Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trying to think about who I'd like us to target 23:00 - Dec 19 with 7402 viewsTalkingBlues

in January. No idea what is realistic within the confines of wage limits etc, but I doubt any of those I mention could command huge fees given it's league 1. Some will be out of contract, or loans, so all achievable potentially.

The more I think about Connor Wickham, the more it seems a no brainer given his contractual position, history with the club and the fact that he's fit and injury free and already has 9 goals under his belt this season for a crap team.

Anis Mehmeti - haven't seen an awful lot of him, but what I've seen is very, very good, Celina'esque, would be a great addition.

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing - good player, nuff said

Jesurun Rak-Sakyi - on loan to Charlton currently, but there's been hearsay that as they are managerless and struggling, Palace may look to loan him elsewhere. Quick, skilful, has goals in him and wouldn't count for the 22 limit due to age, would be a very handy signing indeed.

I have not given much thought to central midfield, we need reinforcing, but I don't know what exactly McKenna will be looking for given Humphries emergence, does he go creative, or brick wall?

I'd like to see another CB, we've played against a lot of very good ones this season, not really sure who'd I'd go for tbh, or indeed if we are even looking, but I think Keogh needs to move out of the 22 and make space for someone more dynamic.

If we can nick a player or two from promotion rivals I'm up for that too, even if it's just to weaken them on the run-in, Whittaker prime example.

I genuinely can't wait for January and to see what actually comes through the door, but please Kieran, not another Camara, we can't afford projects, we need players who can go straight in.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 08:50 - Dec 20 with 4172 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I agree re Wickham. Although players returning to this club often hasn't worked out in recent years.

But his availability and the fact he won't need time to settle makes it an easier move than most.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 09:17 - Dec 20 with 4093 viewsvilanovablue

Morgan Whittaker, loan with an option to buy if promoted would be my dream. Can't see it happening. It could seriously weaken Plymouth too.
Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 09:26 - Dec 20 with 4051 viewsTalkingBlues

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 09:17 - Dec 20 by vilanovablue

Morgan Whittaker, loan with an option to buy if promoted would be my dream. Can't see it happening. It could seriously weaken Plymouth too.

Several reports suggest that we have made enquiries, so never say never, though I can't see what is compelling for Swansea to move him from the top of the table club? We may be able to offer slightly more money, but I doubt the difference is significant enough to warrant a move and interrupt his progress.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 09:30 - Dec 20 with 4028 viewstextbackup

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 09:17 - Dec 20 by vilanovablue

I could 100% see Ashton making contact, even if an impossible task, just to unsettle Plymouth and the player.
Because he is an experienced CEO and knows the game. And I fully support that behaviour

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 09:36 - Dec 20 with 3969 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 09:30 - Dec 20 by textbackup

I could 100% see Ashton making contact, even if an impossible task, just to unsettle Plymouth and the player.
Because he is an experienced CEO and knows the game. And I fully support that behaviour

I don't think that would have any impact on Plymouth.

Their manager is already fully aware that their loan players will be the subject of speculation.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 09:49 - Dec 20 with 3914 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Bersant Celina- If the deal can be done, I think it should be. He wants to be here, he's a match winner and can be the difference in those tight games. He did well here last season.

Morgan Rogers-slightly ambitious perhaps but who knows

Will Keane- would be great if possible. Classy player, can score and link play.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 09:56 - Dec 20 with 3870 viewshomer_123

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 09:49 - Dec 20 by TRUE_BLUE123

Bersant Celina- If the deal can be done, I think it should be. He wants to be here, he's a match winner and can be the difference in those tight games. He did well here last season.

How do you know BC 'wants' to be here? Genuine question.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 10:00 - Dec 20 with 3854 viewschicoazul

No idea on who but what we need will very much depend on our injuries clearing up especially Evans.
As a minimum we need another 9. If Evans is still injured we need another CM. And it might be an idea to get some proper competition in for Burns.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 10:01 - Dec 20 with 3847 viewshomer_123

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 10:00 - Dec 20 by chicoazul

No idea on who but what we need will very much depend on our injuries clearing up especially Evans.
As a minimum we need another 9. If Evans is still injured we need another CM. And it might be an idea to get some proper competition in for Burns.

9 players seems a bit much Chico.

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 10:03 - Dec 20 with 3834 viewsDarth_Koont

Really tricky as that gets into McKenna’s head and how he wants us to play/get to the next level.

I’d say a player like Wickham, just like Michael Smith for Rotherham last year, could have a major impact. But I’ve not been all that impressed with our service to Ahadme when he’s been on the pitch so that might also be a wasteful dead end.

For me, having Evans, Aluko, Harness and Camara back clouds the issue and gives us very different options. Maybe enough to support a wild card player like Celina who (more consistently than Edwards) can unsettle defences, create opportunities and pick up a few goals too.

Pronouns: He/Him

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 10:05 - Dec 20 with 3830 viewsTalkingBlues

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 09:49 - Dec 20 by TRUE_BLUE123

No chance of getting Celina here, we did everything to keep him and it didn't happen, can't see any change on that front.

Morgan Rogers I'd be very happy to see, another who doesn't take up a 22 squad slot, might be a bit of a reach for us though.

Will Keane is the obvious link for us, contract up in the summer, can score goals, big and strong and playing in a team on a massive slide towards League 1. If nobody else of note approaches him, he might see us as a good option to keep playing Championship football next season (hopefully!!) in a team on the up.

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 10:05 - Dec 20 with 3828 viewschicoazul

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 10:01 - Dec 20 by homer_123

9 players seems a bit much Chico.

Haha! Fair comment!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 10:05 - Dec 20 with 3828 viewsFrimleyBlue

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 10:03 - Dec 20 by Darth_Koont

Really tricky as that gets into McKenna’s head and how he wants us to play/get to the next level.

I’d say a player like Wickham, just like Michael Smith for Rotherham last year, could have a major impact. But I’ve not been all that impressed with our service to Ahadme when he’s been on the pitch so that might also be a wasteful dead end.

For me, having Evans, Aluko, Harness and Camara back clouds the issue and gives us very different options. Maybe enough to support a wild card player like Celina who (more consistently than Edwards) can unsettle defences, create opportunities and pick up a few goals too.

Edwards has perhaps ruined his best chance of taking the town shirt and making it his own.

He came into the side looking like a new player. Controlled himself on when to try tricks. Played with discipline whilst being a danger to opponents. He's somehow gone backwards in such a way Jackson has been given the nod ahead of him.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 10:07 - Dec 20 with 3821 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 09:56 - Dec 20 by homer_123

How do you know BC 'wants' to be here? Genuine question.

From what I've seen posted on here, it seems like he was doing everything possible to come here in the summer, and he hasn't played much for his current club so cant see that changing

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 10:09 - Dec 20 with 3791 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 10:05 - Dec 20 by FrimleyBlue

Edwards has perhaps ruined his best chance of taking the town shirt and making it his own.

He came into the side looking like a new player. Controlled himself on when to try tricks. Played with discipline whilst being a danger to opponents. He's somehow gone backwards in such a way Jackson has been given the nod ahead of him.

"He's somehow gone backwards in such a way Jackson has been given the nod ahead of him"

I'm not sure that its because Edwards has gone backwards but rather Mckenna just likes Kayden Jackson. Edwards is still featuring in most games and is still the person Mckenna is turning to when we need to get something in the game.

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 10:12 - Dec 20 with 3767 viewsFrimleyBlue

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 10:09 - Dec 20 by TRUE_BLUE123

"He's somehow gone backwards in such a way Jackson has been given the nod ahead of him"

I'm not sure that its because Edwards has gone backwards but rather Mckenna just likes Kayden Jackson. Edwards is still featuring in most games and is still the person Mckenna is turning to when we need to get something in the game.

I dunno. It's gone from Edwards beginning to form a great partnership with davis. To Jackson suddenly given the nod to play a 10 role which let's be honest is completely not a Jackson role.

It'll be interesting with Harness and Aluko back.. how much game time Edwards now gets. Personally I feel he's not made the most of the opportunity. But we'll see.

Waka waka eh eh

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 10:13 - Dec 20 with 3771 viewsJ2BLUE

I think we need some serious expectation management.

I have no doubt we will sign some good players in January and be a lot stronger but some of the names/ideas people are coming out with are very unlikely.

Signing a Plymouth player just to weaken them. This simply won't happen. If they have a player we want then we may well make an approach but they are going to fight it with everything they have. It's just incredibly unlikely. Yes, I know, Marcus Stewart. It was lightning in a bottle.

Will Keane - started last night in the Championship.

Whittaker - Why would they recall him from a loan where he is doing well to loan him to us? It's fantasy land stuff.

Again, we will very likely sign some very good players, but people are setting themselves up for disappointment with some of the unrealistic names.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2022 10:40]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 10:16 - Dec 20 with 3754 viewshomer_123

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 10:13 - Dec 20 by J2BLUE

I have no doubt we will sign some good players in January and be a lot stronger but some of the names/ideas people are coming out with are very unlikely.

Signing a Plymouth player just to weaken them. This simply won't happen. If they have a player we want then we may well make an approach but they are going to fight it with everything they have. It's just incredibly unlikely. Yes, I know, Marcus Stewart. It was lightning in a bottle.

Whittaker - Why would they recall him from a loan where he is doing well to loan him to us? It's fantasy land stuff.

Again, we will very likely sign some very good players, but people are setting themselves up for disappointment with some of the unrealistic names.

Agreed...some fantasy stuff going on at the moment, understandable though in many ways.

Wickham is the one that is most plausible (irrespective of whether it should happen or not) at the moment.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2022 10:34]

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 10:21 - Dec 20 with 3718 viewsTalkingBlues

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 10:03 - Dec 20 by Darth_Koont

Alas, 'tis the injuries to the players that you mention that puts us in a difficult spot, but certainly when fit, they appear to be exactly the sort of players we'd be looking for.

Ahadme was a deadline day punt that just hasn't panned out, sad for player and club, but he only gets fitter and better with minutes and he won't get them here. Players like Aluko have come straight back into the starting squad from injury, but Ahadme is still seeing 5 minutes at the end of games, he just doesn't offer enough to justify his inclusion, will definitely be loaned out in January IMO.

I think the service our forwards get is enough to score goals, though I have to say that I still don't understand why we never have a man attacking the near post, especially baffling as about 95% of Burns' deliveries flash across the front post, I don't get it.

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 10:23 - Dec 20 with 3707 viewsFrimleyBlue

Regarding Whittaker. Imo it depends on what Swansea feels his future is. If its at Swansea then no I don't see a loan recall.

However if they are happy to sell..then we may be in a position to buy more than plymouth will even with promotion

It's not unrealistic overall it just depends on how Swansea rate him tbh.

Waka waka eh eh

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 10:24 - Dec 20 with 3703 viewsTalkingBlues

Dare to dream J2, dare to dream

I

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 10:28 - Dec 20 with 3670 viewsDarth_Koont

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 10:21 - Dec 20 by TalkingBlues

Alas, 'tis the injuries to the players that you mention that puts us in a difficult spot, but certainly when fit, they appear to be exactly the sort of players we'd be looking for.

Ahadme was a deadline day punt that just hasn't panned out, sad for player and club, but he only gets fitter and better with minutes and he won't get them here. Players like Aluko have come straight back into the starting squad from injury, but Ahadme is still seeing 5 minutes at the end of games, he just doesn't offer enough to justify his inclusion, will definitely be loaned out in January IMO.

I think the service our forwards get is enough to score goals, though I have to say that I still don't understand why we never have a man attacking the near post, especially baffling as about 95% of Burns' deliveries flash across the front post, I don't get it.

Agreed.

In Ahadme’s defence, his injury at the beginning of the season stopped a promising-looking season in its tracks. And as you say, since then, he’s only had small cameos here and there.

But anyway I think we struggle to get the right kind of balls into the box at the right time so very difficult for any striker to know when to make the run or just drift off his marker. I think it’s the part of our game that is probably weakest but clearly the overall pass and move, creating overlaps and overloads, is the blueprint.

Pronouns: He/Him

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 10:28 - Dec 20 with 3669 viewsSheffordBlue

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 10:21 - Dec 20 by TalkingBlues

Having already played for Burton and us this season I think the only place Ahadme is allowed to go is back to Burton - unless they are keen he's stuck with us until the summer.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 10:35 - Dec 20 with 3632 viewsringwoodblue

Agree with J2BLUE, all those players won’t be coming in January and I also doubt Wickham will return either.

If we know anything about Ashton, he does his transfer business under the radar so it will be players that we don’t expect or there’s been no speculation about.

Jan will be interesting.

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 10:36 - Dec 20 with 3619 viewsTalkingBlues

Trying to think about who I'd like us to target on 10:28 - Dec 20 by SheffordBlue

Having already played for Burton and us this season I think the only place Ahadme is allowed to go is back to Burton - unless they are keen he's stuck with us until the summer.

I know that a player can register for 3 clubs, but is only allowed to play for 2, though I think there is an exception that says a player can play for more than 2 clubs if it's a short term loan, but I'm not exactly sure what the classification of "short term" is for the league?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024