Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? 18:54 - Feb 10 with 4215 viewsDubtractor

Apparently this was fake news, on this occasion, so I've edited.

[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 8:08]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 18:56 - Feb 10 with 3138 viewsSwansea_Blue

He’s not able to tell the truth, so no great surprise

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 18:59 - Feb 10 with 3124 viewsfooters

Hang about. If you insist on non-regulatory alignment with a trading bloc you're no longer part of, there'll be border checks on goods? My word. Who'd a thunk it.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 19:01 - Feb 10 with 3116 viewsjeera

Who'd have thought?

What a nonsensical waste of time and resources all round.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 19:08 - Feb 10 with 3065 viewsBlueBadger

Yes, but The Football Is Better Now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 19:15 - Feb 10 with 3034 viewsFtnfwest

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 19:08 - Feb 10 by BlueBadger

Yes, but The Football Is Better Now.

Although the grammar leaves a lot to be desired.
So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 19:15 - Feb 10 with 3042 viewsm14_blue

The weird thing is that the people who actually fell for the lie won’t care one bit.

They ‘won’ and that’s all they care about, even if it was all based on sand.
So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 19:17 - Feb 10 with 3025 viewsfooters

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 19:15 - Feb 10 by m14_blue

The weird thing is that the people who actually fell for the lie won’t care one bit.

They ‘won’ and that’s all they care about, even if it was all based on sand.

Think you'll find sand will be an integral part of our new, shiny trade deal with Saudi Arabia.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 19:24 - Feb 10 with 2987 viewsHARRY10

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 19:01 - Feb 10 by jeera

Who'd have thought?

The sad think is this was highlighted throughout the post referendum debates - only to be met by a mass bleating from the hard of thinking................ 'project fear baa baa'.

Even dear old lovable me pointed out a few weeks back how quickly all this brexit nonsense was falling apart - and it would only get worse. And this is BEFORE any negotiations have begun. So we must assume Johnson and his fellow liars knew this was to be the case in the run up to the election.

But why should they care. Tell the numpties what they want to hear then s od them once the feet are under the table at No 10. Well my gullible fools oet me re-iterate. This is merely the beginning, as on the simple basis that what you were led to believe was not only possible, but was as good as carved in stone was nothing more than one big lie.

Was there any indication that Johnson is an habitual liar ?

"In 2018, Boris Johnson, told the DUP "no British government could or should" sign up to putting a border in the Irish Sea between mainland United Kingdom and Northern Ireland - less than one year later Mr. Johnson put a border in the Irish Sea.

Mr. Johnson replaced Theresa May as Prime Minister in July and repeated his promise that there would be no border in the Irish Sea. However, onot long after, Prime Minister Johnson agreed a new treaty with the European Union that involves a border in the Irish Sea."

You've been tucked up like (U) kipper haven't you ?
Login to get fewer ads

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 19:30 - Feb 10 with 2930 viewsDarth_Koont

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 18:56 - Feb 10 by Swansea_Blue

He’s not able to tell the truth, so no great surprise

To be fair, he was electioneering at the time.

It would have been entirely against his own interests to tell the truth. And a bit harsh expecting our Prime Minister to be handicapped by integrity and weighed down by serious responsibility.

Life's too short. You've got to live a little and have a laugh.

Pronouns: He/Him

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 19:37 - Feb 10 with 2885 viewsjeera

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 19:24 - Feb 10 by HARRY10

The sad think is this was highlighted throughout the post referendum debates - only to be met by a mass bleating from the hard of thinking................ 'project fear baa baa'.

Even dear old lovable me pointed out a few weeks back how quickly all this brexit nonsense was falling apart - and it would only get worse. And this is BEFORE any negotiations have begun. So we must assume Johnson and his fellow liars knew this was to be the case in the run up to the election.

But why should they care. Tell the numpties what they want to hear then s od them once the feet are under the table at No 10. Well my gullible fools oet me re-iterate. This is merely the beginning, as on the simple basis that what you were led to believe was not only possible, but was as good as carved in stone was nothing more than one big lie.

Was there any indication that Johnson is an habitual liar ?

"In 2018, Boris Johnson, told the DUP "no British government could or should" sign up to putting a border in the Irish Sea between mainland United Kingdom and Northern Ireland - less than one year later Mr. Johnson put a border in the Irish Sea.

Mr. Johnson replaced Theresa May as Prime Minister in July and repeated his promise that there would be no border in the Irish Sea. However, onot long after, Prime Minister Johnson agreed a new treaty with the European Union that involves a border in the Irish Sea."

You've been tucked up like (U) kipper haven't you ?

"You've been tucked up like (U) kipper haven't you ?"

What?

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 19:40 - Feb 10 with 2848 viewshoppy

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 19:01 - Feb 10 by jeera

Who'd have thought?

Boris, you mean?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 19:40 - Feb 10 with 2847 viewsHARRY10

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 19:30 - Feb 10 by Darth_Koont

To be fair, he was electioneering at the time.

It would have been entirely against his own interests to tell the truth. And a bit harsh expecting our Prime Minister to be handicapped by integrity and weighed down by serious responsibility.

Life's too short. You've got to live a little and have a laugh.

Not in 2018 when talking to the DUP, or again in 2019
So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 19:41 - Feb 10 with 2845 viewsjeera

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 19:40 - Feb 10 by hoppy

Boris, you mean?

Near enough Hops!

Near enough.

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 19:47 - Feb 10 with 2812 viewsHARRY10

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 19:37 - Feb 10 by jeera

"You've been tucked up like (U) kipper haven't you ?"

What?

"to be done or tucked up like a kipper, clearly means to be duped or tricked by false information that was there for all to see"

as is the position of brexiteers

or ukippers
So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 19:47 - Feb 10 with 2831 viewsFtnfwest

The first article relates to goods travelling between Northern Ireland and Great Britain while the second one is about EU goods coming into the UK.
So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 19:51 - Feb 10 with 2778 viewsDarth_Koont

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 19:40 - Feb 10 by HARRY10

Not in 2018 when talking to the DUP, or again in 2019

I know. I was being sarcastic because the tweet shows what he was saying in the run up to polling day.

But as you say could have been anytime as he's always in electioneering/lying mode.

On a side note, it seems very bizarre that we've seen Trump over the past few years and the @rse he's making of himself and the US by being a lazy thinker and a congenital liar. And we think, That's just what the UK needs!

Pronouns: He/Him

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 19:51 - Feb 10 with 2779 viewsjeera

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 19:47 - Feb 10 by HARRY10

"to be done or tucked up like a kipper, clearly means to be duped or tricked by false information that was there for all to see"

as is the position of brexiteers

or ukippers

Yes thank you Harry, I know what it means. I am 50 years of age.

I meant why address that to me, as in "You have been..."

I doubt I could have been more vocal in my dismay at Brexit if I tried.

In fact we've agreed on pretty much every aspect of the situation to date.

Please don't turn on posters because they've asked you to be a little calmer in your style. It's not a criticism of you or your views, but some of your posts are a bit excitable which makes them unreadable and your points get lost amongst too many insults.

I'm asking you nicely to tone it a little bit so people like me can get back to taking on board what you're trying to say.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2020 19:52]

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 20:01 - Feb 10 with 2721 viewsHARRY10

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 19:51 - Feb 10 by jeera

Yes thank you Harry, I know what it means. I am 50 years of age.

I meant why address that to me, as in "You have been..."

I doubt I could have been more vocal in my dismay at Brexit if I tried.

In fact we've agreed on pretty much every aspect of the situation to date.

Please don't turn on posters because they've asked you to be a little calmer in your style. It's not a criticism of you or your views, but some of your posts are a bit excitable which makes them unreadable and your points get lost amongst too many insults.

I'm asking you nicely to tone it a little bit so people like me can get back to taking on board what you're trying to say.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2020 19:52]

it was certainly not addressed to you in any shape or form....it's just I cannot seem to post without it being joined to a previous post

so please enlighten me so as to avoid further misunderstanding

as to the tone of my posts I subscfibe to the right wing belief that we should not try to sanitise our language by refering to a problem as an issue, a shortarse as vertically challenged or a shope worker as a colleague

so I am sure they will welcome my 'saying how it is'
So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 20:07 - Feb 10 with 2688 viewsjeera

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 20:01 - Feb 10 by HARRY10

it was certainly not addressed to you in any shape or form....it's just I cannot seem to post without it being joined to a previous post

so please enlighten me so as to avoid further misunderstanding

as to the tone of my posts I subscfibe to the right wing belief that we should not try to sanitise our language by refering to a problem as an issue, a shortarse as vertically challenged or a shope worker as a colleague

so I am sure they will welcome my 'saying how it is'

You already know there have been some posts recently where people have asked you to pause for a moment.

Again, I'm not trying to have a go at you. We're on the same side.

But you could make some of your posts a bit shorter and easier to absorb if you do away with some of the language. It's not necessary.

You're on the right side as far as I'm concerned.

But it can be hard going when there's a long rant when you get the hump.

Not to take anything from your passion. There's nothing wrong with that.

Anyway, thank you for clarifying the other comment wasn't aimed at me. Appreciate it.

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 20:19 - Feb 10 with 2635 viewsHARRY10

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 20:07 - Feb 10 by jeera

You already know there have been some posts recently where people have asked you to pause for a moment.

Again, I'm not trying to have a go at you. We're on the same side.

But you could make some of your posts a bit shorter and easier to absorb if you do away with some of the language. It's not necessary.

You're on the right side as far as I'm concerned.

But it can be hard going when there's a long rant when you get the hump.

Not to take anything from your passion. There's nothing wrong with that.

Anyway, thank you for clarifying the other comment wasn't aimed at me. Appreciate it.

I'm sure brexiteers are robust enough to accept being told the truth about themselves. After all is it we who are supposed to be the 'snowflakes'.

And I make no apologies for being passionate about this - knowing what the clueless cretins are trying to impose upon me, my family and the rest of this country as well as those outside these borders.

And the notion that my words will somehow further entrench their idiocy is absurd. After having it explained to them in very patient and polite words they still are as ignorant about this matter as before.

And I do not subscribe to the thought which does seem the under current of some on here "forgive them lord for they know not what they do"

They know perfectly well what 'they do', and they also know better not to say it openly as well.
So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 22:22 - Feb 10 with 2465 viewsjeera

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 20:19 - Feb 10 by HARRY10

I'm sure brexiteers are robust enough to accept being told the truth about themselves. After all is it we who are supposed to be the 'snowflakes'.

And I make no apologies for being passionate about this - knowing what the clueless cretins are trying to impose upon me, my family and the rest of this country as well as those outside these borders.

And the notion that my words will somehow further entrench their idiocy is absurd. After having it explained to them in very patient and polite words they still are as ignorant about this matter as before.

And I do not subscribe to the thought which does seem the under current of some on here "forgive them lord for they know not what they do"

They know perfectly well what 'they do', and they also know better not to say it openly as well.

"And the notion that my words will somehow further entrench their idiocy is absurd"

Once again mate, I'm not sure what post you're responding to.

I haven't suggested any of the things you've addressed in that post.

This is kind of what I'm getting at. It's becoming difficult to follow your train of thought.

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 22:45 - Feb 10 with 2417 viewsChurchman

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 20:19 - Feb 10 by HARRY10

I do not think words like idiocy, ignorant and clueless cretins really help. It’s done. There was a vote, Remain lost and to an extent the GE confirmed it. We’ve left. Brexiteers and Remainers are terms of the past.

It’s all about what happens from now. At present, there is a lot of positioning and sabre rattling going on, particularly by Barnier and co. I believe things will look very different in a years time to what all the ill informed journalists are spewing at the moment.
So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 22:46 - Feb 10 with 2407 viewsjeera

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 22:45 - Feb 10 by Churchman

I do not think words like idiocy, ignorant and clueless cretins really help. It’s done. There was a vote, Remain lost and to an extent the GE confirmed it. We’ve left. Brexiteers and Remainers are terms of the past.

It’s all about what happens from now. At present, there is a lot of positioning and sabre rattling going on, particularly by Barnier and co. I believe things will look very different in a years time to what all the ill informed journalists are spewing at the moment.

" journalists are spewing at the moment."

At the moment?

You mean, have been throughout.

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 22:47 - Feb 10 with 2408 viewssparks

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 19:47 - Feb 10 by Ftnfwest

The first article relates to goods travelling between Northern Ireland and Great Britain while the second one is about EU goods coming into the UK.

Indeed. the premise of the tweet seems to be deliberately misleading.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 22:56 - Feb 10 with 2357 viewsFtnfwest

So Boris Johnson lied about his Brexit deal? on 22:47 - Feb 10 by sparks

Indeed. the premise of the tweet seems to be deliberately misleading.

Yes when I looked at the first one I realised it was just a headline without any context so smelt a rat and looked it up
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024