Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Better. 20:37 - Feb 6 with 781 viewshomer_123

An improvement...without a doubt.

A difference two young, forward thinking, fullbacks make.

The team did feel more balanced...far from perfect...but I thought players supported each other well. Impressed with Downes and Dozzel...thought Downes was very good today.

Newbies did well...like Thomas...busy and direct. Parrot did well...some lovely runs off the ball...hold up play good snd some nice touches.

Even a shout to Judge....took the goal well and the control of that high ball from our new RB was classy...a significant improvement from him.

We still looked a little open at times and had we been playing Posh or Donny might well have come unstuck early doors.

Mr Evans....if you wish to know what green shoots look like...you would have seen them today.

We are coming from such a low bar I am not going to get carried away...this team needs to gel and they are young.

We should have had more today...Sears, also playing very well, could have scored and we certainly deserved more than 2.

In isolation a good performance and result....let's hope we build on it.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Better. on 20:45 - Feb 6 with 746 viewspointofblue

I have to say Kenlock surprised me today, in a good way - especially in the second half. He seemed to have a spark which has been missing for too long.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Better. on 20:51 - Feb 6 with 725 viewsRobTheMonk

Dynamic fullbacks and Judge not playing on the wing makes such a difference. Judge had one of his best games for a long time today.

Also, Downes playing more defensive than Dozzell makes such a difference.

Good performance but the real test comes midweek providing snow doesn't stop the game.
Better. on 21:17 - Feb 6 with 643 viewsBugs

I agree with pretty much all of that.

Until these types of performances become the norm rather than an outlier, especially against the top teams, I'm still sceptical we will make the top 6 with Lambert in charge.
Better. on 21:19 - Feb 6 with 634 viewsFixed_It

Better. on 20:45 - Feb 6 by pointofblue

I have to say Kenlock surprised me today, in a good way - especially in the second half. He seemed to have a spark which has been missing for too long.

He's i.pressed in training too, apparently. Long may it continue.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Better. on 21:20 - Feb 6 with 637 viewsMrTown

I do agree.

As I said, that has to be the benchmark.

That has to be the norm with odd poor display now and again. Not poor displays been the norm with the odd good performance.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Better. on 21:35 - Feb 6 with 614 viewsunstableblue

Good post. Agree with all that.

As you say in isolation a great performance and what should be the norm at this level. If we don’t build on it, it remains a positive blip only.

I found Judges interview positive, as described that they’ve been working on ways to improve going forward, different roles and it paid off. Gill said Friday that has been the focus of the week.

One point today is I actually the passing along the back and with keeper; as it was ending with the improved full backs moving forward, links with midfield and forward runs from centre backs. Rather than aimless possession.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Better. on 21:43 - Feb 6 with 581 viewsbluewark

Even if we want Lambert out , we can celebrate a win and commend the team for having a good game.
Better. on 22:05 - Feb 6 with 521 viewsGuthrum

Much what I thought. Decent performance and a good win. The new boys did well. We saw the best of Judge. All round not bad.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024