Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on this? 22:32 - Mar 15 with 620 viewsStokieBlue

Parents attempting to influence government policy through the courts. Basically saying other countries have closed the schools so we should. They can't have seen any of the evidence or expert recommendations given to the government. They also couldn't have seen the evidence given to other governments who have closed the schools.

Thoughts?

Lawyers acting for the mother of a child who has asthma and attends a primary school in County Armagh are planning to launch a judicial review of the Stormont government’s decision not to close schools in Northern Ireland.

Darragh Mackin, a solicitor at Phoenix Law, said that the girl suffers underlying health problems, including severe asthma and is at a greater risk of harm should she contract the coronavirus.

He added: “It is clear that the respective public bodies have each failed in their respective obligations to our client, and indeed all children, by continuing to require their attendance at school in circumstances in which they would be at an increased risk of contracting the condition.

There is no time for any further delay. The necessary policies and decisions all need to be taken in a manner that recognises the real and immediate risk.

“The wider international community has spoken. Their advice cannot and should not be ignored.

“It is a deplorable situation when a mother has to initiate urgent legal proceedings to ensure that her child, and indeed children across the jurisdiction, are afforded the necessary protections and safeguards required under law.”

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Thoughts on this? on 22:34 - Mar 15 with 602 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’d have thought the easier route would be to get a medical exemption due to her underlying health issues.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Thoughts on this? on 22:35 - Mar 15 with 581 viewsJ2BLUE

I might be wrong but isn't NI an interesting case because they had to choose whether to take the same path as the rest of the UK or go along with the measures Ireland put in place?

I definitely saw something about this on the news but whether it was about everything or just one aspect i'm not sure.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Thoughts on this? on 22:36 - Mar 15 with 573 viewssparks

Thoughts on this? on 22:34 - Mar 15 by Swansea_Blue

I’d have thought the easier route would be to get a medical exemption due to her underlying health issues.

Indeed. JR is about the process rather than the decision. If they have properly considered the stats and advice the case must fail.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Thoughts on this? on 22:57 - Mar 15 with 524 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

We have a friend with a child who has cystic fibrosis...she could get not one jot of advice from the school or hospital about whether or not to keep her child in school.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Thoughts on this? on 23:00 - Mar 15 with 503 viewsclive_baker

If you feel that strongly as a parent, take your kid out of school. Ultimately it’s your prerogative and if you can demonstrate that you’re home educating then I don’t believe there’s much that can be done about it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024