Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth 08:55 - Dec 31 with 8941 viewsNutkins_Return

Really think we should look to sign the lad. Hasn't started for Sunderland this season though from what I've heard has always looked good coming on. They have Michut coming back from injury and could strengthen.

He's 21, we were interested before and a move looks required for him to kick on. They would probably sanction a loan but a perm would be better.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2023 17:15]
Jay Matete on 09:14 - Dec 31 with 6675 viewsWakh

We're we interested? I thought Phil confirmed we wernt. Could be wrong but sure I can remember reading that.
Jay Matete on 09:23 - Dec 31 with 6623 viewsNutkins_Return

Jay Matete on 09:14 - Dec 31 by Wakh

We're we interested? I thought Phil confirmed we wernt. Could be wrong but sure I can remember reading that.

Hmmm not sure. Maybe ab interest but no firm bid made? Phil would have to confirm. But he really fits the bill. Long term successor to Morsy potential. 21, really good age.

Edit: just checked. McKenna confirmed he was a player they talked about but in the end didn't put a bid in as had brought Bakinson in on loan and felt they were covered in that area.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 9:25]
Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 17:16 - Jan 6 with 5889 viewsNutkins_Return

Just updating but sounds like going to Plymouth on loan. That's a really good addition. Plymouth have a real chance. (As do we!!)
Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 17:29 - Jan 6 with 5732 viewscressi

Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 17:16 - Jan 6 by Nutkins_Return

Just updating but sounds like going to Plymouth on loan. That's a really good addition. Plymouth have a real chance. (As do we!!)

Llungo every time if fit proven quality
Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 17:31 - Jan 6 with 5689 viewspointofblue

Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 17:16 - Jan 6 by Nutkins_Return

Another loanee for Plymouth, what a surprise...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 17:34 - Jan 6 with 5668 viewsberkstractorboy

Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 17:31 - Jan 6 by pointofblue

Plymouth and fans won't care if he helps them get promoted. IF we get Hirst he'd be a loan, it's not like we use that option too.
Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 17:39 - Jan 6 with 5621 viewsNutkins_Return

Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 17:29 - Jan 6 by cressi

Two players at opposite ends of their careers.

Luongo fits us and makes sense. Matete is going to be a good player but no guarantee they are developing him for themselves as a loan. Great signing for them in my opinion.

If we get Broadhead, Hirst and another linked with e.g. Corbeanu, Whittaker etc I'm loving this window.

It's really interesting how it's shaping up. Derby and Barnsley are not out of it with good windows. Going to be a terrific second half. I believe in McKenna and the team!

Hopefully Ipswich 1st and Plymouth 2nd (Barnsley in playoffs - soft spot for them with all the ex the ex town strikers they always end up with (Scotland, Moore and now Norwood)
Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 17:43 - Jan 6 with 5561 viewspointofblue

Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 17:34 - Jan 6 by berkstractorboy

Plymouth and fans won't care if he helps them get promoted. IF we get Hirst he'd be a loan, it's not like we use that option too.

He'd be the only loanee on our books, wouldn't he? Admittedly Whittaker too if he joins, thoguh I don't think he will.

Shouldn't be bitter. It's exactly what we tried under McCarthy. Just annoyed it's working for them and we're seven points off, I guess.

Login to get fewer ads

Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 18:01 - Jan 6 with 5354 viewsNutkins_Return

Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 17:43 - Jan 6 by pointofblue

He'd be the only loanee on our books, wouldn't he? Admittedly Whittaker too if he joins, thoguh I don't think he will.

Shouldn't be bitter. It's exactly what we tried under McCarthy. Just annoyed it's working for them and we're seven points off, I guess.

John Jules is our loanee.

I'd prefer to avoid loans. Sounds like Hirst will be a loan. It is a really good way to have a better quality of player for clubs at L1 level but we've seen the pitfalls!

If anything Jan is better for loans as a top up to end of season.

I wonder if we may be surprised and see Hirst come perm.
Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 18:22 - Jan 6 with 5124 viewspafcprogs

Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 17:31 - Jan 6 by pointofblue

We are allowed another three yet :)
Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 18:28 - Jan 6 with 5067 viewsberkstractorboy

Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 18:01 - Jan 6 by Nutkins_Return

I'd prefer to avoid loans. Sounds like Hirst will be a loan. It is a really good way to have a better quality of player for clubs at L1 level but we've seen the pitfalls!

Yeah think JJ only loanee to this point. IMO loans can work and agree Jan is a good time to top up and assess in the summer when you know what league for the following season. In the past we relied too much on loans but I think it comes down to money. Right now we have the funds to try and make perm deals, but under Evans it was too many loans.

Plymouth had a good one with Whittaker but we have the same with Bonne for half a season last year. Cosgrove had looked decent at times for Plymouth too. The risk as Forest found out is the loans go back leaving a gap to replace a well as get in more quality for the league above.
Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 18:55 - Jan 6 with 4854 viewsNutkins_Return

Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 18:22 - Jan 6 by pafcprogs

Good luck to you. Don't listen to all the muppets on Twitter winding you boys up about Whittaker. Most Ipswich fans have a lot of respect for how your club are run.

We're coming for you and all that but hopefully you can hold of Wed and co!
Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 19:05 - Jan 6 with 4792 viewscbower

Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 18:01 - Jan 6 by Nutkins_Return

Jan loan is better as it takes to end of season but beware, does that include the playoffs? Seem to remember we fell foul of that with David Unsworth once!

bluescouser

Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 19:10 - Jan 6 with 4698 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Another good singing. Strong Window for Plymouth.

Lets hope we can get our targets in

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 19:15 - Jan 6 with 4629 viewsKieran_Knows

Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 19:10 - Jan 6 by TRUE_BLUE123

Another good singing. Strong Window for Plymouth.

Lets hope we can get our targets in

Patience is a virtue.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 19:19 - Jan 6 with 4540 viewsBig_Jase

Correct me if I’m wrong but
Sam Cosgrove
Jay Matete
Finn Azaz
Bali Mumba
Nigel Lonwijk

That’s 5, you can only have 5 in a match day squad.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 19:25 - Jan 6 with 4403 viewsWakh

Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 18:28 - Jan 6 by berkstractorboy

Yeah think JJ only loanee to this point. IMO loans can work and agree Jan is a good time to top up and assess in the summer when you know what league for the following season. In the past we relied too much on loans but I think it comes down to money. Right now we have the funds to try and make perm deals, but under Evans it was too many loans.

Plymouth had a good one with Whittaker but we have the same with Bonne for half a season last year. Cosgrove had looked decent at times for Plymouth too. The risk as Forest found out is the loans go back leaving a gap to replace a well as get in more quality for the league above.

I would say - from what I seen, Azaz was their most talented Loanee. A very good player who will be back from injury soon
Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 19:42 - Jan 6 with 4173 viewsFrimleyBlue

Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 19:15 - Jan 6 by Kieran_Knows

Patience is a virtue.

Not if we spend the whole of Jan chasing hirst

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 19:46 - Jan 6 with 4130 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Not many years ago we had one more loan than we were allowed to play meaning one could not be in any match day squad each time.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 19:47 - Jan 6 with 4111 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 17:29 - Jan 6 by cressi

Is Llungo the love child of Luongo and Cherie Lunghi.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 19:49 - Jan 6 with 4076 viewsWakh

Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 19:46 - Jan 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not many years ago we had one more loan than we were allowed to play meaning one could not be in any match day squad each time.

In all fairness with the loans WE had that wasn't a bad thing.
Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 19:51 - Jan 6 with 4050 viewspointofblue

Haven't we let him go back due to his injury?

Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 19:54 - Jan 6 with 4010 viewsNutkins_Return

Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 19:51 - Jan 6 by pointofblue

Haven't we let him go back due to his injury?

No he is still on loan. He should be available for the last 10-11 games.

He doesn't take up a squad spot because of his age.
Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 19:55 - Jan 6 with 3976 viewsKieran_Knows

Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 19:42 - Jan 6 by FrimleyBlue

Not if we spend the whole of Jan chasing hirst

Here he is.

Next week is a new week, be happy, enjoy life. There’s more to it than Ipswich transfer news.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 20:05 - Jan 6 with 3822 viewsSam1819

Jay Matete - UPDATE: looks like off to plymouth on 19:55 - Jan 6 by Kieran_Knows

Here he is.

Next week is a new week, be happy, enjoy life. There’s more to it than Ipswich transfer news.

Matete now confirmed at Plymouth.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024