Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England lose when we play someone decent. 21:03 - Dec 10 with 2596 viewsITFC_Forever

Who knew.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Most teams lose when they play someone decent....... on 21:05 - Dec 10 with 2286 viewsBloots

.....that's how sport tends to work.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

England lose when we play someone decent. on 21:06 - Dec 10 with 2273 viewsSitfcB

France were poor.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

England lose when we play someone decent. on 21:07 - Dec 10 with 2247 viewsCaptainAhab

You sound like that numpty Matterface
England lose when we play someone decent. on 21:11 - Dec 10 with 2217 viewstractordownsouth

We were absolutely robbed by the officials there. Clear foul on Saka.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

England lose when we play someone decent. on 21:17 - Dec 10 with 2186 viewsITFC_Forever

England lose when we play someone decent. on 21:06 - Dec 10 by SitfcB

France were poor.

Ok…. And we still couldn’t beat them.

We had to rely on penalties, one of which we missed.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

England lose when we play someone decent. on 21:42 - Dec 10 with 2112 viewsSuperblue95

England lose when we play someone decent. on 21:06 - Dec 10 by SitfcB

France were poor.

France scored two cracking goals. England got 2 penalties, missed one and some are trying to pin the loss on the ref for not giving a third, rather than the fact very little was created from open play.

France deserved it imo and will win the whole thing.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

England lose when we play someone decent. on 22:55 - Dec 10 with 2033 viewsBlueForYou

England lose when we play someone decent. on 21:42 - Dec 10 by Superblue95

France scored two cracking goals. England got 2 penalties, missed one and some are trying to pin the loss on the ref for not giving a third, rather than the fact very little was created from open play.

Thought Pickford should have saved their first, but agree with everything else. If Morocco play like the6 did today, France will have a much more difficult game!
England lose when we play someone decent. on 01:36 - Dec 11 with 1933 viewsStewart27

England lose when we play someone decent. on 21:17 - Dec 10 by ITFC_Forever

Ok…. And we still couldn’t beat them.

We had to rely on penalties, one of which we missed.

So we didn’t rely on penalties.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2022 1:36]
Login to get fewer ads

England lose when we play someone decent. on 06:14 - Dec 11 with 1865 viewstractordownsouth

Did France create much more than we did from open play? Bellingham, Kane and Saka all went close and on top of their goal France had the Rabiot and Giroud efforts. Pretty even.

The refereeing mistake wasn’t the foul on Kane, it was the one on Saka.

England lose when we play someone decent. on 06:49 - Dec 11 with 1847 viewsnorfsufblue

England lose when we play someone decent. on 06:14 - Dec 11 by tractordownsouth

Did France create much more than we did from open play? Bellingham, Kane and Saka all went close and on top of their goal France had the Rabiot and Giroud efforts. Pretty even.

The refereeing mistake wasn’t the foul on Kane, it was the one on Saka.

It's true, give that free kick and England are on the attack with a good opportunity to whip that into the box rather than being a man short and on the retreat. I've always worried that Saka was a little lightweight playing for England but was immense last night and had to play the whole 90.... however when I looked it overall England were best when chasing the game and went a little more Conservative between the equaliser and their 2nd when we really needed to keep playing like we were 1 down. I really feel gutted we didn't round off a great day for me personally with the win we did deserve
England lose when we play someone decent. on 07:08 - Dec 11 with 1826 viewsnoggin

England lose when we play someone decent. on 21:11 - Dec 10 by tractordownsouth

We were absolutely robbed by the officials there. Clear foul on Saka.

English football fans in, blaming officials for defeat, shocker.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

England lose when we play someone decent. on 07:27 - Dec 11 with 1802 viewsonceablue

England lose when we play someone decent. on 07:08 - Dec 11 by noggin

You sound like you could be Scottish Welsh or Irish

LOL
England lose when we play someone decent. on 07:49 - Dec 11 with 1758 viewsblueislander

England lose when we play someone decent. on 22:55 - Dec 10 by BlueForYou

Thought Pickford should have saved their first, but agree with everything else. If Morocco play like the6 did today, France will have a much more difficult game!

Watching the replay Pickford didn’t move till late for the first goal. He was obviously unsighted when the shot was hit.
England lose when we play someone decent. on 07:54 - Dec 11 with 1739 viewsChrisd

We didn’t create anything from open play? Have a look at the attempts. Also, Lloris was many pundits ‘Man of the Match’ which suggests he had a rather decent game to keep us out. You can argue that France were more clinical, however they didn’t deserved to win that match, they were second best a lot of the time and can count themselves very fortunate they got through.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

England lose when we play someone decent. on 07:56 - Dec 11 with 1730 viewsChrisd

England lose when we play someone decent. on 07:49 - Dec 11 by blueislander

Watching the replay Pickford didn’t move till late for the first goal. He was obviously unsighted when the shot was hit.

That’s how I saw it. Did the ball not go through a player’s legs and take a slight deflection on the way too?

England lose when we play someone decent. on 07:57 - Dec 11 with 1724 viewsGlasgowBlue

Not like you to be knocking anything English noggin. Quelle surprise, as the a French would say.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

England lose when we play someone decent. on 08:19 - Dec 11 with 1688 viewsChurchman

Agreed. France were better and deserved it. There was a spell in the second half where we got them rattled but by and large they were stronger all over the pitch. Griezemen was a cut above and England were hamstrung by rightly being terrified of Mbappe.

Bellingham grew into the game and played well. What a player he will be. Saka too was excellent and gave France’s weakest player a nightmare. Foden has immense skill, but is wasted on the wing. I though Walker handled Mbappe as well as anyone and the goalie couldn’t do much with the goals. Other than that, the England players were patchy/mediocre or in some cases poor.

I’m still puzzled as to why Southgate took off Saka. By far our biggest threat.
England lose when we play someone decent. on 08:23 - Dec 11 with 1663 viewsChrisd

England lose when we play someone decent. on 08:19 - Dec 11 by Churchman

Agreed. France were better and deserved it. There was a spell in the second half where we got them rattled but by and large they were stronger all over the pitch. Griezemen was a cut above and England were hamstrung by rightly being terrified of Mbappe.

Bellingham grew into the game and played well. What a player he will be. Saka too was excellent and gave France’s weakest player a nightmare. Foden has immense skill, but is wasted on the wing. I though Walker handled Mbappe as well as anyone and the goalie couldn’t do much with the goals. Other than that, the England players were patchy/mediocre or in some cases poor.

Blimey, it really does show how we as fans see things completely differently.

England lose when we play someone decent. on 08:26 - Dec 11 with 1648 viewsChurchman

England lose when we play someone decent. on 08:23 - Dec 11 by Chrisd

Blimey, it really does show how we as fans see things completely differently.

Just how I saw it at the time. I’m probably wrong, particularly as I’m disappointed. I just felt France always had that bit extra
England lose when we play someone decent. on 08:40 - Dec 11 with 1616 viewsChrisd

England lose when we play someone decent. on 08:26 - Dec 11 by Churchman

Just how I saw it at the time. I’m probably wrong, particularly as I’m disappointed. I just felt France always had that bit extra

Naturally, we are going to see things differently we do most Saturdays on here, but I thought there was plenty to be encouraged about if you park the scoreline. The quality of that French side (and yes, I know they were missing players), England really did make them look quite ordinary. Pickford wasn’t really troubled and even the saves he made were pretty standard. I’d be interested to see if you felt differently if you watched the game again. England did a lot of good things, which we don’t always say in big games.

England lose when we play someone decent. on 09:07 - Dec 11 with 1547 viewsChurchman

England lose when we play someone decent. on 08:40 - Dec 11 by Chrisd

Naturally, we are going to see things differently we do most Saturdays on here, but I thought there was plenty to be encouraged about if you park the scoreline. The quality of that French side (and yes, I know they were missing players), England really did make them look quite ordinary. Pickford wasn’t really troubled and even the saves he made were pretty standard. I’d be interested to see if you felt differently if you watched the game again. England did a lot of good things, which we don’t always say in big games.

I’d feel very differently. I generally do if I see a recording of a game I’ve seen previously either live or on tv. The classic was Bolton away in the play offs. I thought we were off it for a good chunk of it and dead lucky until I saw it back and realised I was wrong on both counts.

I think England have a lot to look forward to. In the past England were always ‘up n at em, in ya face’ but short on technique, bar the odd player. That’s no longer the case and the potential is there for a really good team.
England lose when we play someone decent. on 09:14 - Dec 11 with 1522 viewstractordownsouth

It’s nothing to do with being English; it’s objectively a foul. France were fortunate not to penalised for the foul on Kane in the first half (probably a 50/50 as to whether it was inside) and it took VAR to give the one on Mount.

England lose when we play someone decent. on 09:16 - Dec 11 with 1517 viewsStewart27

You probably need to watch again.

England were by far the better team. We were undone by two pieces of quality. So of course we deserved to lose, but to say France were the better team seems odd. Griezemann was anonymous unless you just listened to Dixon spurt clichés about him. The game was played in France’s half predominantly.
England lose when we play someone decent. on 09:18 - Dec 11 with 1504 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

France were not better and stronger all over the pitch, we had 57% possession, 16 shots to their 8 (8 to 5 on target) and 5 corners to their 2. I can’t see how anyone can look at that objectively and conclude anything other than England having the best of the game, unfortunately the one thing France were better at was being clinical and that was what made the difference

The clinical point is what actually stings the most for me as going into the game I expected it to be the other way around with France largely dominating and England needing to be clinical to win…now I think I’d underestimated how good this side actually is and that a golden chance to win it has gone begging

I also don’t get the fuss around the Saka sub, he was brilliant but unsurprisingly tired and worn out from being kicked from pillar to post. It made sense to freshen things up and undoubtedly worked, given that we went straight back at them and won a penalty about 3 minutes later…

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

England lose when we play someone decent. on 09:22 - Dec 11 with 1477 viewsmrfixit426

England lose when we play someone decent. on 09:18 - Dec 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

France were not better and stronger all over the pitch, we had 57% possession, 16 shots to their 8 (8 to 5 on target) and 5 corners to their 2. I can’t see how anyone can look at that objectively and conclude anything other than England having the best of the game, unfortunately the one thing France were better at was being clinical and that was what made the difference

The clinical point is what actually stings the most for me as going into the game I expected it to be the other way around with France largely dominating and England needing to be clinical to win…now I think I’d underestimated how good this side actually is and that a golden chance to win it has gone begging

I also don’t get the fuss around the Saka sub, he was brilliant but unsurprisingly tired and worn out from being kicked from pillar to post. It made sense to freshen things up and undoubtedly worked, given that we went straight back at them and won a penalty about 3 minutes later…

Nailed it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024