Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Defender... 18:12 - Oct 4 with 4800 viewshampstead_blue

Just been to Land Rover HQ and hung out with half a few of the new Defenders....

OMG.......Awesome. Just lovely.

Am talking to Mrs H about our next family car.....got to be in the running......

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

New Defender... on 18:31 - Oct 4 with 4729 viewsBloomBlue

The electric version?
New Defender... on 18:39 - Oct 4 with 4702 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

New Defender... on 18:56 - Oct 4 with 4665 viewsNewcyBlue

We got invited to the opening of the local Jag dealership, they had some new Land Rovers on this terrapod thing.

It was incredible.

I am trying to convince Mrs N that we need an XJ next. But if Jag improve the range of the I-Pace then we won’t discount that.

We have an XF at the moment and absolutely love it.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

New Defender... on 19:09 - Oct 4 with 4623 viewsSitfcB

I think we are ok.

Wilson is doing better than expected and Toto is back!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

New Defender... on 19:28 - Oct 4 with 4574 viewsKievthegreat

New Defender... on 18:56 - Oct 4 by NewcyBlue

We got invited to the opening of the local Jag dealership, they had some new Land Rovers on this terrapod thing.

It was incredible.

I am trying to convince Mrs N that we need an XJ next. But if Jag improve the range of the I-Pace then we won’t discount that.

The current XJ or the all-electric one coming out in a year or so?
New Defender... on 19:30 - Oct 4 with 4564 viewsNewcyBlue

New Defender... on 19:28 - Oct 4 by Kievthegreat

The current XJ or the all-electric one coming out in a year or so?

I really want a V8 XJR

New Defender... on 20:35 - Oct 4 with 4457 viewshampstead_blue

New Defender... on 18:31 - Oct 4 by BloomBlue

The electric version?

I saw a prototype hybrid one.
Awesome.....

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

New Defender... on 20:37 - Oct 4 with 4449 viewshampstead_blue

New Defender... on 18:39 - Oct 4 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Love it.
I need something to cruise around the heath after dark...... ;-)

Actually we are now in Wiltshire so a four wheel drive is of course required. I need something to sit next to the Prodrive scooby.

Login to get fewer ads

New Defender... on 21:40 - Oct 4 with 4309 viewsBluefish

Please don't waste your money by going giddy eyed over the old days. JLR are absolutely hopeless

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

New Defender... on 00:18 - Oct 5 with 4150 viewsRyorry

New Defender... on 19:30 - Oct 4 by NewcyBlue

I really want a V8 XJR

I really want one which doesn't have the flamin battery under the passenger seat, which has to be half dismantled in total darkness before you can get leads on it for a jump start when it's flat ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

New Defender... on 07:09 - Oct 5 with 4045 viewsNewcyBlue

New Defender... on 21:40 - Oct 4 by Bluefish

Please don't waste your money by going giddy eyed over the old days. JLR are absolutely hopeless

In what way?

The new Jaguars are lovely to drive. We had a Range Rover Evoque as a courtesy car, and whilst I didn’t like the driving position, it was an excellent bit of kit, and MrsN did say it wasn’t bad.

New Defender... on 07:31 - Oct 5 with 4025 viewsTIB

New Defender... on 07:09 - Oct 5 by NewcyBlue

In what way?

The new Jaguars are lovely to drive. We had a Range Rover Evoque as a courtesy car, and whilst I didn’t like the driving position, it was an excellent bit of kit, and MrsN did say it wasn’t bad.

I know a few folk who have had endless electrical issues with Disco Sports and my cousin in the states has been without his Velar for a month now due to issues with electrics and door seals. That said, me and Mrs TIB haven’t long got another F Pace...no issues with first one and the new one they seem to have sorted the clunky media system. Love the thing!!!

As for the new Defender, I’m reserving judgment until I see one in the flesh.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

New Defender... on 07:45 - Oct 5 with 4003 viewsNewcyBlue

New Defender... on 07:31 - Oct 5 by TIB

I know a few folk who have had endless electrical issues with Disco Sports and my cousin in the states has been without his Velar for a month now due to issues with electrics and door seals. That said, me and Mrs TIB haven’t long got another F Pace...no issues with first one and the new one they seem to have sorted the clunky media system. Love the thing!!!

MrsN likes the F Pace.

Sure Jaguar have electrical issues. I used to be a mechanic for Peugeot when I was younger, I can see a world of difference between the electrical issues with them and the electrical issues with Jaguar.

Some cars just have gremlins.

MrsN and I have both said the E wasn’t for us, whether that be XE or the Pace.

I must say the media system on the XF we have is a bit clunky. It doesn’t quite read music off usb sticks correctly all the time, but it does control an iPod or iPhone very very well.

What engine did you get in the F-Pace?

New Defender... on 08:02 - Oct 5 with 3978 viewsTIB

New Defender... on 07:45 - Oct 5 by NewcyBlue

MrsN likes the F Pace.

Sure Jaguar have electrical issues. I used to be a mechanic for Peugeot when I was younger, I can see a world of difference between the electrical issues with them and the electrical issues with Jaguar.

Some cars just have gremlins.

MrsN and I have both said the E wasn’t for us, whether that be XE or the Pace.

I must say the media system on the XF we have is a bit clunky. It doesn’t quite read music off usb sticks correctly all the time, but it does control an iPod or iPhone very very well.

What engine did you get in the F-Pace?

Well this is it, I’d sooner little gremlins than major gear box issues cough Audi cough

We stuck with 2l diesel as the wife does a lot of miles...R Sport in silver with black pack. Like this. I quite like all the Jaguar range, they’re styling has certainly attracted a younger market it would seem.

New Defender... on 08:29 - Oct 5 with 3930 viewsNewcyBlue

New Defender... on 08:02 - Oct 5 by TIB

Well this is it, I’d sooner little gremlins than major gear box issues cough Audi cough

We stuck with 2l diesel as the wife does a lot of miles...R Sport in silver with black pack. Like this. I quite like all the Jaguar range, they’re styling has certainly attracted a younger market it would seem.

That’s a lovely car mate.

We both enjoy driving, I’m actually surprised she hasn’t used the sport mode at all. We were looking at the F Pace, but with the way we chuck the cars around the corners we were worried about the handling aspect of a taller car.

Seb likes the F Type convertible.

New Defender... on 08:36 - Oct 5 with 3917 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I have a Disco Sport and whilst I wouldn’t say issues have been endless, I can vouch that electrical issues are a problem. Dashboard telling me a service due every 6 months has been one and occasionally the automatic wipers deciding they need to go constantly despite being bone dry kinda things.

Nothing major of course, just more of a minor annoyance I’d say and always been very easy to get fixed

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

New Defender... on 09:07 - Oct 5 with 3889 viewsBloomBlue

New Defender... on 19:30 - Oct 4 by NewcyBlue

I really want a V8 XJR

That 5L V8 in any of the JLR cars is a fantastic engine. Not a great lover of the RR sport but with that engine in the SVR model it gives you an incredible car.
New Defender... on 09:30 - Oct 5 with 3854 viewshampstead_blue

These were the first I'd seen. Didn't get inside as they where prototypes. My friend is also ex-Army and he and I were pointing out design carry overs from the Def 110.

Both had big alloys but I love the steel wheels. I had a new Freelander on an X plat with steelies and that was cool.

The E and F Pace are nice. I also love the Disco 4. My boss runs a Disco 3 and has put stupid miles on it. Loves it but everyone prefers the Disco 4.

I guess when we do take the plunge we will be left with the decision of newish Disco 4 or new Def 110.....Can you ever lose!

I'd like to see what the specs are for the hybrid. I think it's a petrol and battery, no body was saying but there was a P400 badge so I am taking the plunge. 400 bhp and a petrol engine with batteries.

Can't wait for them to put a small battery pack on the F Type 300. That will be a weapon

New Defender... on 09:41 - Oct 5 with 3825 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

New Defender... on 18:56 - Oct 4 by NewcyBlue

It was incredible.

Is this you disembarking from your last voyage?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

New Defender... on 09:51 - Oct 5 with 3814 viewsTIB

New Defender... on 08:29 - Oct 5 by NewcyBlue

That’s a lovely car mate.

We both enjoy driving, I’m actually surprised she hasn’t used the sport mode at all. We were looking at the F Pace, but with the way we chuck the cars around the corners we were worried about the handling aspect of a taller car.

Seb likes the F Type convertible.

We definitely notice a difference in sport mode between old F Pace and new one. The first one it was sort of all or nothing with it on when you put your foot down...now though it picks up quickly but smoothly. Best way to describe this new F Pace is that they’ve ironed out all the creases the of the old. I’m a huge fan of it...I’d love an F Type but when I’m not in a van delivering beer I do have this little beauty to take me to and from the other job...

New Defender... on 11:29 - Oct 5 with 3723 viewsStadiumofdark

New Defender... on 08:36 - Oct 5 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I have a Disco Sport and whilst I wouldn’t say issues have been endless, I can vouch that electrical issues are a problem. Dashboard telling me a service due every 6 months has been one and occasionally the automatic wipers deciding they need to go constantly despite being bone dry kinda things.

Nothing major of course, just more of a minor annoyance I’d say and always been very easy to get fixed

what about front parking sensors? absolutely useless. Go off for no reason at all.
and the media thing is so slow

ours is 18 months old, cant wait until we get shot. such a shame
New Defender... on 11:46 - Oct 5 with 3699 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

New Defender... on 11:29 - Oct 5 by Stadiumofdark

what about front parking sensors? absolutely useless. Go off for no reason at all.
and the media thing is so slow

ours is 18 months old, cant wait until we get shot. such a shame

Never had a problem with parking sensors

Yeah media takes 30 secs or so to connect my phone in the morning but can’t say that’s really bothered me

New Defender... on 12:17 - Oct 5 with 3677 viewshampstead_blue

New Defender... on 11:46 - Oct 5 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Never had a problem with parking sensors

Yeah media takes 30 secs or so to connect my phone in the morning but can’t say that’s really bothered me

Our current Volvo XC60 is slow to connect.
Just had a Focus hire car which connected in seconds. Made the Volvo look very old.

Have to say the connecting is a chore sometimes.

New Defender... on 12:21 - Oct 5 with 3659 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

New Defender... on 12:17 - Oct 5 by hampstead_blue

Our current Volvo XC60 is slow to connect.
Just had a Focus hire car which connected in seconds. Made the Volvo look very old.

Have to say the connecting is a chore sometimes.

Admittedly you would think and expect a £40k+ car would be able to connect in seconds, but I can honestly say I wouldn’t even have considered noting it as a problem if the other poster hadn’t mentioned it, it’s that insignificant to me

New Defender... on 13:18 - Oct 5 with 3613 viewshampstead_blue

New Defender... on 12:21 - Oct 5 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Admittedly you would think and expect a £40k+ car would be able to connect in seconds, but I can honestly say I wouldn’t even have considered noting it as a problem if the other poster hadn’t mentioned it, it’s that insignificant to me

You would think so and I agree.
Ours is a 2016 so I had hoped for better.
It's more of a faff than a problem. Don't want it in our next car.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024