Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next 8 games - massive 09:33 - Jan 23 with 2250 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Morecambe H - 21st
Cambridge A - 22nd; Sheff Wed vs Plymouth this day too
Sheff Wed H - 2nd; Plymouth vs Portsmouth this day
Bristol Rovers A - 9th
FGR H - 24th
MK Dons A - 19th; Peterborough vs Plymouth this day
Burton H - 23rd; Sheff Wed vs Peterborough this day
Accrington H - 20th; Plymouth vs Derby this day

Plymouth & Sheff Wed playing each other - both have a couple of tough games too, albeit, mainly at home though.

A massive 8 games. 5 of the 8 at home. 6 of the 8 against the bottom 6. We will need to be almost faultless over the next 8 results wise to be in the talk for automatic promotion again. Tough fixtures away including Bolton, Barnsley and Derby to follow.

How many points do you see us getting over the next 8?

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Next 8 games - massive on 09:39 - Jan 23 with 2206 viewsLawfordLad

Morecombe H - 3 points
Cambridge A - 1 point ( we never win there)
Wendies H - 1 Point
Bristol Rovers A - 1 Point
FGR H - 3 points
MK Dons A - 3 points
Burton H - 3 points
Accy H - 3 points

Total = 18
Next 8 games - massive on 09:48 - Jan 23 with 2159 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Next 8 games - massive on 09:39 - Jan 23 by LawfordLad

Morecombe H - 3 points
Wendies H - 1 Point
FGR H - 3 points
MK Dons A - 3 points
Burton H - 3 points
Accy H - 3 points

Total = 18

Not taking max points off the bottom 6 would be poor, but Cambridge isn't an easy game either. Sadly I think 18/24 writes off automatic promotion. Would be asking too much of ourselves against other teams around us.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Next 8 games - massive on 10:03 - Jan 23 with 2103 viewsSomethingBlue

It's a much better looking run of games than the one we've just come out of and it's going to be absolutely critical. You'd want 18 points absolutely. At the end of it I expect we'll be feeling a fair bit better about ourselves, but will still be slightly adrift. But going into the final 10 or so games that'd be no disaster. For me there's a bit of a "season starts here" vibe about tomorrow.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Next 8 games - massive on 10:04 - Jan 23 with 2089 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Morecombe H - 3 points
Wendies H - 1 Point
FGR H - 3 points
MK Dons A - 3 points
Burton H - 3 points
Accy H - 3 points

Total = 18

If we don't beat Cambridge we don't deserve to go up. They are dross this season. We win them all except Wednesday, would be my guess.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Next 8 games - massive on 10:08 - Jan 23 with 2050 viewsbilllm

Morecombe H - 3 points
Wendies H - 1 Point
FGR H - 3 points
MK Dons A - 3 points
Burton H - 3 points
Accy H - 3 points

Total = 18

20 agree with all apart from Wednesday we will beat them,
Next 8 games - massive on 10:58 - Jan 23 with 1868 viewsLankHenners

A couple of tough ones (Bristol away and Wednesday home) but pretty much as kind a run of games as you would want when needing to rack up several wins.

Potential for the play off spots to get a bit bunched up over that run so want to put some distance on that and obviously creep up to the top 2. Beating Wednesday essentially a must in that regard plus we have to beat Cambridge as do that and we'll make ground on at least 1 of the top 2.

As you say those away fixtures afterwards are nasty - depending how we get on with them they'll be nerve-easers or put everyone on panic alert seeing as those 3 are the likely playoff teams at this point.

18 points is 2.25ppg which is better than what we've mustered lately but would need the top 2 to drop points to catch up still (obviously we can influence that with regards to Wednesday).

21+ (including beating Wednesday) is proper 'yeah we're thinking we're back' type stuff.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Next 8 games - massive on 11:26 - Jan 23 with 1786 viewsWeekender

In order to maintain 2ppg over the season we need 19 points so 6 wins plus 1 draw.

I suspect one of the wins may need to be Wednesday in order to close the gap.

Possible but tough

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Next 8 games - massive on 11:40 - Jan 23 with 1721 viewsStewart27

Next 8 games - massive on 09:48 - Jan 23 by IPSWICHFANITFC

Not taking max points off the bottom 6 would be poor, but Cambridge isn't an easy game either. Sadly I think 18/24 writes off automatic promotion. Would be asking too much of ourselves against other teams around us.

You won’t get many easier games than Cambridge this season.
Login to get fewer ads

Next 8 games - massive on 13:01 - Jan 23 with 1573 viewsJ2BLUE

Next 8 games - massive on 10:03 - Jan 23 by SomethingBlue

It's a much better looking run of games than the one we've just come out of and it's going to be absolutely critical. You'd want 18 points absolutely. At the end of it I expect we'll be feeling a fair bit better about ourselves, but will still be slightly adrift. But going into the final 10 or so games that'd be no disaster. For me there's a bit of a "season starts here" vibe about tomorrow.

Rare voice of sanity on here at the moment.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Next 8 games - massive on 13:05 - Jan 23 with 1542 viewshoppy

Next 8 games - massive on 10:03 - Jan 23 by SomethingBlue

Added to that, the additions we've made this month are to fully get going and utilised. We're not going into the next run of 8 games with the same personnel we've had available over the previous 8 - hopefully we're a bit stronger now, and we'll see them making a difference.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Next 8 games - massive on 13:05 - Jan 23 with 1539 viewsRimsy

Maximum points. Tuesday will be the start of our title winning run, you heard it here first

BlueBlood

Next 8 games - massive on 22:23 - Jan 23 with 1253 viewsWestSussexBlue

20 points, 6 wins and draws against Wednesday and Bristol Rovers. Overall that would be very good and keep us battling for top 2.
Next 8 games - massive on 05:58 - Jan 24 with 1120 viewsWestcountryblue

Next 8 games - massive on 22:23 - Jan 23 by WestSussexBlue

20 points, 6 wins and draws against Wednesday and Bristol Rovers. Overall that would be very good and keep us battling for top 2.

Agree with that. Need to try and steal some ground on Wednesday though if we can.
Home fixture, big crowd in, you'd like to think that we can step up for the occasion.
Next 8 games - massive on 06:37 - Jan 24 with 1100 viewsBlue_Heath

Morecombe H - 1 points
Cambridge A - 0 points ( we never win there)
Wendies H - 0 Points
FGR H - 3 points
MK Dons 1 point
Burton H - 3 points
Accy H - 3 points

Is more likely in my view.
Next 8 games - massive on 08:20 - Jan 24 with 1011 viewsitfcjoe

Got to be looking at a minimum of 18 if we want to compete in the top 2 and it is eminently doable.

If we get 18 points over next 8, we will be closer to the top 2 than we are and withing striking distance at worst.

It's now or never for the autos for this season - if we can't pick up 17-20 points from that 8 we simply won't have closed the gap enough in our softer portion of the season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024