Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some perspective, and I'm sure it's been noted 09:18 - Jan 25 with 1346 viewsDyland

so sorry for any repetition and/or stating the bleeding obvious.

One of the RS messages said something along the lines of 'we need ro play like that every week (first half).' Well sure, but this kind of comment doesn't take into account you play different oppo every week, and have your own changes from injiury, form, etc. Conversely, the observation 'you can only beat what's in front of you' also doesn't mean much in the context of analysing games... unless you don't want to look at any bigger picture... so I can see why it's used so much by fans, arf :)

Morecombe have been awful away from home. They hadn't played in a while and looked clueless. Most telling (and oddly) they looked like they were trying to play an expansive game (of some kind). We looked like Man City against someone a bit crap. Cambridge will be a completely different proposition.

Not sure we can judge the new defence too much based on this. Saying that, they all looked solid enough and no pessimism or too much skepticism from me.

Ladapo. Er. Maybe Hirst's arrival has been positive from a competition perspective, not that FD has a questionable attitude, it's simply, well, (more) competition, focus and desire. Ladders was superb.

Broadhead and Clarke. Well yeh, to my point, Morecombe were poor BUT... these guys look a different level and I cannot WAIT to see more of them over the rest of the season. Broadhead... what touch and brains. Clarke... a beast. And both young... nice one.

Man I hope we can put a run together.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Some perspective, and I'm sure it's been noted on 09:27 - Jan 25 with 1248 viewsNthQldITFC

When you see what we are capable of (watch the whole of the attacking period around the fifth minute) it is breathtaking for League 1.

I think we have had a bit too much concern for almost an aesthetic deliberation in our play, which has resulted in some great technical performances and bodes well for the future, but we've not quite pressed the button early enough in the phases of play at times, and we've given the opposition time to defend.

The new boys all look like they are a bit more aggressive in their intention to take a chance to me, and I'm sure that's been an input into the recruitment process this January. Clarke and Broadhead look like absolutely next level signings to me. Superb.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Some perspective, and I'm sure it's been noted on 09:32 - Jan 25 with 1195 viewsFrimleyBlue

Some perspective, and I'm sure it's been noted on 09:27 - Jan 25 by NthQldITFC

When you see what we are capable of (watch the whole of the attacking period around the fifth minute) it is breathtaking for League 1.

I think we have had a bit too much concern for almost an aesthetic deliberation in our play, which has resulted in some great technical performances and bodes well for the future, but we've not quite pressed the button early enough in the phases of play at times, and we've given the opposition time to defend.

The new boys all look like they are a bit more aggressive in their intention to take a chance to me, and I'm sure that's been an input into the recruitment process this January. Clarke and Broadhead look like absolutely next level signings to me. Superb.

What I liked about clarke is that he looked like a combination of KVY and Donacien.

Strong. Determined. Got stuck in ( that 5050 lunge was brilliant) and on the ball he was direct took the game to them but also went for goal.. something we just don't get with JD.

2 of 3 signings for me so far look like excellent business.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Some perspective, and I'm sure it's been noted on 09:32 - Jan 25 with 1206 viewsDyland

Some perspective, and I'm sure it's been noted on 09:27 - Jan 25 by NthQldITFC

Good observation, I hope that's right innit.

Some perspective, and I'm sure it's been noted on 10:02 - Jan 25 with 1134 viewsCityBlue

Some perspective, and I'm sure it's been noted on 09:32 - Jan 25 by FrimleyBlue

What I liked about clarke is that he looked like a combination of KVY and Donacien.

Strong. Determined. Got stuck in ( that 5050 lunge was brilliant) and on the ball he was direct took the game to them but also went for goal.. something we just don't get with JD.

2 of 3 signings for me so far look like excellent business.

The absolute key to the 4231 is the ability to have wing backs who have the strength and speed to drive up and down their channel. JD is a class player but has been hampered by muscle tightness over the last month. His supporting runs are great but we need that WB to actually be the drive and not just the support. I could see Burns was feeling a new man last night with the fresh input from Clarke.
Plus, we have always tended to lean to the right as we didn't quite have the balance on the left. Broadhead brings that dynamic now and it was so obvious an improvement with his direct style of play paired with his ability to track back. It looks like K McK has his squad now.

I T I D

Some perspective, and I'm sure it's been noted on 10:51 - Jan 25 with 965 viewsDyland

Some perspective, and I'm sure it's been noted on 10:02 - Jan 25 by CityBlue

The absolute key to the 4231 is the ability to have wing backs who have the strength and speed to drive up and down their channel. JD is a class player but has been hampered by muscle tightness over the last month. His supporting runs are great but we need that WB to actually be the drive and not just the support. I could see Burns was feeling a new man last night with the fresh input from Clarke.
Plus, we have always tended to lean to the right as we didn't quite have the balance on the left. Broadhead brings that dynamic now and it was so obvious an improvement with his direct style of play paired with his ability to track back. It looks like K McK has his squad now.

Good point re Burns, and noticeable. Possibly helped by the oppo but hey ho!

Broadhead's quality also improved Chappers. They are the nailed on number 10s surely, in that system.

Some perspective, and I'm sure it's been noted on 10:16 - Jan 26 with 699 viewsCityBlue

Some perspective, and I'm sure it's been noted on 10:51 - Jan 25 by Dyland

Good point re Burns, and noticeable. Possibly helped by the oppo but hey ho!

Broadhead's quality also improved Chappers. They are the nailed on number 10s surely, in that system.

there are no number tens in the 4231, at a push you could call it a false 10 but it really is an attacking mid player with a degree of freedom in the attacking phase. The defending starts from the front too and it was noticeable to see Ladapo disrupting.

The formation relies heavily upon each other so no room for even one player not able to fill the brief. I think that until we had Broadhead, Kieran was stuck with two number tens in what was a variation of a number of developing formations. Was probably more a 3421 with the back 3 reinforced by one of the 4 in a rotate

I T I D

Some perspective, and I'm sure it's been noted on 10:17 - Jan 26 with 681 viewsCityBlue

In fact I will add that in the 34 21 the back line utilised the sweeper keeper and looks far more curved in its appearance. The 4231 defends flat but looks like an inverted pyramid on the attack

I T I D

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024