Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well, I think it would be fair to say 14:45 - Nov 16 with 2187 viewsTalkingBlues

that the break between league games did absolutely nothing to improve the team, or individuals. I had hoped that the likes of Chaplin/Harness/Burns showed up with a bit more spark, but alas not. The aspects of our play that have concerned me this season continue to be a theme and if anything, are worsening. The last 5 games have been mid-table form, attack and defence are underperforming by their own standards and also the leagues. We should be able to rule out fatigue as an excuse as the guys have had a break, but there's definitely something not right, the banter between players has died off and the performances with it, I hope there's nothing sinister underlying and it's just a confluence of unfortunate scenarios all hitting at once.

Chaplin hasn't scored in 2 months and is still top scorer in the club, that's a mental stat to be seeing in mid November IMO and we are conceding way more goals than we did in the first 10 games, despite our defenders being pretty much ever present. Another interesting snippet I noticed (the reason I looked for this, is because McK always talks about imposing our style on teams right from the off) we have scored first in 15 of the 18 games we've played, but we've only been leading at half time in 8 of our games.

It's not panic stations by any means, but where you would like to see consistency and improvement, we are seeing a drop off and that's a worry. The January transfer window looks to me like it is going to define our entire season, based on what I've seen from the 18 league games (and various cup games) to date.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 14:53 - Nov 16 with 2147 viewsSteve_M

You might just be reading a little too much into a disappointing result. A match we created enough chances to have been out of site within 30 minutes before making two bad errors to concede.

And then where we over-played rather than making good use of the ball second half. A lot of frustration on view from the players but no more than that. Chaplin hasn't scored recently but most of Ladapo's goals have come in that period and we're scoring regularly from set pieces.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 15:00 - Nov 16 with 2112 viewsTalkingBlues

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 14:53 - Nov 16 by Steve_M

You might just be reading a little too much into a disappointing result. A match we created enough chances to have been out of site within 30 minutes before making two bad errors to concede.

And then where we over-played rather than making good use of the ball second half. A lot of frustration on view from the players but no more than that. Chaplin hasn't scored recently but most of Ladapo's goals have come in that period and we're scoring regularly from set pieces.

Possibly true, I imagine it was a bit of wishful thinking on my behalf, that everything would have neatly dropped into place, just because we'd had a league week off.

The Cheltenham performance was consistent with what we had seen prior to the break in fairness, just not getting the points we should out of these games currently.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 15:06 - Nov 16 with 2090 viewsITFC_Forever

Isn't Ladapo two ahead of Chaplin (8 vs. 6 goals)?

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 15:41 - Nov 16 with 2028 viewsIllinoisblue

“The banter between players has died off” - world class analysis there. Opta to launch Xbantz stats later this season.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 15:43 - Nov 16 with 2023 viewsSpruceMoose

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 15:41 - Nov 16 by Illinoisblue

“The banter between players has died off” - world class analysis there. Opta to launch Xbantz stats later this season.

So this blip. by SpruceMoose 15 Nov 2022 21:43
If you're not enjoying your football now, especially after what we've endure over the last couple of decades, then I hate to break it to you, but you probably never will.

I know people like to compete for who can have the freshest take, but it's a shame if some folk are spoiling their own experience by having to become more and more negative just to have their opinion stand out from the crowd.

I suppose it's understandable in some ways - we've spent the last couple of decades living footballing equivalent of shopping for jewellery at Argos, and some haven't quite caught up to the idea that we are now can do better.

I'm not saying that the side doesn't have a few issues to sort, but for the first time in a long time I feel we have a leadership team who are well equipped to identify those problem areas and act on them. All this panic and stress isn't warranted, yet.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 16:31 - Nov 16 with 1909 viewsTalkingBlues

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 15:06 - Nov 16 by ITFC_Forever

Isn't Ladapo two ahead of Chaplin (8 vs. 6 goals)?

Both on 6 I thought? Chaplin all 6 in the League, with Ladapo on 5 League and 1 Cup?

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 16:36 - Nov 16 with 1880 viewsTalkingBlues

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 15:41 - Nov 16 by Illinoisblue

That would be a worthwhile addition, everybody loves the bantz.

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 16:37 - Nov 16 with 1875 viewsStokieBlue

One Makin is enough, we really don't need two.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Login to get fewer ads

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 16:43 - Nov 16 with 1827 viewsbraveblue

Awful lot of assumptions here. Second in league, dominating games, bit of luck we would be 5 points better off - let’s remember where we were over the past few years. We are fine and will be promoted this year.

No idea where the banter insight comes from!!!!!
Well, I think it would be fair to say on 16:43 - Nov 16 with 1827 viewsTalkingBlues

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 15:43 - Nov 16 by SpruceMoose

So this blip. by SpruceMoose 15 Nov 2022 21:43
If you're not enjoying your football now, especially after what we've endure over the last couple of decades, then I hate to break it to you, but you probably never will.

I know people like to compete for who can have the freshest take, but it's a shame if some folk are spoiling their own experience by having to become more and more negative just to have their opinion stand out from the crowd.

I suppose it's understandable in some ways - we've spent the last couple of decades living footballing equivalent of shopping for jewellery at Argos, and some haven't quite caught up to the idea that we are now can do better.

I'm not saying that the side doesn't have a few issues to sort, but for the first time in a long time I feel we have a leadership team who are well equipped to identify those problem areas and act on them. All this panic and stress isn't warranted, yet.

Maybe applies to some, but I don't feel like a part of that just yet.

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 16:44 - Nov 16 with 1819 viewsTalkingBlues

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 16:37 - Nov 16 by StokieBlue

One Makin is enough, we really don't need two.

SB

Who's Makin?

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 16:51 - Nov 16 with 1788 viewsFrimleyBlue

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 16:44 - Nov 16 by TalkingBlues

Who's Makin?

Someone SB said wasn't worth it. But then was first to name drop...

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 16:53 - Nov 16 with 1774 viewsTalkingBlues

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 16:51 - Nov 16 by FrimleyBlue

Still don't know who it is, but I'm getting a sense that the thread is about to get lively.

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 16:59 - Nov 16 with 1730 viewsFrimleyBlue

Imo we don't have partnerships flourishing in the right areas.

Donacien/Burns. Isn't as good as it was last season for various reasons. But that's one.

Harness and Chaplin don't get given the chance to create a long lasting partnership and you then bring in Edwards who doesn't quite seem to have a position yet.

Cbs.. it's ok. On the ball it works.. but it's not the right balance for me. Needs to be one of them with burgess so you have ball player alongside good old fashioned defending. But which one do you sacrifice?

Midfield has lost the midfielder with the most attacking passes in the league. That's always gonna be a killer. Hopefully humphreys is given a run of games now.

I still belive our biggest downfall is the lack of a stable lineup.. it can not help your confidence or composure with the ball to be in and out of the side.

But we've also seen some really bad drops in individual form. Walton has had a mare this past month. Donacien has looked ropey. Burns has looked average all season imo.

Personally feel we just need to give a run of games to those in the 10s.. ideally Edwards with Harness or Chaplin. And break that cb pairing and we might start seeing cleansheets again.

Waka waka eh eh

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 17:09 - Nov 16 with 1677 viewsSpruceMoose

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 16:59 - Nov 16 by FrimleyBlue

Imo we don't have partnerships flourishing in the right areas.

Donacien/Burns. Isn't as good as it was last season for various reasons. But that's one.

Harness and Chaplin don't get given the chance to create a long lasting partnership and you then bring in Edwards who doesn't quite seem to have a position yet.

Cbs.. it's ok. On the ball it works.. but it's not the right balance for me. Needs to be one of them with burgess so you have ball player alongside good old fashioned defending. But which one do you sacrifice?

Midfield has lost the midfielder with the most attacking passes in the league. That's always gonna be a killer. Hopefully humphreys is given a run of games now.

I still belive our biggest downfall is the lack of a stable lineup.. it can not help your confidence or composure with the ball to be in and out of the side.

But we've also seen some really bad drops in individual form. Walton has had a mare this past month. Donacien has looked ropey. Burns has looked average all season imo.

Personally feel we just need to give a run of games to those in the 10s.. ideally Edwards with Harness or Chaplin. And break that cb pairing and we might start seeing cleansheets again.

Still, at least we are 2nd eh?

And I'm confident that any issues we do have will be sorted by McKenna.

No need for panic and ever increasingly hot takes.

Enjoy the ride.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Ignore him Frimmers. (n/t) on 17:10 - Nov 16 with 1668 viewsBloots

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 16:51 - Nov 16 by FrimleyBlue

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 17:28 - Nov 16 with 1607 viewsFrimleyBlue

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 17:09 - Nov 16 by SpruceMoose

Still, at least we are 2nd eh?

And I'm confident that any issues we do have will be sorted by McKenna.

No need for panic and ever increasingly hot takes.

Enjoy the ride.

Where the hot take within the reply Spruce?

Waka waka eh eh

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 18:02 - Nov 16 with 1556 viewsBlueBadger

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 16:44 - Nov 16 by TalkingBlues

Who's Makin?

You wouldn't like him. Very smarmy.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 18:05 - Nov 16 with 1546 viewsBlueBadger

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 16:43 - Nov 16 by TalkingBlues

Maybe applies to some, but I don't feel like a part of that just yet.

Christ alive.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 18:17 - Nov 16 with 1517 viewsBlueBadger

If only we were marooned in mid table with a clueless manager, eh?

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 18:18 - Nov 16 with 1511 viewsBlueBadger

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 14:53 - Nov 16 by Steve_M

Someone on TWTD overthinking something? This sounds unlikely.

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 18:34 - Nov 16 with 1468 viewsDubtractor

This the latest of your overwhelmingly negatives takes on the team?

If you can't enjoy watching us this season, then God knows what you've made of the last 6 or 7 seasons.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Well, I think it would be fair to say on 18:54 - Nov 16 with 1418 viewsbilllm

Those three have been a disappointment in the last 4-5 weeks
Well, I think it would be fair to say on 19:45 - Nov 16 with 1303 viewsTheBoyBlue

Fair points I think. I'd rather nip it in the bud before they become really big issues, rather than just carrying on going on about us still being second (for now). Luckily though, I'm confident that McKenna and the team will be looking at it and trying to find ways to rectify it.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024