Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No salary cap. We just need a capable manager 15:43 - Feb 9 with 612 viewschrismakin

There will be no excuses for failure to go up next season.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

No salary cap. We just need a capable manager on 15:48 - Feb 9 with 596 viewsMookamoo

Maybe this is the news Evans was waiting for, so he knew what the next manager will be working with.

Maybe....
No salary cap. We just need a capable manager on 15:50 - Feb 9 with 584 viewsTieDyedIn95

Excellent news.

Always thought the cap felt more like the Coop trying to tell Tesco what it could pay its staff rather than trying to do anything to prevent clubs going under. The clubs with bigger incomes and better credit should be able to afford better players and more wages, that's how capitalism works, love it, or loathe it.

We hear a lot of scare stories about clubs going under, but I think we have lost about 3 professional clubs in my lifetime in Bury, Wimbledon and Chester? Wimbledon was stolen. How many have we lost in recent years compared to years previous? If you look through the record books there are loads of clubs who have since bit the dust but not many since the 1980s to my recollection, I could be wrong. Even the basket cases in Bolton, Pompey, Wigan, Luton, Blackpool and Charlton still exist for example.

This is good news for Town, now that cloud has lifted lets just get one with the job and get promoted. If Lambert can't do it, then find someone who can.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

No salary cap. We just need a capable manager on 15:51 - Feb 9 with 575 viewsBlueBadger

Don't worry, there'll be plenty of excuses.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

No salary cap. We just need a capable manager on 15:52 - Feb 9 with 576 viewsBlueBadger

No salary cap. We just need a capable manager on 15:50 - Feb 9 by TieDyedIn95

Excellent news.

Always thought the cap felt more like the Coop trying to tell Tesco what it could pay its staff rather than trying to do anything to prevent clubs going under. The clubs with bigger incomes and better credit should be able to afford better players and more wages, that's how capitalism works, love it, or loathe it.

We hear a lot of scare stories about clubs going under, but I think we have lost about 3 professional clubs in my lifetime in Bury, Wimbledon and Chester? Wimbledon was stolen. How many have we lost in recent years compared to years previous? If you look through the record books there are loads of clubs who have since bit the dust but not many since the 1980s to my recollection, I could be wrong. Even the basket cases in Bolton, Pompey, Wigan, Luton, Blackpool and Charlton still exist for example.

This is good news for Town, now that cloud has lifted lets just get one with the job and get promoted. If Lambert can't do it, then find someone who can.

It means we probably won't get relegated to the 4th division next season as Lambert will be able to bloat the squad out enough to fluke a few results again rather have to rely on his coaching, motivational and tactical skills.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

No salary cap. We just need a capable manager on 15:58 - Feb 9 with 566 viewsTieDyedIn95

No salary cap. We just need a capable manager on 15:52 - Feb 9 by BlueBadger

It means we probably won't get relegated to the 4th division next season as Lambert will be able to bloat the squad out enough to fluke a few results again rather have to rely on his coaching, motivational and tactical skills.

Given our squad has been bloated and full of loans for well over a decade now, I am not sure you are aiming your anger at the right culprit there. They say they are doing otherwise, but the form suggests this is standard MO from the club given that every window it's the same and we've had however managers in that time. Not excusing Lambert, but this has been going on for years.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

No salary cap. We just need a capable manager on 16:01 - Feb 9 with 542 viewsnoggin

Bloody loveleh. Watt!! 👁👌

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

No salary cap. We just need a capable manager on 16:12 - Feb 9 with 504 viewsParky

No salary cap. We just need a capable manager on 15:48 - Feb 9 by Mookamoo

Maybe this is the news Evans was waiting for, so he knew what the next manager will be working with.

Maybe....

I imagine with this news, Evans is thinking the exact opposite.

Spending his money to offer Edwards etc new deals, the last thing he’d want to do is spend even more on paying off Lambert.

I’d absolutely love nothing more than to be proved wrong, but I sadly think we’re stuck with him.
No salary cap. We just need a capable manager on 16:14 - Feb 9 with 495 viewsFixed_It

No salary cap. We just need a capable manager on 15:51 - Feb 9 by BlueBadger

Don't worry, there'll be plenty of excuses.

I prefer your Covid posts. Your football ones are repetitive and depressing...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

No salary cap. We just need a capable manager on 16:18 - Feb 9 with 479 viewsBlueBadger

No salary cap. We just need a capable manager on 15:58 - Feb 9 by TieDyedIn95

Given our squad has been bloated and full of loans for well over a decade now, I am not sure you are aiming your anger at the right culprit there. They say they are doing otherwise, but the form suggests this is standard MO from the club given that every window it's the same and we've had however managers in that time. Not excusing Lambert, but this has been going on for years.

We've generally only been bloated with loans when we've had incompetent managers though.

Ah.

No salary cap. We just need a capable manager on 16:18 - Feb 9 with 478 viewsBlueBadger

No salary cap. We just need a capable manager on 16:14 - Feb 9 by Fixed_It

I prefer your Covid posts. Your football ones are repetitive and depressing...

My football posts tends to echo the football on show...

No salary cap. We just need a capable manager on 16:39 - Feb 9 with 444 viewsdeano85

Shame this wasnt announced 2 weeks ago...
However, watch as all our stars now get them well earned contracts they need...
FRICKIN LOVELY!! on 16:43 - Feb 9 with 427 viewsunstableblue

wooop wooop... best news for Town in a while, completely changes the game

hopefully Marcus still has appetite to keep funding this club

and unless we see SIGNIFICANT progress in team performance, unlikely, an appetite to change and fund a new manager to drive this team up into the championship

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

No salary cap. We just need a capable manager on 16:47 - Feb 9 with 419 viewsChondzoresk

No excuse, but we might still go up this season. Just being positive.
No salary cap. We just need a capable manager on 16:55 - Feb 9 with 402 viewsDyland

No salary cap. We just need a capable manager on 16:12 - Feb 9 by Parky

I imagine with this news, Evans is thinking the exact opposite.

Spending his money to offer Edwards etc new deals, the last thing he’d want to do is spend even more on paying off Lambert.

I’d absolutely love nothing more than to be proved wrong, but I sadly think we’re stuck with him.

My immediate thought too.

Evans can write off this season and hope for the best next season, with Lambert et al. Maybe wait until January 2022 to finally fire him IF (lolcough) we're mid table....

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

No salary cap. We just need a capable manager on 16:57 - Feb 9 with 396 viewssouthnorfolkblue

No salary cap. We just need a capable manager on 15:50 - Feb 9 by TieDyedIn95

Excellent news.

It does mean that Lambert will be here for the season, because the implications of not getting promoted are now less severe, so Evans will surely sit tight until the summer

Poll: Our final position

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024