Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” 10:41 - Oct 2 with 5700 viewsSitfcB

“I mean come on, he’s a kid and he hasn’t been about it, he’s nowhere near ready.”

He did well in his cameo appearances towards the end of the season the other year, when Mick left, hasn’t had a sniff since. Klug chucked him in, for nothing games I know.

No one said we’ve got to ‘rely’ on him but would be an option on the bench for a couple of games and see how he does if he were to come on.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2020 10:42]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 10:45 - Oct 2 with 2789 viewsParsley

I think the point is that if he's on the bench and Hawkins gets injured then he has to take on the responsibility of playing as the lone striker. Lambert clearly doesn't feel like he's ready for that yet whether that's right or not I don't know.
“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 10:45 - Oct 2 with 2785 viewsTrumptonBlue

Quite a vote of no confidence, wasn't it? Obviously, I don't know what conversations they've had in private, but it must be quite dispiriting to hear that.

Also, he's 21.
“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 10:45 - Oct 2 with 2786 viewsElderGrizzly

Appalling man management again, especially as we don’t have many other options.

It should be “take your chance”, not you have no f*cking chance
“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 10:46 - Oct 2 with 2767 viewsrickw

So many youngsters aren't thought to be ready then get thrown in because of no choice and they take their chance. Folami is 21 and if he's nowhere near ready now I doubt he ever will be
[Post edited 2 Oct 2020 10:47]

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 10:49 - Oct 2 with 2745 viewsSwailsey

PL is a bellend.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 10:52 - Oct 2 with 2718 viewsBrixtonBlue

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 10:45 - Oct 2 by ElderGrizzly

Appalling man management again, especially as we don’t have many other options.

It should be “take your chance”, not you have no f*cking chance

What do you know about man management? How is it appalling to tell a youngster he isn't ready yet?! If anything that surely fires him up to work harder?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 10:52 - Oct 2 with 2714 viewsmarchy

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 10:46 - Oct 2 by rickw

So many youngsters aren't thought to be ready then get thrown in because of no choice and they take their chance. Folami is 21 and if he's nowhere near ready now I doubt he ever will be
[Post edited 2 Oct 2020 10:47]

This "just a kid" rubbish seems to be wheeled out time and time again, he was saying the same thing about Drinan the other week too and he's older still. I'm not sure at what age it stops applying, but surely it's about ability and potential and choosing to have faith in it in as many cases as it's about them being thrown in. We chose to have Darren Bent and Darren Ambrose leading our line before they were 20, and I don't remember either of them wetting themselves or wanting their mums at any point of the season.
“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 10:53 - Oct 2 with 2702 viewsSitfcB

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 10:52 - Oct 2 by BrixtonBlue

What do you know about man management? How is it appalling to tell a youngster he isn't ready yet?! If anything that surely fires him up to work harder?

As pointed out, he’s 21.

Effectively broke into the first team in 2017/18, not a sniff since.

COYB

Login to get fewer ads

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 10:54 - Oct 2 with 2699 viewsBrixtonBlue

My wonder is if Folami isn't ready, Hawkins gets injured, Freddie is seen as a wide man, and we can't afford to bring anyone in... then who the feck plays there?!

In fact why didn't the reporter ask that?!

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 10:55 - Oct 2 with 2695 viewsElderGrizzly

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 10:52 - Oct 2 by BrixtonBlue

What do I know about man management? I do it everyday but no...

He’s 21, not a kid and no-one says we need to rely on him. He would be a more than adequate cover according to Joe
“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 10:56 - Oct 2 with 2686 viewsBrixtonBlue

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 10:53 - Oct 2 by SitfcB

As pointed out, he’s 21.

Effectively broke into the first team in 2017/18, not a sniff since.

Don't get me wrong, I like what I've seen of him. I don't see him every day in training though.

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 11:00 - Oct 2 with 2662 viewsHarry_Palmer

Agreed, a strange comment but then we have come to expect them from Lambert.

From what I have seen from Folami he could certainly 'do a job' for us if called upon. You have to also say that if he is 'nowhere near ready' to play league One Football at age 21, then he is probably not going to make the grade, full stop.
“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 11:01 - Oct 2 with 2654 viewsBrixtonBlue

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 10:55 - Oct 2 by ElderGrizzly

What do I know about man management? I do it everyday but no...

He’s 21, not a kid and no-one says we need to rely on him. He would be a more than adequate cover according to Joe

It was a genuine question, fair enough if you do manage people. You still think telling someone they're not quite ready yet is "appalling man management"?!

"He would be a more than adequate cover according to Joe."

Haha, oh well, that's that then!
[Post edited 2 Oct 2020 11:05]

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 11:03 - Oct 2 with 2646 viewsBrixtonBlue

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 11:00 - Oct 2 by Harry_Palmer

Agreed, a strange comment but then we have come to expect them from Lambert.

From what I have seen from Folami he could certainly 'do a job' for us if called upon. You have to also say that if he is 'nowhere near ready' to play league One Football at age 21, then he is probably not going to make the grade, full stop.

It's not about being 'nowhere near ready' to play league One Football, it was specifically in relation to the loan striker role in a 4-3-3. How many times have you seen him play that?!

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 11:06 - Oct 2 with 2628 viewsSitfcB

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 11:03 - Oct 2 by BrixtonBlue

It's not about being 'nowhere near ready' to play league One Football, it was specifically in relation to the loan striker role in a 4-3-3. How many times have you seen him play that?!

It’s definitely meant as ‘no where near ready’ to play League 1 football.

COYB

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 11:07 - Oct 2 with 2619 viewsSitfcB

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 11:01 - Oct 2 by BrixtonBlue

It was a genuine question, fair enough if you do manage people. You still think telling someone they're not quite ready yet is "appalling man management"?!

"He would be a more than adequate cover according to Joe."

Haha, oh well, that's that then!
[Post edited 2 Oct 2020 11:05]

I’d take Joe’s opinion over Lamberts.

COYB

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 11:08 - Oct 2 with 2615 viewsSitfcB

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 10:56 - Oct 2 by BrixtonBlue

Don't get me wrong, I like what I've seen of him. I don't see him every day in training though.

Nor does Lambert I imagine.

COYB

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 11:11 - Oct 2 with 2587 viewsBrixtonBlue

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 11:06 - Oct 2 by SitfcB

It’s definitely meant as ‘no where near ready’ to play League 1 football.

Nope. You are definitely wrong.

"Youngster Ben Folami would appear to be the next in line to come into the reckoning in Norwood’s absence but the Town manager says that’s too much responsibility to put on the young Australian’s shoulders at this point in his development.

“You can’t really on Ben Folami,” he said. “I mean come on, he’s a kid and he hasn’t been about it, he’s nowhere near ready.

“Ben hopefully will go out on loan. Aaron has obviously done really well since he’s been in, Freddie [Sears]’s best position for me is wide, I know he can do centre forward, but you can't go on kids. There’s no way. They haven’t even been round about it yet.”

He was specifically talking about that position.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2020 11:12]

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 11:14 - Oct 2 with 2558 viewsBrixtonBlue

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 11:07 - Oct 2 by SitfcB

I’d take Joe’s opinion over Lamberts.

hahahah, course you would. An experienced professional football manager who sees the player every day in training, or Joe, who certainly knows a lot about the youngsters, but is a builder from Ipswich.

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 11:15 - Oct 2 with 2552 viewsSwailsey

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 11:14 - Oct 2 by BrixtonBlue

hahahah, course you would. An experienced professional football manager who sees the player every day in training, or Joe, who certainly knows a lot about the youngsters, but is a builder from Ipswich.

Hi Paul!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 11:15 - Oct 2 with 2549 viewsBrixtonBlue

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 11:08 - Oct 2 by SitfcB

Nor does Lambert I imagine.

You're just being silly now Sitters.

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 11:16 - Oct 2 with 2533 viewsBluefish

PRP really hates playing the kids, not sure it is up for debate

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 11:17 - Oct 2 with 2528 viewsBrixtonBlue

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 11:16 - Oct 2 by Bluefish

PRP really hates playing the kids, not sure it is up for debate

Apart from the ones he actually plays.

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 11:18 - Oct 2 with 2527 viewsclive_baker

Questionable talking in such terms publicly about young players like that IMO. I don't disagree with the sentiment but PL doesn't have the most tactful way with words at times. He's right though, I think supporters forget how different it is playing senior football in L1 vs academy football. It's chalk & cheese. These young lads all need to go out on loan and start playing first team football somewhere if they're not going to play here. Folami, Ndaba, Morris when fit, Nydam, McGavin. Get them all out.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 11:20 - Oct 2 with 2511 viewshomer_123

The same applies here that I've said for any manager at any point.

I really don't give a rats arse what our manager 'says' - I'm interested in what happens 'on the pitch'.

We are currently sitting at the top of the table having played 3 and won 3, scored 6 concede 0.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024