Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's performance 20:08 - Dec 17 with 1675 viewsFrimleyBlue

Overall tbh. It was an OK game. Always felt a goal for us was coming but it just never came.

Think for me tho it was one which showed exactly what problems we had to really go that next level.

Burns again for me was poor.. he needs replacing come Jan. Even if its bringing someone in to give him competition, he just doesn't give us enough this season imo.

Ladapo lots of effort. Just isn't clinical. We know this

Chaplin.. poor for me today.

Humphreys... has perhaps burnt the candle at both ends lately. Tried his best. But imo left Morsy doing twice the work today.

I do think we are almost there with a garenteed promoti9n spot with a few quality signings.. there are needed.

We have imo a prem/champ style of football with league 1 players... we need to introduce some real quality into this and it will make life so much easier.

But tbh. I've been more annoyed with some recent draws than I am today. But that's life.

Coyb. Come on January.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Today's performance on 20:13 - Dec 17 with 1636 viewsSitfcB

The decline from Burns truly saddens me.

Been really poor all season.

Towards the end he took on a couple of players here and there and you can see he’s still got, like last week he took on two, got passed them got the ball in, just not sure why he’s not doing it more and like he was last season.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Today's performance on 20:15 - Dec 17 with 1614 viewsIllinoisblue

Today's performance on 20:13 - Dec 17 by SitfcB

Towards the end he took on a couple of players here and there and you can see he’s still got, like last week he took on two, got passed them got the ball in, just not sure why he’s not doing it more and like he was last season.

He should be dropped for next game. Bring Edwards in.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Today's performance on 20:17 - Dec 17 with 1603 viewsSitfcB

Today's performance on 20:15 - Dec 17 by Illinoisblue

He should be dropped for next game. Bring Edwards in.

Definitely, hope Evans will be ready for a start.

Really looking forward to seeing Oxford again, what a proper footballing team they are, they just get on with it.

COYB

Today's performance on 20:26 - Dec 17 with 1554 viewsmrshallisfit

Today's performance on 20:17 - Dec 17 by SitfcB

Definitely, hope Evans will be ready for a start.

Really looking forward to seeing Oxford again, what a proper footballing team they are, they just get on with it.

You are being sarcastic about Oxford aren't you? When I saw them last year they were time wasting from about 53 mins onwards.
Today's performance on 20:33 - Dec 17 with 1523 viewsSitfcB

Today's performance on 20:26 - Dec 17 by mrshallisfit

You are being sarcastic about Oxford aren't you? When I saw them last year they were time wasting from about 53 mins onwards.

I think at the home game they were time wasting in the first half.

COYB

Today's performance on 20:47 - Dec 17 with 1470 viewsnshearman1

Today's performance on 20:33 - Dec 17 by SitfcB

I think at the home game they were time wasting in the first half.

Oxford are just a bigger Wycombe - both full of nonentities. I think people are being too hard on Burns - but he looks tired, the Wales stuff hasn’t helped, and it would have been better starting with Edwards. I love McKenna and can accept mistakes he makes but think he got the starting lineup wrong today and his post-match comments were a bit worrying - desperate to emphasise the positives, he ignored the endless sideways and backwards passing reminiscent of Mick, and the lack of really testing their idiot keeper, players preferring a further sideways pass in the area to actually shooting.
Today's performance on 20:50 - Dec 17 with 1459 viewsFrimleyBlue

Today's performance on 20:47 - Dec 17 by nshearman1

Oxford are just a bigger Wycombe - both full of nonentities. I think people are being too hard on Burns - but he looks tired, the Wales stuff hasn’t helped, and it would have been better starting with Edwards. I love McKenna and can accept mistakes he makes but think he got the starting lineup wrong today and his post-match comments were a bit worrying - desperate to emphasise the positives, he ignored the endless sideways and backwards passing reminiscent of Mick, and the lack of really testing their idiot keeper, players preferring a further sideways pass in the area to actually shooting.

I did laugh a few times first half where Keogh got the ball and physically stood still with the ball facing Burgess instead of looking forwards.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Today's performance on 20:55 - Dec 17 with 1432 viewsGarv

Today's performance on 20:13 - Dec 17 by SitfcB

Missing Celina. He was the only one really able to find him consistently when he made his 'out to in' runs last season. Take that away and he can look quite average.

I thought he was okay second half though today.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Today's performance on 21:04 - Dec 17 with 1370 viewsnshearman1

Today's performance on 20:50 - Dec 17 by FrimleyBlue

I did laugh a few times first half where Keogh got the ball and physically stood still with the ball facing Burgess instead of looking forwards.

Keogh was another error, really forced on McKenna by injuries. I really like Keogh as a person, however I can’t help but feel his most effective position is in the dressing room, which seems to be at least partly why he was signed. I’m a bit cynical about the excuse that he was injured as a reason for pulling him off at halftime- replacing him with Fridge, also apparently carrying an injury.
Today's performance on 21:10 - Dec 17 with 1355 viewsRobTheMonk

Chaplin again frustrated the hell out of me. I repeat the same thing every week and have done for months now. Comes alive in the final quarter, but his ball retention and general hold up play has been really poor. His layoffs kill our attacks because they're so poorly weighted.

I don't think Burns will get dropped. Keeps getting in the right positions and offers us pace. Not performing as he did last season, but I don't think he needs replacing yet. He needs to go back to the knock and run tactic of last season where he was at his best.

Morsy was quality today. Humpreys looked off it today and was rightly subbed.

I think the majority of the team looked off it today apart from Morsy and Davis. Morsy should have a well deserved sleep tonight.

Ladapo was excellent at hold-up today, but lacks that poacher instinct.

I thought Jackson was p1ss-poor today too apart from one lovely flick.

Subs brought a bit of intensity but ultimately not to be.

On to the next one.
Today's performance on 21:19 - Dec 17 with 1294 viewsnshearman1

Today's performance on 21:10 - Dec 17 by RobTheMonk

Chaplin again frustrated the hell out of me. I repeat the same thing every week and have done for months now. Comes alive in the final quarter, but his ball retention and general hold up play has been really poor. His layoffs kill our attacks because they're so poorly weighted.

I don't think Burns will get dropped. Keeps getting in the right positions and offers us pace. Not performing as he did last season, but I don't think he needs replacing yet. He needs to go back to the knock and run tactic of last season where he was at his best.

Morsy was quality today. Humpreys looked off it today and was rightly subbed.

I think the majority of the team looked off it today apart from Morsy and Davis. Morsy should have a well deserved sleep tonight.

Ladapo was excellent at hold-up today, but lacks that poacher instinct.

I thought Jackson was p1ss-poor today too apart from one lovely flick.

Subs brought a bit of intensity but ultimately not to be.

On to the next one.

I’m not as negative as you about Chaplin but he certainly had a bad day at the office. Otherwise pretty much agree with all your assessments. Morsy was head and shoulders above the rest and pretty much carried Humphreys today. Evans wasn’t much better but it was the wrong game to ask him to come in and rescue. I can’t see why Burns wouldn’t be effective as a sub having been dropped from the starting lineup bringing his pace to a tiring defence and with something to prove.
Today's performance on 21:38 - Dec 17 with 1216 viewsStewart27

You’ve summed it up pretty well. I’ve disagreed on your views on Burns previously, but it’s just not happening for him. That opportunity in the first half where he crossed the ball like a hot potato being a prime example.

I also don’t feel too bad tonight either. Gutted to see us lose - we’re not used to it. But we made a team who were one of our rivals a couple of years ago look like the poor team they are.

Should have been one of those 0-0 games we’d probably have been happy about. Need to stop finding a way of conceding agains teams who don’t even create a proper chance.
Today's performance on 21:40 - Dec 17 with 1208 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Our build up is way too slow and patient. Having 70+% possession doesn't win matches. We allow the opposition to get 9 or 10 men in the penalty box before we make our attacks. That is why time and again, we get shots, but they always cannon off someone and come to nought. We need to use speed as a weapon much more than we do.

Poll: would you rather

Today's performance on 21:47 - Dec 17 with 1183 viewsnshearman1

Today's performance on 21:40 - Dec 17 by LegendofthePhoenix

Our build up is way too slow and patient. Having 70+% possession doesn't win matches. We allow the opposition to get 9 or 10 men in the penalty box before we make our attacks. That is why time and again, we get shots, but they always cannon off someone and come to nought. We need to use speed as a weapon much more than we do.

I agree with you totally about our build-up play today but not necessarily at other times. We have in the past been great at building quick one-touch moves to unlock defences. It didn’t happen today. Instead of analysing the meaning of ‘big chances’ McKenna needs to sit down and look at where we’re strong and get back to that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024