Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Public information for the novis cyclists 13:09 - Mar 27 with 1999 viewsbluelagos

Check yer air pressures. My rear was down around 10 instead of 50. Made today's ride a fck sight easier!

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Public information for the novis cyclists on 13:14 - Mar 27 with 1398 viewsMeadowlark

Will you be cycling past Ben Nevice?
Public information for the novis cyclists on 13:20 - Mar 27 with 1381 viewsBasuco

also, check the sidewall of the tyre to check what the maximum pressure should be, 50 seems a bit low but the wider tyres do run lower, always run them at the maximum. With he narrow 700C 23's run them at 110 - 120 psi, if not higher.
Public information for the novis cyclists on 13:23 - Mar 27 with 1371 viewsr2d2

Should check wether you should be on long bike rides at all. If the lanes and roads are clogged up this weekend then this lockdown will bite even harder.
Public information for the novis cyclists on 13:26 - Mar 27 with 1346 viewsbluelagos

Public information for the novis cyclists on 13:23 - Mar 27 by r2d2

Should check wether you should be on long bike rides at all. If the lanes and roads are clogged up this weekend then this lockdown will bite even harder.

The 3 police cars who've passed me this week seemed to have no problems. Appreciate your concern but I'll take my advice from them if that's ok.

Public information for the novis cyclists on 13:30 - Mar 27 with 1337 viewsSwansea_Blue

Public information for the novis cyclists on 13:23 - Mar 27 by r2d2

"You should only leave the house for very limited purposes:
- one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household."

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-

Just be sensible innit. A shorter ride not stopping anywhere will be fine. An all-dayer stopping off at shops is probably not going to go down well.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Public information for the novis cyclists on 13:36 - Mar 27 with 1315 viewsr2d2

Public information for the novis cyclists on 13:30 - Mar 27 by Swansea_Blue

- one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household."

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-

Just be sensible innit. A shorter ride not stopping anywhere will be fine. An all-dayer stopping off at shops is probably not going to go down well.

Exactly. People on here are planning 12 mile runs and walks around all their local villages. That wasnt what the government meant when they said exercise. Depending how people act this weekend then we could all see a tougher crackdown. People need to be sensible.
Public information for the novis cyclists on 13:36 - Mar 27 with 1316 viewsfactual_blue

Public information for the novis cyclists on 13:30 - Mar 27 by Swansea_Blue

That can be interpreted as saying that you can go out to exercise any number of times each day, providing you do the same sort of exercise each time.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Public information for the novis cyclists on 13:45 - Mar 27 with 1301 viewsr2d2

Public information for the novis cyclists on 13:36 - Mar 27 by factual_blue

That can be interpreted as saying that you can go out to exercise any number of times each day, providing you do the same sort of exercise each time.

This is the key word though isnt it, interpret? People are reading and listening what is being said, then stretching that or bending it to their ends. Runs taking hours, walks for over half the day etc is simply not what they meant. You look at the screaming and stamping on here if it gets clamped down on after the weekend if people act like idiots again this weekend. All lm saying is be sensible, but people seem to think its ok to push it to the limits.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 13:47]
Login to get fewer ads

Public information for the novis cyclists on 13:53 - Mar 27 with 1283 viewsfactual_blue

Public information for the novis cyclists on 13:45 - Mar 27 by r2d2

This is the key word though isnt it, interpret? People are reading and listening what is being said, then stretching that or bending it to their ends. Runs taking hours, walks for over half the day etc is simply not what they meant. You look at the screaming and stamping on here if it gets clamped down on after the weekend if people act like idiots again this weekend. All lm saying is be sensible, but people seem to think its ok to push it to the limits.

Mrs Factual and I will shortly be going on a five mile walk in the fields round our village. We're unlikely to come within five, let alone two, metres of anybody else.

'Allowable', or 'not allowable'?

Public information for the novis cyclists on 13:57 - Mar 27 with 1258 viewsbluelagos

Public information for the novis cyclists on 13:45 - Mar 27 by r2d2

You are obsessing with the length of time people exercise rather than what they do. The important thing here is social distancing. If they all congregate, as I saw last weekend, then I agree we could all lose out.

But it is quite easy to walk 10 miles or cycle 30 and interact with no one. So why you think that is a problem I dont know. Today, mid cycle, I stopped and there were 3 people. We all kept 2m apart and the passing policmen had no issue.

I even wrote a poster for the guy asking his customers to respect social distancing.

Public information for the novis cyclists on 14:00 - Mar 27 with 1239 viewsr2d2

Public information for the novis cyclists on 13:53 - Mar 27 by factual_blue

Mrs Factual and I will shortly be going on a five mile walk in the fields round our village. We're unlikely to come within five, let alone two, metres of anybody else.

Up to you mate. But if everyone is out doing it this weekend then dont start crying on here when the government crack down even more with this lockdown. I really hope you dont meet any tories either whilst you are out. We all know how much you detest the government. Probably why you are determined to do your bit to p!ss them off.
Public information for the novis cyclists on 14:02 - Mar 27 with 1237 viewsSwansea_Blue

Public information for the novis cyclists on 13:36 - Mar 27 by factual_blue

It certainly can. I'm taking especial care not to start the day with an accidental burpee. I'm not sure I could carry those on for a whole minute let alone a day.

David Allen Green covered the various ambiguities in the guidance and law yesterday - https://davidallengreen.com/2020/03/the-coronavirus-restrictions-on-freedom-of-m

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Public information for the novis cyclists on 14:03 - Mar 27 with 1234 viewsr2d2

Public information for the novis cyclists on 13:57 - Mar 27 by bluelagos

You are obsessing with the length of time people exercise rather than what they do. The important thing here is social distancing. If they all congregate, as I saw last weekend, then I agree we could all lose out.

But it is quite easy to walk 10 miles or cycle 30 and interact with no one. So why you think that is a problem I dont know. Today, mid cycle, I stopped and there were 3 people. We all kept 2m apart and the passing policmen had no issue.

I even wrote a poster for the guy asking his customers to respect social distancing.

Well, l dont think they were expecting people to be out hours exercising. They are saying once a day. Not all bl0ody day once you get out!
Public information for the novis cyclists on 14:16 - Mar 27 with 1207 viewsjeera

Must be a nightmare delivering bread over all those cobbles with a flat tyre.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Public information for the novis cyclists on 14:18 - Mar 27 with 1200 viewsRadlett_blue

Public information for the novis cyclists on 13:53 - Mar 27 by factual_blue

Obviously allowable. Most people are using common sense. Unfortunately, a minority are not, which is likely to lead to stricter measure, which will impact us all.
Richmond Park will be shut to cyclists this weekend.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Public information for the novis cyclists on 14:19 - Mar 27 with 1198 viewsfactual_blue

Public information for the novis cyclists on 14:00 - Mar 27 by r2d2

Up to you mate. But if everyone is out doing it this weekend then dont start crying on here when the government crack down even more with this lockdown. I really hope you dont meet any tories either whilst you are out. We all know how much you detest the government. Probably why you are determined to do your bit to p!ss them off.

I'm not sure you know what public footpaths and bridleways are all about.

Public information for the novis cyclists on 14:19 - Mar 27 with 1196 viewsfactual_blue

Public information for the novis cyclists on 14:03 - Mar 27 by r2d2

Well, l dont think they were expecting people to be out hours exercising. They are saying once a day. Not all bl0ody day once you get out!

Oh. Dear.

Public information for the novis cyclists on 14:21 - Mar 27 with 1190 viewsfactual_blue

Public information for the novis cyclists on 14:18 - Mar 27 by Radlett_blue

Obviously allowable. Most people are using common sense. Unfortunately, a minority are not, which is likely to lead to stricter measure, which will impact us all.
Richmond Park will be shut to cyclists this weekend.

Oh Deer.

Public information for the novis cyclists on 14:22 - Mar 27 with 1186 viewsbluelagos

Public information for the novis cyclists on 14:19 - Mar 27 by factual_blue

I'm not sure you know what public footpaths and bridleways are all about.

Laughable isnt it. Most public footpaths you can walk all day and see about 5 people. Which is about a tenth of a shopping trip.

Public information for the novis cyclists on 14:23 - Mar 27 with 1185 viewsjeera

Public information for the novis cyclists on 14:21 - Mar 27 by factual_blue

Oh Deer.

I hope Fenton gets his walk anyway.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Public information for the novis cyclists on 14:23 - Mar 27 with 1184 viewsfactual_blue

Public information for the novis cyclists on 14:22 - Mar 27 by bluelagos

Laughable isnt it. Most public footpaths you can walk all day and see about 5 people. Which is about a tenth of a shopping trip.

Well, we're off out now. I think we may even up the mileage.

Public information for the novis cyclists on 14:27 - Mar 27 with 1181 viewsbluelagos

Public information for the novis cyclists on 14:23 - Mar 27 by factual_blue

Well, we're off out now. I think we may even up the mileage.

Didnt you go to Lombardy once? The TwtdCV police are slacking if this goes by without comment.

Public information for the novis cyclists on 14:29 - Mar 27 with 1173 viewsfactual_blue

Public information for the novis cyclists on 14:27 - Mar 27 by bluelagos

Didnt you go to Lombardy once? The TwtdCV police are slacking if this goes by without comment.

I've been to Tuscany, but not Lombardy.

I do have a friend (who I haven't seen for years) in Milan though.

Public information for the novis cyclists on 14:31 - Mar 27 with 1166 viewsfactual_blue

Public information for the novis cyclists on 14:02 - Mar 27 by Swansea_Blue

It certainly can. I'm taking especial care not to start the day with an accidental burpee. I'm not sure I could carry those on for a whole minute let alone a day.

David Allen Green covered the various ambiguities in the guidance and law yesterday - https://davidallengreen.com/2020/03/the-coronavirus-restrictions-on-freedom-of-m

If you set out for exercise, but divert into the village shop and buy a piece of cheese, can you convert your 'exercise' into 'shopping' and therefore go out again for the actual exercise?

Public information for the novis cyclists on 14:33 - Mar 27 with 1164 viewsbluelagos

Public information for the novis cyclists on 14:29 - Mar 27 by factual_blue

I've been to Tuscany, but not Lombardy.

I do have a friend (who I haven't seen for years) in Milan though.

Stone him.

Just in case.

#thinkoftheOAPs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024