Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts 19:55 - Nov 22 with 1692 viewsnodge_blue

When it suits them. Couldn't make it up. He has even argued against the court before.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63714944

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 20:02 - Nov 22 with 1631 viewsGlasgowBlue

FYI. The European Court of Human Rights is not under the jurisdiction of the EU.

It is part of the Council of Europe, which has 47 member states, including Russia and the UK.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 20:05 - Nov 22 with 1620 viewsnodge_blue

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 20:02 - Nov 22 by GlasgowBlue

FYI. The European Court of Human Rights is not under the jurisdiction of the EU.

It is part of the Council of Europe, which has 47 member states, including Russia and the UK.

2014, Mr Paterson argued in a speech that the UK should not just quit the EU but also replace the European Convention on Human Rights, on which the European Court of Human Rights adjudicates

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 20:10 - Nov 22 with 1582 viewsGlasgowBlue

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 20:05 - Nov 22 by nodge_blue

2014, Mr Paterson argued in a speech that the UK should not just quit the EU but also replace the European Convention on Human Rights, on which the European Court of Human Rights adjudicates

Still has nothing to do with Brexit.

Iron Lion Zion

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 20:10 - Nov 22 with 1594 viewsXYZ

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 20:05 - Nov 22 by nodge_blue

Classic.

Two footed studs up not even bothering to read the post or the linked article correctly.
Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 20:11 - Nov 22 with 1587 viewsOldsmoker

Mr Paterson obviously thinks that the nation who thought up the ECHR should have war declared upon them to teach them a lesson.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 20:18 - Nov 22 with 1555 viewsBlueBadger

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 20:10 - Nov 22 by GlasgowBlue

Frimmers-esque.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 20:25 - Nov 22 with 1545 viewsOldsmoker

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 20:10 - Nov 22 by GlasgowBlue

Of course it isn't because this isn't a thread about Brexit.

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 20:27 - Nov 22 with 1525 viewsGlasgowBlue

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 20:25 - Nov 22 by Oldsmoker

"Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts"

Im back onto the football. This is all pretty pointless. Patterson is a dickhead anyway.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 20:30 - Nov 22 with 1507 viewsBlueBadger

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 20:27 - Nov 22 by GlasgowBlue

Im back onto the football. This is all pretty pointless. Patterson is a dickhead anyway.

And it's pure coincidence that a large part of Brexit propaganda that was wasn't given over to lies on buses or open racism was all about freeing ourselves from the ECHR.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 20:33 - Nov 22 with 1468 viewsGlasgowBlue

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 20:30 - Nov 22 by BlueBadger

And it's pure coincidence that a large part of Brexit propaganda that was wasn't given over to lies on buses or open racism was all about freeing ourselves from the ECHR.

So it is about Brexit then. Make up your minds.

Iron Lion Zion

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 20:40 - Nov 22 with 1462 viewsSeablu

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 20:30 - Nov 22 by BlueBadger

Have you and GB had a falling out or has it finally dawned on you that he’s actually quite a bit of a pillock?
Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 20:43 - Nov 22 with 1433 viewsOldsmoker

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 20:27 - Nov 22 by GlasgowBlue

Brexiter is a loose term that describes a tvvat...
who may have voted leave and still wants to leave
who may have voted leave and now wants to stay
who voted remain but now wants to leave
any MP who looks after his own interests.
anybody calling themselves Nigel Farage

And I agree with you (listen to yourself man, are you mad, siding with GB!!!) Brexit has been pretty pointless.

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 20:43 - Nov 22 with 1429 viewsXYZ

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 20:25 - Nov 22 by Oldsmoker

Quite. It's about hypocrisy.
Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 22:26 - Nov 22 with 1338 viewsfactual_blue

There isn't a tory left with a shred of decency, be they MPs, party members or voters. Voting for them is equivalent to smearing novichok on the nation's doorknobs.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 23:57 - Nov 22 with 1289 viewsBlueBadger

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 20:40 - Nov 22 by Seablu

Have you and GB had a falling out or has it finally dawned on you that he’s actually quite a bit of a pillock?

Nah, we can just argue about stuff we disagree about mostly like like grown ups.

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 07:19 - Nov 23 with 1172 viewsGlasgowBlue

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 23:57 - Nov 22 by BlueBadger

Nah, we can just argue about stuff we disagree about mostly like like grown ups.

Now you’re just trying to confuse poor old seablu.

Iron Lion Zion

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 07:46 - Nov 23 with 1144 viewsSwansea_Blue

You'd have had to have lived in a cave to not notice Brexiters attacking the ECHR for the last many years.

Or believed and defended the nonsense they plastered all over the side of a bus

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 08:08 - Nov 23 with 1116 viewsGlasgowBlue

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 07:46 - Nov 23 by Swansea_Blue

You'd have had to have lived in a cave to not notice Brexiters attacking the ECHR for the last many years.

Or believed and defended the nonsense they plastered all over the side of a bus

And remainers

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2015/jun/01/david-cameron-european-court-of-huma

Once again, the ECHR is not linked to the EU. Patterson is a hypocrite as he’s spoken out against the ECHR several times in the past. But if Cameron decided to take a case to the ECHR we wouldn’t have a list entitled “ Nice to see remainers still believe in the European courts”.

Too many people get confused between the ECHR and CJEU.

Iron Lion Zion

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 08:39 - Nov 23 with 1087 viewsDarth_Koont

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 23:57 - Nov 22 by BlueBadger

“Grownups”... Good one

Here, you just disagree about which lies and narrative to push.

Pronouns: He/Him

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 09:03 - Nov 23 with 1061 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nice to see brexiters still believe in the European courts on 08:08 - Nov 23 by GlasgowBlue

And remainers

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2015/jun/01/david-cameron-european-court-of-huma

Once again, the ECHR is not linked to the EU. Patterson is a hypocrite as he’s spoken out against the ECHR several times in the past. But if Cameron decided to take a case to the ECHR we wouldn’t have a list entitled “ Nice to see remainers still believe in the European courts”.

Too many people get confused between the ECHR and CJEU.

It’s all part of the same nationalistic, English exceptionalism bullsh*t innit. A disgusting manifesto commitment driven by the need to pander to the Brexiteer loons in his party that completely ignores the point of having a multi-national joint European Act and related court. Cameron was a weak man, standing on a horrible manifesto commitment. They knew what they were doing, especially with the likes of Cummings setting the narrative and people like Timothy promoting it.

You’re right though that a lot of people don’t understand the ECHR (convention) or role of the ECtHR (even fewer people probably realise the CJEU exists). That confusion is helpful to the Tories - assuming the Guardian quote is right, note how they incorrectly refer to the “European court of human rights” emphasising Europe. A conflation between Europe and the EU worked in their favour as it’s simpler to present a single common enemy.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024