Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Full Time thoughts. 22:07 - Nov 7 with 1610 viewsFrimleyBlue

Forgetting who we were playing. My summary is purely based on individual performances.

Hladky. Not alot to do. But on occasions there were balls that you'd expect a keeper to come for but he was reluctant to leave his line... would like to see him progress on this.

Donacien.. solid game overall. Didn't allow them many opportunities and overlapped well on occasions. Think he and Jackson could be more of a threat together with more time together.

Keogh. Some great headers, felt like he organised the box well but he was nervy with the ball. Got better as the game went on but was not comfortable when pressed.. definitely not one of regular first team football imo.

Burgess. Solid enough. Similar to Keough with some nervy ball playing. But good to see him back and much needed for those certain types of games.

Jackson.. gets in some great positions. Needs to look up more when drilling the ball in. Needs to work on partnership with Donacien.

Morsy... another solid output. Felt he could have offered himself more and be more direct but overall OK.

Ball... another appearance where he really doesn't appear to show how he has so many championship appearances to his name. He was slow. Pedestrian. Ignored KMs instructions on numerous occasions and just doesn't appear to be a team player. We need Evans back if we aren't going to go with Humphreys.

Humphreys.. what a player. I said a couple weeks ago I'd like to see him in the 10 role.. but he's not quite ready for it. Opportunities to score or get shots but understandably that confidence isn't there and he wanted to take a touch which you don't always get in the 10 role. Dropping him back showed him at his best. He can find a yard. Ping the ball around and shows such a mature understanding with weight of passing.

Ladapo.. felt he played the occasion in the opening period. Floated around and was trying to goad the defence it seemed.. halftime talk seemed to have woken him up as he came out looking for spaces etc.

Edwards.. tough one this. Did well. Felt he could have done a lot more, when he's wide on the left it doesn't suit him, when he came inside he was dangerous.

Kvy. Really good outing. Rolled back his town years with his appearance. What great coverage we have for either side.

Don't think I've missed anyone.
All in all. We got the job done. Felt first half we were scared and to many players were seeing through the game. 2nd half, whilst Bracknell tired.. it also helped that we upped our tempo from midfield.

Great night. Great to see the town. Great hospitality.

Coyb.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Full Time thoughts. on 22:42 - Nov 7 with 1394 viewsRyorry

How did Ball ignore KM's instructions?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Full Time thoughts. on 07:48 - Nov 8 with 1097 viewsWallingford_Boy

Thought Burgess and Keogh were rocks, Jackson offered little and Morsy very quiet.

Bracknell fans were brilliant, never known such a friendly bunch.

RIP Sir Bobby

Full Time thoughts. on 07:52 - Nov 8 with 1080 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I’d take issue with a couple of your observations.

Hladky did absolutely fine. Really not sure what crosses you think he should have claimed. They barely put a cross in all night and he stood up to the corners just fine,

Not sure how you reach the conclusion that Ball is not a team player. He does a lot of the dirty work in front of the back 4. Yes some of his passing was poor but he wasn’t alone in that.

Poll: Our final position

Full Time thoughts. on 07:54 - Nov 8 with 1066 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Good view of things there. Disagree a little on Hadlaky, think most of the stuff he could have come for was stuff that was a little 60/40 against him. Plus he's really not a sweeper keeper in the same mould as Walton.

Just one other point. "Great hospitality.", You went?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Full Time thoughts. on 07:57 - Nov 8 with 1047 viewsMetal_Hacker

"Edwards.. tough one this. Did well. Felt he could have done a lot more, when he's wide on the left it doesn't suit him, when he came inside he was dangerous"

That's his best position / asset

When he's on the left and cuts inside - his best work is on the left

Him and Davis in the League recently have built up a great understanding and are very dangerous

Poll: If it were one or the other

Full Time thoughts. on 08:04 - Nov 8 with 1010 viewsFrimleyBlue

Full Time thoughts. on 07:57 - Nov 8 by Metal_Hacker

"Edwards.. tough one this. Did well. Felt he could have done a lot more, when he's wide on the left it doesn't suit him, when he came inside he was dangerous"

That's his best position / asset

When he's on the left and cuts inside - his best work is on the left

Him and Davis in the League recently have built up a great understanding and are very dangerous

Sorry Metal. Don't think I explained that part well. I agree with what you are saying.. when he cuts in that's when he's most dangerous.. but when he was looking to stay wide and go byline I felt he ran into trouble a bit to much. KVY 2nd half became his Davis which helped and created better pockets of space inside. First half KVY took a while to get forward and give him the overlap option imo.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Full Time thoughts. on 08:07 - Nov 8 with 973 viewsMetal_Hacker

Full Time thoughts. on 08:04 - Nov 8 by FrimleyBlue

Sorry Metal. Don't think I explained that part well. I agree with what you are saying.. when he cuts in that's when he's most dangerous.. but when he was looking to stay wide and go byline I felt he ran into trouble a bit to much. KVY 2nd half became his Davis which helped and created better pockets of space inside. First half KVY took a while to get forward and give him the overlap option imo.

Oh right ok cool I see where you're coming from and agree to a point

In addition it's superb how he's starting to flourish with a "run of games" now

I think the best is yet to come from him

With the likes of Edwards and Humphreys ticking along nicely, we play some attractive and exciting stuff (and throw into the equation Davis running up and down the line)

Poll: If it were one or the other

Full Time thoughts. on 08:08 - Nov 8 with 970 viewsIpswichKnight

Harsh on Hladky, thought he looked much more comfortable on the ball and made a good save under his bar/ post right at the end as well.

Burgess was a rock and looked better as the game went on including a left footed cross field ball that Lee Evans would have been proud of.
Login to get fewer ads

Full Time thoughts. on 08:34 - Nov 8 with 884 viewsRobTheMonk

Thought Hladky did everything that was required of him and had a few impressive quick distributions. Hard game to give judgement on him as there wasn't a huge amount for him to do, but what he did do, he did well enough (including one massive punch away).

Keogh, for an old guard type of player didn't fill me with confidence when on the ball. Played a few nightmare balls to our midfielders; one to Humphries in the second half springs to mind when Hump had moved into centre mid. It was only his excellent close control that saved a dodgy pass.

Ball was having a mare in that first half. Reminded me of Special Brew Berra vs Lincoln although not as bad (I don't think I've ever seen a professional footballer have as bad a half as Berra in that game).

Humphries looked very good when moved into the centre. Started moving it quickly; get the ball, pass the ball, move. Created lots of space.

Good win, but I can't help feel like we lacked intensity. Brackley came to play and it wasn't a shut-up shop job like Cambridge did.
Full Time thoughts. on 08:45 - Nov 8 with 839 viewsChrisd

All opinions I know, so naturally there will be differing views, but I thought your comments on Hladky were harsh, he did everything he needed to and looked comfortable with the ball at his feet, which we know is a strength of his game. I didn't see too many balls he needed to come for and I'd rather him stay on his line if he doesn't need to come for them. They put a really good in-swinging corner in on him in the second half and he made a terrific punch. I couldn't fault him on what he had to deal with. He looked calm and assured, what you'd want from your keeper.

Burgess was my MoM last night, thought he had a very impressive game especially during that first 50-55mins when we weren't overly imposing ourselves. I was impressed with his willingness to bring the ball out and he made some solid and fair challenges. One cross field ball he hit in the second half was sublime.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024