Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer 12:08 - Jan 5 with 1238 viewsChrisd

He just seems to have the game and temperament for test cricket. He's got faults, but I think he's the ideal foil for Burns at the top of the England's batting order.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer on 12:09 - Jan 5 with 1234 viewspointofblue

You do realise he’ll be out very soon now you’ve said this?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer on 12:13 - Jan 5 with 1222 viewsChrisd

Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer on 12:09 - Jan 5 by pointofblue

You do realise he’ll be out very soon now you’ve said this?

I thought exactly the same Point of Blue and hesitated in pressing the return button.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer on 07:56 - Jan 6 with 1122 viewsSaleAway

Decent temperament, but is probably going to need to find some more ways to score at some point. Done ok today, but I don't think SA have been particularly good. Definitely one of the better ones, and worth sticking with .... just a pity Burns is out for a while with the ankle injury.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer on 08:08 - Jan 6 with 1118 viewsgordon

Hope so - this is his first significant innings though. And there have been one or two other candidates for an opening slot over the last decade or so who looked to have a bit of promise then faded away as well..
Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer on 08:29 - Jan 6 with 1109 viewsitfcjoe

Vic Marks was interesting on TMS the other day, saying how scoring so slowly in County Cricket is a worry, as he doesn't get close to as many bad balls in test cricket and just ends up under pressure - his strike rate is unbelievably slow

But, this second innings he looks to have come out of his shell a little bit more and not got bogged down for long periods - and now Burns is likely out of the next series!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer on 08:36 - Jan 6 with 1097 viewsSaleAway

Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer on 08:29 - Jan 6 by itfcjoe

Vic Marks was interesting on TMS the other day, saying how scoring so slowly in County Cricket is a worry, as he doesn't get close to as many bad balls in test cricket and just ends up under pressure - his strike rate is unbelievably slow

But, this second innings he looks to have come out of his shell a little bit more and not got bogged down for long periods - and now Burns is likely out of the next series!

I think he really benefited yesterday from batting with Root - who is so good at keeping the scoring up - so between them, they weren't getting bogged down.

For the next series, in Sri Lanka, I'd bring back Keaton Jennings. He's cracking against spin, and won't have the pace threat to worry about. Left hand right hand combination with him and Sibley will work well I think.

Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer on 08:41 - Jan 6 with 1092 viewsSteve_M

Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer on 08:36 - Jan 6 by SaleAway

I think he really benefited yesterday from batting with Root - who is so good at keeping the scoring up - so between them, they weren't getting bogged down.

For the next series, in Sri Lanka, I'd bring back Keaton Jennings. He's cracking against spin, and won't have the pace threat to worry about. Left hand right hand combination with him and Sibley will work well I think.

Yes, Root was very good yesterday. A bit unlucky to get out when he did but that movement is a good thing for England.

Jennings definitely has a role to play against spin, we perhaps need to accept that some players won't be suitable for every series or set of conditions.

Need a good first hour now to make this a commanding lead.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer on 09:33 - Jan 6 with 1066 viewsSaleAway

Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer on 08:41 - Jan 6 by Steve_M

Yes, Root was very good yesterday. A bit unlucky to get out when he did but that movement is a good thing for England.

Jennings definitely has a role to play against spin, we perhaps need to accept that some players won't be suitable for every series or set of conditions.

Need a good first hour now to make this a commanding lead.

Think this can be classed as a good first hour!

Login to get fewer ads

Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer on 09:36 - Jan 6 with 1061 viewsSteve_M

Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer on 09:33 - Jan 6 by SaleAway

Think this can be classed as a good first hour!

Definitely. Just come out of a meeting and checked the score. Well played Sibley:

And there is this:

Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer on 09:40 - Jan 6 with 1060 viewsStokieBlue

We have needed someone who can stick around for ages - slowest test century for England since 2012 and it's exactly what we need.

Stokes going a bit nuts now - 70 off 43.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer on 09:45 - Jan 6 with 1053 viewsSaleAway

Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer on 09:40 - Jan 6 by StokieBlue

We have needed someone who can stick around for ages - slowest test century for England since 2012 and it's exactly what we need.

Stokes going a bit nuts now - 70 off 43.

SB

End of an entertaining knock.

Serious chance of sibley carrying his bat here....

Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer on 10:32 - Jan 6 with 1029 viewsSteve_M

Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer on 09:45 - Jan 6 by SaleAway

End of an entertaining knock.

Serious chance of sibley carrying his bat here....

Some highlights from Stokes here:

375/7, 421 ahead. I guess the declaration will follow the next wicket.

Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer on 10:46 - Jan 6 with 1010 viewsSaleAway

Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer on 10:32 - Jan 6 by Steve_M

Some highlights from Stokes here:

375/7, 421 ahead. I guess the declaration will follow the next wicket.

I'd guess next wicket or 450 lead - whichever comes first.

Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer on 11:32 - Jan 6 with 988 viewsartsbossbeard

Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer on 10:46 - Jan 6 by SaleAway

I'd guess next wicket or 450 lead - whichever comes first.

Declared: 438 to win.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer on 11:35 - Jan 6 with 980 viewschicoazul

Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer on 11:32 - Jan 6 by artsbossbeard

Declared: 438 to win.

Bet Sibley has the slight hump, declaring when he was not out on 133.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer on 11:38 - Jan 6 with 967 viewshampstead_blue

Hopefully he will bag a red inker.

I'd be not looking to blow-out for a couple of cheap bounderies. Carry the bat boy.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer on 13:53 - Jan 6 with 917 viewsSteve_M

A wicket or two soon would be nice.....

Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer on 14:01 - Jan 6 with 906 viewshampstead_blue

enter Joe Denly .....a bit of a golden arm maybe......Bye Elgar.
Door is slightly open now ELgar has gone.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer on 15:13 - Jan 7 with 841 viewsRyorry

🥂 🍾

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Getting more confident by the innings young Sibley is the answer on 16:08 - Jan 7 with 806 viewsBigManBlue

Hope so. Even if he doesn't grow into the biggest scorer, someone who can see off the new ball and tire out the bowlers would really open up the potential of our middle order.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024