Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This WILL definitely end well. 12:35 - Dec 9 with 1577 viewsBlueBadger

Just like all the other times the banking and financial sectors have been deregulated.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/dec/09/jeremy-hunt-sets-out-sweeping-r

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This WILL definitely end well. on 12:44 - Dec 9 with 1537 viewsJ2BLUE

Meanwhile, in Korea... https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/dec/09/all-south-koreans-to-become-younge

Madness.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This WILL definitely end well. on 13:44 - Dec 9 with 1410 viewsLeoMuff

This WILL definitely end well. on 12:44 - Dec 9 by J2BLUE

Meanwhile, in Korea... https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/dec/09/all-south-koreans-to-become-younge

Madness.

That is bizarre, I had to check the article wasn’t dated April 1.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

This WILL definitely end well. on 13:45 - Dec 9 with 1404 viewsLeoMuff

Tory wet dream that.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

This WILL definitely end well. on 14:55 - Dec 9 with 1297 viewsBlueBadger

This WILL definitely end well. on 13:45 - Dec 9 by LeoMuff

Tory wet dream that.

They LOVE policies to make their mates richer whilst making it more likely everyone else suffers as a result.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This WILL definitely end well. on 15:05 - Dec 9 with 1268 viewseireblue

They are assuming the next election is lost, so planning a path back to power and a smaller state in ten years or so.
This WILL definitely end well. on 15:18 - Dec 9 with 1255 viewsmonytowbray

This WILL definitely end well. on 15:05 - Dec 9 by eireblue

They are assuming the next election is lost, so planning a path back to power and a smaller state in ten years or so.

Scorched earth policy whilst ensuring they let the troops stay behind with flamethrowers and remain a threat to anyone who tries to fix the land.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

This WILL definitely end well. on 18:09 - Dec 9 with 1145 viewsNthQldITFC

This WILL definitely end well. on 15:05 - Dec 9 by eireblue

They are setting up the conditions for a massive failure of the state and a consequent breakdown of law and order. These 'Conservatives' are nothing like conservative or past iterations of Conservatives, they are thieves and treasonous scum and the real conservative Conservatives should eject this cabal of filth before they destroy the country of which the Conservatives view themselves to be the true protectors.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

This WILL definitely end well. on 19:32 - Dec 9 with 1076 viewsHARRY10

What could possibly go wrong. And just because it has three times before, doing much the same does not mean it will this time.

So we have the UK unilaterally reducing/removing safeguards that ensure there are adequate funds to guard against bad debt, in some deluded idea that those funds will be invested in the UK.

Money goes where it gets the best return, which is certainly not in a post Brexit UK. Funds will flow out of UK banks just as water down a plughole.

It does not matter to the City, they will not have to pick up the bill, as in 2008. Trying to make up the loss of business since brexit - Amsterdam has overtaken the City in trading, and Paris is now regarded as more important than London as a stock exchange.
Login to get fewer ads

This WILL definitely end well. on 20:28 - Dec 9 with 1033 viewsjeera

"Hunt said: “We are committed to securing the UK’s status as one of the most open, dynamic and competitive financial services hubs in the world"

Which we already were and have only just recently lost that very status thanks to you know what.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This WILL definitely end well. on 22:58 - Dec 9 with 976 viewsHARRY10

This WILL definitely end well. on 20:28 - Dec 9 by jeera

"Hunt said: “We are committed to securing the UK’s status as one of the most open, dynamic and competitive financial services hubs in the world"

Which we already were and have only just recently lost that very status thanks to you know what.

Removing the ring fencing of personal savings is akin to an inveterate gambler asking his wife to let him have access to the mortgage money.

" I can win enough to repay you the mortgage money, and also have a good sum for myself"

If this was such a good idea then why is it that no other country is doing it ?
Guff about attracting investment is that, guff.

How come other countries in Europe are attracting investment without removing protections. Maybe it is because they have not piled a whole heap of regulation and cost onto the businesses.
This WILL definitely end well. on 23:25 - Dec 9 with 950 viewsOldsmoker

This WILL definitely end well. on 22:58 - Dec 9 by HARRY10

Removing the ring fencing of personal savings is akin to an inveterate gambler asking his wife to let him have access to the mortgage money.

" I can win enough to repay you the mortgage money, and also have a good sum for myself"

If this was such a good idea then why is it that no other country is doing it ?
Guff about attracting investment is that, guff.

How come other countries in Europe are attracting investment without removing protections. Maybe it is because they have not piled a whole heap of regulation and cost onto the businesses.

Re: Personal savings
Are you suggesting that someone with a personal savings account with a bank may be in danger of losing it?
Once these regulations are passed it will be interesting to see the new terms and conditions that banks issue over savings accounts.
Maybe we should all read them this time.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

This WILL definitely end well. on 23:58 - Dec 9 with 933 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

This WILL definitely end well. on 23:25 - Dec 9 by Oldsmoker

Re: Personal savings
Are you suggesting that someone with a personal savings account with a bank may be in danger of losing it?
Once these regulations are passed it will be interesting to see the new terms and conditions that banks issue over savings accounts.
Maybe we should all read them this time.

Your savings are always at risk to a certain extent, albeit banks have to meet fairly stringent minimum capital requirements. Currently your savings are protected upto 85k by the FSCS compensation scheme and I’ve not seen any suggestion that will change.
This WILL definitely end well. on 00:22 - Dec 10 with 893 viewsOldsmoker

This WILL definitely end well. on 23:58 - Dec 9 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Your savings are always at risk to a certain extent, albeit banks have to meet fairly stringent minimum capital requirements. Currently your savings are protected upto 85k by the FSCS compensation scheme and I’ve not seen any suggestion that will change.

85K !!!!!
... and I was worried about losing £85.
So my 42p interest this year is safe.
Phew!

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

This WILL definitely end well. on 06:45 - Dec 10 with 832 viewsArnoldMoorhen

This WILL definitely end well. on 00:22 - Dec 10 by Oldsmoker

85K !!!!!
... and I was worried about losing £85.
So my 42p interest this year is safe.
Phew!

It is 85k per institution. So somebody with more than 85k needs to spread their savings across different banking groups to ensure all is protected.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024