Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our lack of testing laid bare 14:01 - Apr 18 with 2020 viewsElderGrizzly

This Government is criminally incompetent
Our lack of testing laid bare on 14:05 - Apr 18 with 1617 viewsmonytowbray

Bloody hell even Peston the Sound Bite Relayer is turning.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Our lack of testing laid bare on 14:06 - Apr 18 with 1614 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Ah but our death rate isn't … oh …

well no one said to test … oh, except WHO.

… but the tests might not have been accurate. That's the one. No test is better than a bad test just as no deal is better than a bad deal. Now let's forget it all and just get Brexit done. Every country has suffered, let's not make the Government's handling of it all political now.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Our lack of testing laid bare on 14:06 - Apr 18 with 1615 viewspointofblue

Why is France so low as well? I presume the delay due to the herd immunity belief meant we didn’t order the number of tests we should have done though now the issue seems to be getting people to the test sites.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Our lack of testing laid bare on 14:09 - Apr 18 with 1589 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Our lack of testing laid bare on 14:06 - Apr 18 by pointofblue

Why is France so low as well? I presume the delay due to the herd immunity belief meant we didn’t order the number of tests we should have done though now the issue seems to be getting people to the test sites.

Is that what the issue is?

Who is being offered the tests? How far do they need to travel to get them? What about people with symptoms self-isolating at home?

It is almost as if these questions have not been clearly answered in order to allow the excuse that people didn't bother.

Our lack of testing laid bare on 14:15 - Apr 18 with 1558 viewsLankHenners

Blatant, unwelcome, unpatriotic political point scoring. Gulag time for Peston.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Our lack of testing laid bare on 14:15 - Apr 18 with 1561 viewspointofblue

Our lack of testing laid bare on 14:09 - Apr 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

Is that what the issue is?

Who is being offered the tests? How far do they need to travel to get them? What about people with symptoms self-isolating at home?

It is almost as if these questions have not been clearly answered in order to allow the excuse that people didn't bother.

They’re exactly the question being asked now – WHY aren’t people being tested rather than WHERE are the testing kits. Again, it can hardly be said the government is coming out of this well.

Our lack of testing laid bare on 14:18 - Apr 18 with 1542 viewsWD19

Our lack of testing laid bare on 14:05 - Apr 18 by monytowbray

Bloody hell even Peston the Sound Bite Relayer is turning.

The only sound bites Peston relays are the ones he wrote for himself the day before.
Our lack of testing laid bare on 14:32 - Apr 18 with 1496 viewspointofblue

This might be the wrong place to ask but what’s the difference between tests and People tested? As of 9am today the U.K. has carried out 460,437 tests but only 357,023 people have been tested. Answering my own question, I assume that means a few people are being tested more than once?

Login to get fewer ads

Our lack of testing laid bare on 14:33 - Apr 18 with 1499 viewsElephantintheRoom

There is no point in testing for testing's sake. If you take a test and are virus clear... you may have got it by the time you get the results in a country where no effective isolation is being carried out.

The holy grail at the moment is to test those in hospital who may or may not have it... fair enough... but patients will be treated regardless.... and i doubt sneezy, coughing NHS workers will rush back to work anyway.

Much more important is to test vulnerable people and their carers where they might actually catch it.... in the community, care homes, cared for in their own homes etc.alas we dont have the testing capacity to do this, shameful though that is.

So our government for better or for worse has allowed the virus to get into the country unchecked and is waiting whilst it spreads around the community..... it might even be a good strategy. But hey nobody cares because the stay at home mantra is working - and those who are being invited to catch the virus are even clappingdutifully on thursday nights.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Our lack of testing laid bare on 14:43 - Apr 18 with 1480 viewsPinewoodblue

Our lack of testing laid bare on 14:32 - Apr 18 by pointofblue

This might be the wrong place to ask but what’s the difference between tests and People tested? As of 9am today the U.K. has carried out 460,437 tests but only 357,023 people have been tested. Answering my own question, I assume that means a few people are being tested more than once?

Earlier this year my mother was admitted into Addenbrookes on two occasions, each time she was tested. Her death early March was not coronavirus related although she did have underlying medical conditions they frequently refer to.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Our lack of testing laid bare on 14:43 - Apr 18 with 1472 viewslongtimefan

Our lack of testing laid bare on 14:32 - Apr 18 by pointofblue

It does indeed. Explicitly mentioned on the following link:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
Our lack of testing laid bare on 14:45 - Apr 18 with 1462 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Our lack of testing laid bare on 14:43 - Apr 18 by Pinewoodblue

Earlier this year my mother was admitted into Addenbrookes on two occasions, each time she was tested. Her death early March was not coronavirus related although she did have underlying medical conditions they frequently refer to.

Sorry to hear that Pinewood.

Our lack of testing laid bare on 14:46 - Apr 18 with 1471 viewsPinewoodblue

If you like to play with statistics . UK ranked 59th for testing per capita. You are able to rank each column.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

2023 year of destiny

Our lack of testing laid bare on 14:51 - Apr 18 with 1440 viewslongtimefan

Our lack of testing laid bare on 14:46 - Apr 18 by Pinewoodblue

If you like to play with statistics . UK ranked 59th for testing per capita. You are able to rank each column.

Indeed. Mind you a significant number of those ranked above us have a vastly smaller number of tests i.e. Falkland Islands with 310. Even Germany are only ranked 22 by that measure.
Our lack of testing laid bare on 14:54 - Apr 18 with 1423 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How come the Faroe Isles (a British dependency) is top of the list?

Also, a significant number do not appear to have released figures on tests as they have no data in that column (including China so it can't simply be those that have not tested at all).

EDIT: Also, why is our total recovered N/A. Shouldn't it simply be the difference between total cases and the sum of active cases and deceased?
[Post edited 18 Apr 2020 14:58]

Our lack of testing laid bare on 14:56 - Apr 18 with 1411 viewsPinewoodblue

Our lack of testing laid bare on 14:54 - Apr 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

Also, a significant number do not appear to have released figures on tests as they have no data in that column (including China so it can't simply be those that have not tested at all).

EDIT: Also, why is our total recovered N/A. Shouldn't it simply be the difference between total cases and the sum of active cases and deceased?

What I find damning is that only one Country in the whole world doesn’t bother to record the number of recoveries. No prizes for guessing which country that is.

2023 year of destiny

Our lack of testing laid bare on 15:00 - Apr 18 with 1369 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Our lack of testing laid bare on 14:56 - Apr 18 by Pinewoodblue

What I find damning is that only one Country in the whole world doesn’t bother to record the number of recoveries. No prizes for guessing which country that is.

I think there is a lot of variability in the data depending on where it has come from. There are a number of active cases and a number for total cases and deaths. How does that not lead to a total for recovered? At what point does someone decide that they are recovered too? Some appear to have relapses.

Our lack of testing laid bare on 15:04 - Apr 18 with 1359 viewsTrequartista

Our lack of testing laid bare on 14:56 - Apr 18 by Pinewoodblue

Netherlands, Sweden, Ireland don't

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Our lack of testing laid bare on 15:05 - Apr 18 with 1358 viewsTrequartista

Our lack of testing laid bare on 14:54 - Apr 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

Faroe Islands is not British.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Our lack of testing laid bare on 15:09 - Apr 18 with 1354 viewsfactual_blue

Work done by a relative of Keno's?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Our lack of testing laid bare on 15:09 - Apr 18 with 1349 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Our lack of testing laid bare on 15:05 - Apr 18 by Trequartista

Faroe Islands is not British.

Is it Argentine now?

EDIT: My mistake, that's the Falklands isn't it? Doh!

Second EDIT: which is still 3rd in the list. Why did they get 319 tests?
[Post edited 18 Apr 2020 15:13]

Our lack of testing laid bare on 15:18 - Apr 18 with 1318 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Interestingly when you rank it that way and then scan down the deaths per 1M, the figures appear to be fairly random. They certainly don't seem to show the upward trend that the mantra of test, test, test WHO are suggesting makes a significant difference at this stage.

Our lack of testing laid bare on 15:25 - Apr 18 with 1300 viewsronnyd

Our lack of testing laid bare on 15:09 - Apr 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

Is it Argentine now?

EDIT: My mistake, that's the Falklands isn't it? Doh!

Second EDIT: which is still 3rd in the list. Why did they get 319 tests?
[Post edited 18 Apr 2020 15:13]

Danish.
Our lack of testing laid bare on 15:32 - Apr 18 with 1283 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Our lack of testing laid bare on 15:25 - Apr 18 by ronnyd

Danish.

Yes, my edits show my flawed working.

Our lack of testing laid bare on 15:48 - Apr 18 with 1244 viewsPinewoodblue

Our lack of testing laid bare on 15:18 - Apr 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

Interestingly when you rank it that way and then scan down the deaths per 1M, the figures appear to be fairly random. They certainly don't seem to show the upward trend that the mantra of test, test, test WHO are suggesting makes a significant difference at this stage.

Some comfort for everyone, unless you are Belgian.

2023 year of destiny

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024