Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dear Marcus - it’s all about technical managers! 23:11 - Oct 23 with 2515 viewsunstableblue

Keane - not a technical manager, and a thug
Jewell - not a technical manager, and defensively naive
McCarthy - not a technical manager, old skool, bland and restrictive thinking
Hurst - not a technical manager, and a joke man manager

Lambert - ???? The jury is still out...but growing concerns.

Wolfenden needs to start. We need width. We need to dominate central midfield. And break between the lines. Our press needs to be as intense as Rotherham’s was tonight.

Concerned we’ve brought KVY back too early.

20,500 do not deserve that product. I brought back a number of lapsed blues, twice I brought them back under McCarthy and it was dross. Tonight was poor again, much worse than against Accrington.

Come on Lambert prove us wrong - turn this around.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2019 23:13]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

No, it's about COMPETENT MANAGERS. on 23:26 - Oct 23 with 2420 viewsBlueBadger

Evans inherited one, employed one by accident. The rest on the other hand? All incompetents with the jury out on the latest.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2019 23:38]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Dear Marcus - it’s all about technical managers! on 07:49 - Oct 24 with 2193 viewsOxford_Blue

You’re applying hindsight.

The question is whether when those managers were appointed they were reasonable decisions.

I didn’t see many fans complaining in any of those cases when the managers were hired.
Dear Marcus - it’s all about technical managers! on 07:54 - Oct 24 with 2167 viewsDubtractor

Dear Marcus - it’s all about technical managers! on 07:49 - Oct 24 by Oxford_Blue

The question is whether when those managers were appointed they were reasonable decisions.

I didn’t see many fans complaining in any of those cases when the managers were hired.

You have a poor memory then.

Loads were unhappy with both of Keane and Jewell in particular.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Dear Marcus - it’s all about technical managers! on 07:58 - Oct 24 with 2157 viewsSuperblue95

Dear Marcus - it’s all about technical managers! on 07:49 - Oct 24 by Oxford_Blue

And you’re rewriting history.

Almost everybody was underwhelmed by the Jewell appointment. Keane was a divisive choice. Some even had concerns about Hurst from the off.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Dear Marcus - it’s all about technical managers! on 14:57 - Oct 24 with 1878 viewsitfc48

The thing is, you also need technical players. We have a few, but we are also still carrying a number of limited players which is fine if they have other attributes such as great pace, strength/power or height. We have a number of pacey players however we don't have much strength or height in the team when compared to the likes of Rotherham.

Lambert definitely needs to shoulder the blame for last night. The lack of width really played into Rotherham's hands. They're a well-drilled team and our formation meant they were rarely pulled out of position and therefore it was harder to play through them. As mentioned above we lack physicality so we want to be avoiding slogfests at all costs.
Dear Marcus - it’s all about technical managers! on 15:12 - Oct 24 with 1838 viewsblueislander

I think you should start off by defining what you mean by “technical manager”
Dear Marcus - it’s all about technical managers! on 15:16 - Oct 24 with 1818 viewsronnyd

Dear Marcus - it’s all about technical managers! on 07:58 - Oct 24 by Superblue95

And you’re rewriting history.

Almost everybody was underwhelmed by the Jewell appointment. Keane was a divisive choice. Some even had concerns about Hurst from the off.

Must admit that was not impressed when MM was appointed and felt the same with Lambert. After last seasons surrender and a good but unspectacular start, (winning but not really impressing), i,m afraid the jury is still very much out for me.
Dear Marcus - it’s all about technical managers! on 15:42 - Oct 24 with 1763 viewsmonytowbray

I swear "Technical Manager" is a buzzword to sound like you know more about football than you actually do. Google "technical manager football" and literally nothing comes up relating to what that phrase directly means.

Also, we've lost 2 games, calm the f*ck down.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 15:43]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Login to get fewer ads

Dear Marcus - it’s all about technical managers! on 15:55 - Oct 24 with 1744 views44_not_out

Dear Marcus - it’s all about technical managers! on 15:42 - Oct 24 by monytowbray

I swear "Technical Manager" is a buzzword to sound like you know more about football than you actually do. Google "technical manager football" and literally nothing comes up relating to what that phrase directly means.

Also, we've lost 2 games, calm the f*ck down.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 15:43]

Finally, a sensible view.....

I look on this forum at the meltdown 2 defeats in 13 has caused. Imagine if we were mid table! There’d be a queuing system on the Orwell Bridge
Dear Marcus - it’s all about technical managers! on 15:57 - Oct 24 with 1732 viewsmonytowbray

Dear Marcus - it’s all about technical managers! on 15:55 - Oct 24 by 44_not_out

Finally, a sensible view.....

I look on this forum at the meltdown 2 defeats in 13 has caused. Imagine if we were mid table! There’d be a queuing system on the Orwell Bridge

FUN FACT: I once got drunk and walked half way down the A14 from Ravenswood in the rain to jump off the Orwell when I was depressed. Luckily I got to the garage, saw sense and called my family.

TWTD never forgets…

Dear Marcus - it’s all about technical managers! on 16:03 - Oct 24 with 1708 viewsJakeITFC

Dear Marcus - it’s all about technical managers! on 15:57 - Oct 24 by monytowbray

FUN FACT: I once got drunk and walked half way down the A14 from Ravenswood in the rain to jump off the Orwell when I was depressed. Luckily I got to the garage, saw sense and called my family.

Tbf it’s a great garage.
Dear Marcus - it’s all about technical managers! on 16:05 - Oct 24 with 1703 viewsmonytowbray

Dear Marcus - it’s all about technical managers! on 16:03 - Oct 24 by JakeITFC

Tbf it’s a great garage.

They have salt and vinegar Discos which is always a plus.

TWTD never forgets…

Dear Marcus - it’s all about technical managers! on 16:27 - Oct 24 with 1648 viewsstrikalite

Agree although you could argue that Hurst was a technical Manager, he had that Shrewsbury side really well drilled and playing some great football, people crying out for width should have watched Shrewsbury like I did at Peterborough when Posh couldn't get the ball off them, both full/wing backs hugging the touchline, thought it was a great appointment at the time..

Sadly he got too carried away too soon and made too many changes..
Dear Marcus - it’s all about technical managers! on 16:35 - Oct 24 with 1631 viewsblueislander

Dear Marcus - it’s all about technical managers! on 16:27 - Oct 24 by strikalite

Agree although you could argue that Hurst was a technical Manager, he had that Shrewsbury side really well drilled and playing some great football, people crying out for width should have watched Shrewsbury like I did at Peterborough when Posh couldn't get the ball off them, both full/wing backs hugging the touchline, thought it was a great appointment at the time..

Sadly he got too carried away too soon and made too many changes..

I will repeat my earlier post. Will someone please define “technical manager “ I will wager that there will be no consensus as to what it means. For what it is worth , it means nothing to me.
Dear Marcus - it’s all about technical managers! on 16:57 - Oct 24 with 1602 views44_not_out

Dear Marcus - it’s all about technical managers! on 15:57 - Oct 24 by monytowbray

Just out of interest, how where the Town doing at the time?

On a serious note, glad your family were there for you!!
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 16:59]
Dear Marcus - it’s all about technical managers! on 17:04 - Oct 24 with 1589 viewsunstableblue

Dear Marcus - it’s all about technical managers! on 15:12 - Oct 24 by blueislander

I think you should start off by defining what you mean by “technical manager”

I think the term is probably a progressive, technical and continuously improving manager!!

And yes I do know we are lowly Ipswich and can't expect a Klopp; but again my key observation is that for a decade clubs - often with lower wage bills - have come to Portman Road and out passed and out thought us; and yes been technically managed better.

The game of football has massively changed in the last ten years.

Rigid instructions and rigid formations/tactics are now proven to be less effective. Players are also now monitored for location and effectiveness.

In some ways squads of lower quality need more technical coaching; I was impressed with how Rotherham were set up and by association

Players need to be coached to understand their role very well, but also react within a game, to change shape and approach.

Technical management today is all about controlling the lines (defence, midfield), being able to break through them and to disrupt. Develping a high press that is sustainable,and doesn't blow the players after the first half.

I have watched for seasons in recent times the Town players following EXACTLY the same drill pre-match on the pitch, when clearly things were failing on the pitch - how can that be progressive or technical?? I was heartened that Lambert seemed to improve this, and that Germany had seemed to be using some more advanced techniques.

I hope the negativity on the board at present is misplaced. But this decade of been out thought at home,is way too long.

SEE BELOW (n/t) on 17:05 - Oct 24 with 1583 viewsunstableblue

Dear Marcus - it’s all about technical managers! on 16:35 - Oct 24 by blueislander

I will repeat my earlier post. Will someone please define “technical manager “ I will wager that there will be no consensus as to what it means. For what it is worth , it means nothing to me.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024