Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It is now an inescapable fact that this government is not capable of governing 19:48 - Oct 19 with 790 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

the country. There just has to be a GE.

Poll: would you rather

It is now an inescapable fact that this government is not capable of governing on 20:07 - Oct 19 with 742 viewsnoggin

Yeah but Corbyn 🙄

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

It is now an inescapable fact that this government is not capable of governing on 20:15 - Oct 19 with 726 viewsSwansea_Blue

They haven't been for a while imo (zombie government through a big chunk of this year, total distraction on Brexit, etc.). There's so much that's been shelved or put back.

It's difficult to know where the line is, as partisan feelings get in the way and so blur judgement. But surely we have to have crossed the line by now? I don't know what the mechanism is for a GE though - it has to come from the Tories doesn't it? And there's no way they'd do that now as they'd get absolutely battered.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

It is now an inescapable fact that this government is not capable of governing on 20:19 - Oct 19 with 722 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

It is now an inescapable fact that this government is not capable of governing on 20:15 - Oct 19 by Swansea_Blue

They haven't been for a while imo (zombie government through a big chunk of this year, total distraction on Brexit, etc.). There's so much that's been shelved or put back.

It's difficult to know where the line is, as partisan feelings get in the way and so blur judgement. But surely we have to have crossed the line by now? I don't know what the mechanism is for a GE though - it has to come from the Tories doesn't it? And there's no way they'd do that now as they'd get absolutely battered.

I can't quite remember the sequence of events that led to Heath calling a GE in what was it 72 or 73? but when the government has clearly lost the plot, isn't that the only logical next step?

It is now an inescapable fact that this government is not capable of governing on 20:26 - Oct 19 with 699 viewsSwansea_Blue

It is now an inescapable fact that this government is not capable of governing on 20:19 - Oct 19 by LegendofthePhoenix

I can't quite remember the sequence of events that led to Heath calling a GE in what was it 72 or 73? but when the government has clearly lost the plot, isn't that the only logical next step?

I was 3* at the time, so had other things on my mind!

It seems logical doesn't it? If the Parliament worked to serve the country, you'd think there would be a way of putting this lot out of their (and our) misery.

*edited - thanks Guthrum
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 20:33]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

It is now an inescapable fact that this government is not capable of governing on 20:29 - Oct 19 with 688 viewsGuthrum

It is now an inescapable fact that this government is not capable of governing on 20:19 - Oct 19 by LegendofthePhoenix

Heath called a General Election in February 1974 in the face of an economic crisis (driven by OPEC increasing the price of oil in the aftermath of the Yom Kippur War) and a miners strike. He had a fairly slim majority and wanted to bolster his position.

It backfired, resulting in a Hung Parliament with Labour the largest party and the Liberals unwilling to go into coalition with Heath, resulting in the fall of his Government.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

It is now an inescapable fact that this government is not capable of governing on 20:40 - Oct 19 with 632 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

It is now an inescapable fact that this government is not capable of governing on 20:29 - Oct 19 by Guthrum

Heath called a General Election in February 1974 in the face of an economic crisis (driven by OPEC increasing the price of oil in the aftermath of the Yom Kippur War) and a miners strike. He had a fairly slim majority and wanted to bolster his position.

It backfired, resulting in a Hung Parliament with Labour the largest party and the Liberals unwilling to go into coalition with Heath, resulting in the fall of his Government.

yes, that's it thanks. At least Heath had the integrity to put it to the country. The current bunch don't even have that.

It is now an inescapable fact that this government is not capable of governing on 20:57 - Oct 19 with 570 viewsericclacton

Yeah but you say that, i mean what is it with ignorant working classes voting for a bunch of millionaires billionaires crooks con men / women, they even have old people who ride bicycles and disabled carts voting for then because the british press stinks and tell lies......they are all a bunch of nutters the mp jerks and the electorate, i mean first passed the post what kind of con job is that........rule brittania my Rs.

It is now an inescapable fact that this government is not capable of governing on 21:13 - Oct 19 with 520 viewsEwan_Oozami

It is now an inescapable fact that this government is not capable of governing on 20:57 - Oct 19 by ericclacton

Yeah but you say that, i mean what is it with ignorant working classes voting for a bunch of millionaires billionaires crooks con men / women, they even have old people who ride bicycles and disabled carts voting for then because the british press stinks and tell lies......they are all a bunch of nutters the mp jerks and the electorate, i mean first passed the post what kind of con job is that........rule brittania my Rs.

Well said...though you've missed out the appropriate music vid...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Login to get fewer ads

It is now an inescapable fact that this government is not capable of governing on 21:17 - Oct 19 with 516 viewsXYZ

Miners' strikes, three-day-weeks candles and power cuts.

Heath lost a vote of confidence. I think, like Theresa May, he was dependent upon the Northern Irish unionists and they let him sink.
It is now an inescapable fact that this government is not capable of governing on 21:23 - Oct 19 with 479 viewsElderGrizzly

They are literally man handling people into a vote

And now the Chief Whip has resigned

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024