Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just a quick glance at contracts expiring for next summer... 09:28 - Dec 3 with 1209 viewsKieran_Knows

... and what we saying with regards to offering new deals/releasing them? Still early doors I know, but I'd go for the below.

Edwards (one year option) - jury still out.
Skuse (one year option) - take option.
Rowe - new deal.
Roberts (one year option) - release.
Dozzell (one year option) - take option/new deal.
Keane (one year option) - jury still out.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Just a quick glance at contracts expiring for next summer... on 09:42 - Dec 3 with 1151 viewsBlueBadger

I'd be inclined to try and hang onto Skuse with a view to easing him into some kind of coaching role. He always comes across as the sort of guy who'd be very good at that.
Of the rest, only Dozzell and maybe Roweis probably worth perservering with for another season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just a quick glance at contracts expiring for next summer... on 09:52 - Dec 3 with 1145 viewsitfcjoe

Edwards - Would give a new deal, a decent age and versatile enough - has made decent contributions.

Skuse - Yep, extra year but wouldn't expect him to play much

Rowe - Jury still out for me, wouldn't be rushing to extend it - would be one that waits until summer

Roberts - Release

Dozzell - New deal

Keane - Too early to say, but hopefully new deal as means he'd be fit and firing

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Just a quick glance at contracts expiring for next summer... on 10:48 - Dec 3 with 1048 viewsMrTown

Just a quick glance at contracts expiring for next summer... on 09:52 - Dec 3 by itfcjoe

Edwards - Would give a new deal, a decent age and versatile enough - has made decent contributions.

Skuse - Yep, extra year but wouldn't expect him to play much

Rowe - Jury still out for me, wouldn't be rushing to extend it - would be one that waits until summer

Roberts - Release

Dozzell - New deal

Keane - Too early to say, but hopefully new deal as means he'd be fit and firing

Agree with all these but would keep Rowe.

However, should we go up I don't think Edwards and Rowe should be first choice wingers in the Championship, but solid back up.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Just a quick glance at contracts expiring for next summer... on 10:57 - Dec 3 with 1014 viewsDarth_Koont

Skuse and Dozzell from that list but generally we need to wait and see where we are in March and April at the earliest.

We've got a big squad that still appears to lack quality if we go up. So we'll certainly need to get rid of a few to bring in the better players we need. And if we don't go up this year we'd appear to have too many players who are not adding enough and are just getting in the way of youngsters.

Pronouns: He/Him

Just a quick glance at contracts expiring for next summer... on 11:09 - Dec 3 with 974 viewsBluefish

Edwards - terrible footballer so should be released but finances might come into this one. Are there top ups due if we keep him? Can we get any sort of fee for him?

Skuse - depends on what we plan for him. I still think he could play CB but CM not sure he'd be able to carry on all season so depends how many games he wants. He might prefer to go to somewhere like colchester and play regularly.

Rowe - I think he has the talent but he has to get himself a run in the team through consistency. I'd keep him

Roberts - release. Pointless player

Dozzell - take the option but that might be the end. If he does well he will go, if he struggles he will go

Keane - comes down to games played between now and when the options needs to be taken. I still rate him, the ability is there and a bit like Huws he needs to play past the injury fear factor to get the best out of him. I'm in a similar position to them having come back from serious injury and it is really really hard to convince my brain that my knee is not going to blow up again with every movement

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Just a quick glance at contracts expiring for next summer... on 11:27 - Dec 3 with 938 viewsPJH

Dobra is also out of contract but presume ITFC have a years option.
Just a quick glance at contracts expiring for next summer... on 12:06 - Dec 3 with 880 viewsSwailsey

Surprised by the Roberts comments.

Has always looked good to me the few times he’s played - possibly the best crosser we have too.

I guess not good enough for the championship.

Edwards - unsure
Skuse - keep
Rowe - release
Dozzell - keep or sell in January
Keane - unsure

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Just a quick glance at contracts expiring for next summer... on 12:14 - Dec 3 with 853 viewsSwansea_Blue

Depends where we are I suppose. If it's back in the Championship, I'd probably agree with our choices, but it's a no for Edwards and Keane for me.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Just a quick glance at contracts expiring for next summer... on 12:22 - Dec 3 with 831 viewsSuperfrans

Edwards (one year option) - extend. he will have a resale value if nothing else.
Skuse (one year option) - take option. keeping him in the club would be a good move.
Rowe - new deal. release if we go up.
Roberts (one year option) - definitely release.
Dozzell (one year option) - new deal. Again he will have a resale value.
Keane (one year option) - see how he goes for the second half of the season. I suspect he'll be much improved once he gets games under his belt.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Just a quick glance at contracts expiring for next summer... on 12:49 - Dec 3 with 788 viewsSuperblue95

Just a quick glance at contracts expiring for next summer... on 12:06 - Dec 3 by Swailsey

Surprised by the Roberts comments.

Has always looked good to me the few times he’s played - possibly the best crosser we have too.

I guess not good enough for the championship.

Edwards - unsure
Skuse - keep
Rowe - release
Dozzell - keep or sell in January
Keane - unsure

Roberts never plays now and we are in League One so I don’t know why we would keep him.

I wouldn’t be quick to give Keane a new deal either unless he stays fit and starts performing well.

Keep Dozzell and Skuse and one of Edwards or Rowe. Probably Edwards as while neither are great, he at least pops up with goals
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 12:59]

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Just a quick glance at contracts expiring for next summer... on 12:56 - Dec 3 with 772 viewsReuser_is_God

Just a quick glance at contracts expiring for next summer... on 11:09 - Dec 3 by Bluefish

Edwards - terrible footballer so should be released but finances might come into this one. Are there top ups due if we keep him? Can we get any sort of fee for him?

Skuse - depends on what we plan for him. I still think he could play CB but CM not sure he'd be able to carry on all season so depends how many games he wants. He might prefer to go to somewhere like colchester and play regularly.

Rowe - I think he has the talent but he has to get himself a run in the team through consistency. I'd keep him

Roberts - release. Pointless player

Dozzell - take the option but that might be the end. If he does well he will go, if he struggles he will go

Keane - comes down to games played between now and when the options needs to be taken. I still rate him, the ability is there and a bit like Huws he needs to play past the injury fear factor to get the best out of him. I'm in a similar position to them having come back from serious injury and it is really really hard to convince my brain that my knee is not going to blow up again with every movement

I love how you've compared yourself to professional athletes.

You're spot on though.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Just a quick glance at contracts expiring for next summer... on 13:05 - Dec 3 with 751 viewsBluefish

Just a quick glance at contracts expiring for next summer... on 12:56 - Dec 3 by Reuser_is_God

I love how you've compared yourself to professional athletes.

You're spot on though.

Well I'm better than Gwion

I didnt really know how to clarify that we are different levels but the point remained the same

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Just a quick glance at contracts expiring for next summer... on 13:21 - Dec 3 with 718 viewschicoazul

I'd take the option on Skuse definitely and I would take the option on Andre probably, and let the rest go.
Is that it for contracts up next year? For some reason I though Janoi was also out of contract...

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Just a quick glance at contracts expiring for next summer... on 13:56 - Dec 3 with 682 viewsPJH

Just a quick glance at contracts expiring for next summer... on 13:21 - Dec 3 by chicoazul

I'd take the option on Skuse definitely and I would take the option on Andre probably, and let the rest go.
Is that it for contracts up next year? For some reason I though Janoi was also out of contract...

Only other two in 2020 are McGavin and Clements.

Donacien is 2021 along with a long list of others although some will have the year option on top.
Just a quick glance at contracts expiring for next summer... on 14:27 - Dec 3 with 661 viewsGarv

Edwards (one year option) - all depends on what he does from now onwards. I'd keep if we're still in this league.
Skuse (one year option) - take option.
Rowe - Not done enough to earn a new deal, whether we go up or not.
Roberts (one year option) - release.
Dozzell (one year option) - take option/new deal.
Keane (one year option) - jury still out.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024