

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024