Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes 22:25 - Dec 12 with 1241 viewshomer_123

In equality, fairness, respect and personal responsibility.

Where we look out for one another, where we help and support those in need, regardless of whether that need is short or long term. Where we welcome, appreciate and endorse differing views, opinions and thinking. Where we look after those that have spent their lives contributing and now need care, support and love in their twilight years. Where we value education and educators, where people can learn regardless of their socioeconomic background. Where we have a properly funded NHS, free at the point of use and is ring fenced from politicians and political interference. Where businesses grow and create wealth, opportunities and research but where those businesses actively contribute to society and their local economy. Where social mobility moves forward. Where housing is affordable. Where we look after and care for our environment. Where there is no difference between the have or have nots.

Too much to ask?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 22:26 - Dec 12 with 980 viewsPJH

Where are you moving them to?
I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 22:33 - Dec 12 with 938 viewsWeWereZombies

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 22:26 - Dec 12 by PJH

Where are you moving them to?

If you do not want to leave the United Kingdom may I suggest Scotland. And Fort William needs a decent football team if we can persuade the Town to relocate...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 22:35 - Dec 12 with 919 viewssparks

Seemingly- yes.

And Corbyn and his momentum zealots shoulder much of the blame if so.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 22:36 - Dec 12 with 903 viewsjimmyvet

Oh stop bleating this hysterical trash ....
I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 22:37 - Dec 12 with 902 viewssparks

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 22:36 - Dec 12 by jimmyvet

?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 22:47 - Dec 12 with 855 viewsjimmyvet

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 22:37 - Dec 12 by sparks

?

The OP and others being so hysterical it’s painful and very undignified....apologies if you thought I meant yourself absolutely not.
I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 22:50 - Dec 12 with 836 viewsSwansea_Blue

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 22:35 - Dec 12 by sparks

Seemingly- yes.

And Corbyn and his momentum zealots shoulder much of the blame if so.

I thought Labour ran a pretty decent campaign. They had a full manifesto, far more details on policy, more detailed coatings. They offered something radical, but not unduly so compared to other major European countries, and less risky that the Tory plan for Brexit. Corbyn carried himself well and they were the only main party with honest adverts. They’re not really my cup of tea, but they behaved in a manner most people say is lacking from politics.

The problem is more with the lies promoted by the Tories and their lobbyists, the distribution of those lies by a complicit partisan media, and people then believing those lies without critically examining any claims.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 22:52 - Dec 12 with 820 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 22:50 - Dec 12 by Swansea_Blue

I thought Labour ran a pretty decent campaign. They had a full manifesto, far more details on policy, more detailed coatings. They offered something radical, but not unduly so compared to other major European countries, and less risky that the Tory plan for Brexit. Corbyn carried himself well and they were the only main party with honest adverts. They’re not really my cup of tea, but they behaved in a manner most people say is lacking from politics.

The problem is more with the lies promoted by the Tories and their lobbyists, the distribution of those lies by a complicit partisan media, and people then believing those lies without critically examining any claims.

Or maybe people just didn't like Labour's manifesto? So much nazel gazing
Login to get fewer ads

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 22:53 - Dec 12 with 815 viewsreusersfreekicks

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 22:50 - Dec 12 by Swansea_Blue

Press in this country is a partisan disgrace
I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 22:55 - Dec 12 with 802 viewsBackToRussia

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 22:36 - Dec 12 by jimmyvet

The fact you think the OP is hysterical trash says a lot about you.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 22:57 - Dec 12 with 787 viewsBackToRussia

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 22:52 - Dec 12 by SuperKieranMcKenna

It's navel you utter pillock.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 22:57 - Dec 12 with 784 viewsLeithblue

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 22:33 - Dec 12 by WeWereZombies

If you do not want to leave the United Kingdom may I suggest Scotland. And Fort William needs a decent football team if we can persuade the Town to relocate...

you in Fort William WeWereZombies? I grew up near there, little village called Corpach
I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 23:09 - Dec 12 with 758 viewssparks

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 22:47 - Dec 12 by jimmyvet

The OP and others being so hysterical it’s painful and very undignified....apologies if you thought I meant yourself absolutely not.

i agree with them.

If this once decent nation succumbs to the Trumpesque cult of dishonesty, bluster and hatred, I utterly despair.

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 23:10 - Dec 12 with 750 viewssparks

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 23:09 - Dec 12 by sparks

i agree with them.

If this once decent nation succumbs to the Trumpesque cult of dishonesty, bluster and hatred, I utterly despair.

Incidentally, anyone idiot claiming this is about the press and smear campaigns, is simply blocking out (for their own reasons) the fundamental problems with corbyn and his hard left ideology.

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 23:10 - Dec 12 with 750 viewsitfcjoe

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 23:09 - Dec 12 by sparks

i agree with them.

It already has. Take a look around.

"Get Brexit Done"

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 23:11 - Dec 12 with 741 viewsPJH

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 22:57 - Dec 12 by Leithblue

you in Fort William WeWereZombies? I grew up near there, little village called Corpach

The man is Lord of Skye.

Corpach, home of Treasures Of The Earth.
I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 23:13 - Dec 12 with 728 viewsSwansea_Blue

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 22:52 - Dec 12 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Maybe not, but did they not like the actual manifesto or did they not like the Tory interpretation of it?

‘Get Brexit Done’ seems to have gained more traction than any sensible analysis of Labour’s manifesto.

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 23:15 - Dec 12 with 719 viewsWeWereZombies

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 22:57 - Dec 12 by Leithblue

I'm on Skye but I drove through Corpach last month when after more than six years living here I finally took the Armadale to Mallaig ferry instead of the bridge and drove on through Glenfinnan to Fort William. Few industrial estates in Corpach now but maybe not as built up as Leith yet.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 23:16 - Dec 12 with 705 viewsitfcjoe

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 23:10 - Dec 12 by sparks

Incidentally, anyone idiot claiming this is about the press and smear campaigns, is simply blocking out (for their own reasons) the fundamental problems with corbyn and his hard left ideology.

Labour are losing C, D and E class voters hand over fist - their policies would have actually helped these people.

But all these people are interested in is Brexit, and that Corbyn is a terrorist sympathiser who will bankrupt the country.

That's press and media pushing that.

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 23:18 - Dec 12 with 686 viewsBackToRussia

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 23:16 - Dec 12 by itfcjoe

Labour are losing C, D and E class voters hand over fist - their policies would have actually helped these people.

But all these people are interested in is Brexit, and that Corbyn is a terrorist sympathiser who will bankrupt the country.

Spot on Joe.

If people want to deny the significance of Corbyn I'd suggest anyone denying the significance of the media and the corporate interests behind them in turn has their own reasons for doing so. As always the truth is somewhere in the middle.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 23:19 - Dec 12 with 678 viewssparks

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 23:16 - Dec 12 by itfcjoe

To an extent- though thelabour press do the opposite. And these people dont buy the Mail, they buy the Mirror.

Its a cheap excuse. Corbyn's agenda has been extreme and dogmatic- in a way which has never played well with the public. Maos red book ffs.

Any moderate labour candidate would have walked this,.

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 23:20 - Dec 12 with 676 viewsLeithblue

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 23:15 - Dec 12 by WeWereZombies

I'm on Skye but I drove through Corpach last month when after more than six years living here I finally took the Armadale to Mallaig ferry instead of the bridge and drove on through Glenfinnan to Fort William. Few industrial estates in Corpach now but maybe not as built up as Leith yet.

used to be just a paper mill, where my Dad worked - good to hear there is some sort of employment outside of tourism back there now. Loved that drive through Glenfinnan
I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 23:22 - Dec 12 with 668 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 23:25 - Dec 12 with 656 viewsitfcjoe

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 23:19 - Dec 12 by sparks

To an extent- though thelabour press do the opposite. And these people dont buy the Mail, they buy the Mirror.

Its a cheap excuse. Corbyn's agenda has been extreme and dogmatic- in a way which has never played well with the public. Maos red book ffs.

Any moderate labour candidate would have walked this,.

Do you think these people screaming Get Brexit Done even know who Mao is?

They've lost the working class, the middle classes held their nose and voted as thought it was best way to get to remain.

All I hear from those I know who I'd describe as Brexiteers is how Corbyn is a terrorist - even my Mum who is Conservative was saying how people don't like him because he supports ISIS.

I want my children to grow up in a Country that believes on 23:27 - Dec 12 with 645 viewsSwansea_Blue

i agree with them.

^This

(Although it was the lies and smear that did for Hilary too; she didn’t have the same baggage as Corbyn, but that was no defence. But that’s a separate argument.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 23:28]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024