Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gavin Williamson 12:50 - Mar 2 with 918 viewsBlueNomad

The Education Secretary who said, during the pandemic, that teachers "hate work." Never mind that they continued working and looked after vulnerable kids, and those of essential workers, throughout. Hancock agreed.

Both nasty cretins who should be nowhere near high offices of state. I actually hate this miserable crew.
Gavin Williamson on 12:52 - Mar 2 with 899 viewsSwansea_Blue

Non stop opportunities for Tory bashing today aren't there. As there seem to be every day. Are they trying to bury something or are they just horrible people who are crap at their jobs? I suspect the later, as surely there's a better dead cat strategy than trashing your own reputation.

PS - If I could be arsed, I'd start another thread pointing out Kemi Badenoch latest hot take of not supporting women and looking to improve issues around the menopause. Not as if she's the Minister for Women and Equalities or anything .
[Post edited 2 Mar 2023 12:54]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Gavin Williamson on 12:54 - Mar 2 with 882 viewscatch74

Gavin Williamson on 12:52 - Mar 2 by Swansea_Blue

Non stop opportunities for Tory bashing today aren't there. As there seem to be every day. Are they trying to bury something or are they just horrible people who are crap at their jobs? I suspect the later, as surely there's a better dead cat strategy than trashing your own reputation.

PS - If I could be arsed, I'd start another thread pointing out Kemi Badenoch latest hot take of not supporting women and looking to improve issues around the menopause. Not as if she's the Minister for Women and Equalities or anything .
[Post edited 2 Mar 2023 12:54]

They’ve clearly given up on the next election so there’s in fighting plus getting as much nasty stuff done in their last months of power as possible. It’s a bit like here when chance of promotion is mathematically over.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Gavin Williamson on 13:00 - Mar 2 with 830 viewsPlums

Gavin Williamson on 12:54 - Mar 2 by catch74

They’ve clearly given up on the next election so there’s in fighting plus getting as much nasty stuff done in their last months of power as possible. It’s a bit like here when chance of promotion is mathematically over.

There ain't no bloodbath like a Tory bloodbath

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Gavin Williamson on 13:00 - Mar 2 with 833 viewsSwansea_Blue

They certainly seem to be trying to cram through as much of their vile ideology into law as possible. Absolutely vile party at them moment. Let's hope the Lords can continue to dilute the damage and then people see sense at the next election.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Gavin Williamson on 13:12 - Mar 2 with 786 viewsGuthrum

I'm not sure whether they've given up, of if they believe this stuff will win them enough votes to get in at the next election. If you live entirely in a Telegraph/Mail-flavoured bubble and talk only to your no-tax-and-deregulation-at-all-costs mates (not to mention the kind of Farage-inclined people in the constituency parties who favoured Johnson and Truss), the world probably does look a bit like that.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Gavin Williamson on 13:21 - Mar 2 with 747 viewskeighleyblue

Gavin Williamson on 13:00 - Mar 2 by Plums

There ain't no bloodbath like a Tory bloodbath

Which is all great, except it impacts every single one of us.
Gavin Williamson on 13:24 - Mar 2 with 741 viewsElderGrizzly

He also told Ofqual (the exams regulator) to under no circumstances allow any digitisation on the assessment process in England.

Everything had to be Pen and Paper as long as he was Education Secretary and he closed down projects trying to modernise the English system.

He's a liar, leaker and Victorian age pillock
Gavin Williamson on 13:32 - Mar 2 with 708 viewsChurchman

Gavin Williamson on 13:00 - Mar 2 by Swansea_Blue

They certainly seem to be trying to cram through as much of their vile ideology into law as possible. Absolutely vile party at them moment. Let's hope the Lords can continue to dilute the damage and then people see sense at the next election.

They’re a dreadful shower in every way. No sense of right or wrong, no sense of decency, no learning or listening, no hard work. Their bogus ideology doesn’t even make 6th form debating level. The tories see themselves as special, born to rule, exempt from what most people would see as normal decent behaviour. That won’t change.

They’re finished for a generation. And rightly so. When the tories are thrown out, they will be utterly bemused. They won’t understand it so the telephone booth of MPs left will blame everyone else, then themselves while the key players in this waltz off and make money. Johnson’s lectures, Handjob chewing on bugs and selling a rubbish book etc etc.

The job of HoL and the opposition is as you say, to delay or block as long as possible the worst of the damage.
Login to get fewer ads

Gavin Williamson on 13:53 - Mar 2 with 646 viewsDJR

Gavin Williamson on 13:12 - Mar 2 by Guthrum

I'm not sure whether they've given up, of if they believe this stuff will win them enough votes to get in at the next election. If you live entirely in a Telegraph/Mail-flavoured bubble and talk only to your no-tax-and-deregulation-at-all-costs mates (not to mention the kind of Farage-inclined people in the constituency parties who favoured Johnson and Truss), the world probably does look a bit like that.

I don't think they have given up at all, and a YouGov poll reported today suggests Sunak’s approval ratings have risen following the announcement of his deal with the EU. This from YouGov.

"[Sunak’s] popularity boost extends across the political spectrum. Among Tory voters, the proportion with a favourable view of the PM is up seven points from 50% to 57%, while among Labour voters it is up from 12% to 19%. More than four in ten leave voters (43%) now have a positive opinion of the prime minister, up from 38%, while among remain voters the increase has been from 25% to 32%.

Sunak’s net favourability of score -21 still trails Labour rival Keir Starmer’s (-11) by double digits. While about as many people have a favourable view of the leader of the opposition (37%) as the prime minister, fewer people dislike him (48%). Unlike Sunak, Starmer’s ratings are virtually identical to those from the previous survey."

If the economy improves and inflation falls, I can see his popularity rising further, particularly as he seems to have won over the Brexiters in his party, and Johnson (who was part of reason for his unpopularity in the party) seems a busted flush. He also comes across as much more competent than his three predecessors, so in that sense is a match to the appeal of Starmer.

And it mustn't be forgotten that getting a majority at the next election will be an enormous challenge for Labour, given Scotland, voter ID and boundary changes
[Post edited 2 Mar 2023 14:12]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024