Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) 20:09 - Dec 27 with 1851 viewsgainsboroughblue

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 20:10 - Dec 27 with 1849 viewsJ2BLUE

Shocking. Get rid of it. Utter sh1te.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 20:12 - Dec 27 with 1843 viewsartsbossbeard

Not sure what the issue is, both the decision on the penalty and the subsequent retake were spot on.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 20:14 - Dec 27 with 1823 viewsJ2BLUE

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 20:12 - Dec 27 by artsbossbeard

Not sure what the issue is, both the decision on the penalty and the subsequent retake were spot on.

Extremely soft penalty. Also there was a City player further in the box than the Wolves player. We need a bit of NFL style offsetting for cases like that.

Truly impaired.

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 20:14 - Dec 27 with 1820 viewsScuzzer

Farce....complete farce. Never a penalty. But its Man City so they were bound to get it. This really needs to be looked at by the FA as it is really looking bent. Poor very very poor.

Established 1968

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 20:14 - Dec 27 with 1819 viewsSitfcB

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 20:10 - Dec 27 by J2BLUE

Shocking. Get rid of it. Utter sh1te.

Agree, but it did get the decisions right imo.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 20:15 - Dec 27 with 1810 viewsartsbossbeard

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 20:14 - Dec 27 by J2BLUE

Extremely soft penalty. Also there was a City player further in the box than the Wolves player. We need a bit of NFL style offsetting for cases like that.

But it was a foul and there was encroachment.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 20:16 - Dec 27 with 1798 viewsScuzzer

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 20:12 - Dec 27 by artsbossbeard

Good grief...
Are you still recovering from too much Christmas bevvies.

Established 1968

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 20:17 - Dec 27 with 1791 viewsartsbossbeard

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 20:16 - Dec 27 by Scuzzer

Good grief...
Are you still recovering from too much Christmas bevvies.

If you didn't see the wolves chap stand on his foot, then I suggest you need new eyes.

Login to get fewer ads

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 20:18 - Dec 27 with 1782 viewsJ2BLUE

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 20:15 - Dec 27 by artsbossbeard

But it was a foul and there was encroachment.

It's complete nonsense. Remember the women's world cup where being off the line for penalties was a massive thing? A couple off weeks ago they were checking for encroachment when the keeper was about a metre off his line but VAR wasn't looking for that.

It's garbage. Give the managers a challenge each, each half and stop auto checking everything.

Truly impaired.

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 20:23 - Dec 27 with 1744 viewsfooters

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 20:18 - Dec 27 by J2BLUE

It's complete nonsense. Remember the women's world cup where being off the line for penalties was a massive thing? A couple off weeks ago they were checking for encroachment when the keeper was about a metre off his line but VAR wasn't looking for that.

It's garbage. Give the managers a challenge each, each half and stop auto checking everything.

Uppie pending, under review. Possible dissent.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 20:25 - Dec 27 with 1733 viewsScuzzer

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 20:17 - Dec 27 by artsbossbeard

If you didn't see the wolves chap stand on his foot, then I suggest you need new eyes.

It's a contact sport for heavens sake. The swallow dive after the contact is a complete con act. The game is heading towards being only fit for the women's form of it.

Established 1968

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 20:31 - Dec 27 with 1693 viewsartsbossbeard

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 20:25 - Dec 27 by Scuzzer

It's a contact sport for heavens sake. The swallow dive after the contact is a complete con act. The game is heading towards being only fit for the women's form of it.

Was it a foul? Yes
Did the ref spot it in real time? No

1-0 VAR

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 20:43 - Dec 27 with 1640 viewsScuzzer

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 20:31 - Dec 27 by artsbossbeard

Was it a foul? Yes
Did the ref spot it in real time? No

1-0 VAR

Was it a foul....not according to the ref.
Was it a clear and obvious mistake ....no.
All this equates to the absolute no requirement for a real human being to be in the charge of the game. Why bother with a referee.
Farce.

Established 1968

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 20:47 - Dec 27 with 1615 viewsartsbossbeard

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 20:43 - Dec 27 by Scuzzer

All this equates to the absolute no requirement for a real human being to be in the charge of the game. Why bother with a referee.
Farce.

The ref didn't see the foul, this is what var was brought in for.

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 20:56 - Dec 27 with 1579 viewsJ2BLUE

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 20:47 - Dec 27 by artsbossbeard

The ref didn't see the foul, this is what var was brought in for.

Was it a clear and obvious error? Not according to the VAR officials who spent about 5 mins looking at it.

Truly impaired.

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 21:05 - Dec 27 with 1535 viewsnoggin

Who cares? It’s the fecking Premier League.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 23:43 - Dec 27 with 1386 viewsfactual_blue

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 20:43 - Dec 27 by Scuzzer

Farce.

A person reviews the VAR footage, so however you try to look at it, a human being is in charge.

What is actually at fault is the nonsensical interpretation of what constitutes a foul that the authorities have come up with. It's the decisions that allow treading on somebody's foot be a foul that were wrong-headed, not the use of VAR itself.

To me it didn't look like a foul, but the current daft interpretation of the laws mean it was.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 23:57 - Dec 27 with 1369 viewsfactual_blue

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 20:14 - Dec 27 by J2BLUE

As Dermot Gallagher pointed out, the Wolves player actually affected the course of the game by clearing the ball for a corner.

As you say, a City player was also encroaching. Had he scored the goal would have been ruled out.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 09:36 - Dec 28 with 1173 viewsNo9

Gave the Aamazon pundits something to go on about - inanely, oterwise they would be unemployed
Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 13:55 - Dec 28 with 1107 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Getting a bit farcical with VAR at Molineux (n/t) on 20:18 - Dec 27 by J2BLUE

Forget the challenges idea, just scrap VAR.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024