Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That paid off quite well for Lambert last night 09:25 - Sep 18 with 4224 viewsSomethingBlue

Probably had one or two too many players struggling for minutes/match fitness on there by the end (Keane showed some very nice flashes but was never ready for an hour) but that 45 minutes is surely the way forward for us in a lot of these games. Utterly dominant and not just with the ball — Skuse, Downes and Huws all looked strong physically, won headers, ensured not much came back at us. We have such a surfeit of good midfielders that we do need to get as many of them on the pitch as possible and I can't believe that would not be Lambert's plan. Expect a lot more selections like last night's now Huws and Nolan are up to it.

Second half was a chore but there are no two ways about it — 18 points at this stage is an excellent start to the season. There will be bumps along the way, maybe even on Saturday which I suspect won't be an especially pretty game, but we've set ourselves up really well when it could have gone quite differently.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 09:39 - Sep 18 with 3491 viewsMuncher

And to think at some point we are going to have to shoe horn Bishop and Dozzell into that midfield as well.
That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 09:40 - Sep 18 with 3471 viewsReuser_is_God

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 09:39 - Sep 18 by Muncher

And to think at some point we are going to have to shoe horn Bishop and Dozzell into that midfield as well.

We don't 'have to' shoe horn them in.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 09:42 - Sep 18 with 3456 viewsBrixtonBlue

Not quite the disaster you were talking about at the start of the season then?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 09:44 - Sep 18 with 3434 viewsSomethingBlue

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 09:42 - Sep 18 by BrixtonBlue

I'll tell you in May.

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:00 - Sep 18 with 3383 viewschicoazul

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 09:42 - Sep 18 by BrixtonBlue

Did he say "it might be bad"?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:00 - Sep 18 with 3389 viewsITFC_Forever

I would add Nolan to that as well - also looked strong and combined very well with Huws in the first half especially.

Also good to see midfielders getting in the box - Nolan scored, and the other player in the box with him was Downes.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:02 - Sep 18 with 3372 viewsSomethingBlue

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:00 - Sep 18 by ITFC_Forever

I would add Nolan to that as well - also looked strong and combined very well with Huws in the first half especially.

Also good to see midfielders getting in the box - Nolan scored, and the other player in the box with him was Downes.

Having just seen the goal again, what an excellent finish given the ball bounced at speed just before it got to him. Nolan is good for taking up positions like that; could easily get 10 goals if he becomes a regular.

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:10 - Sep 18 with 3335 viewsBrixtonBlue

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:00 - Sep 18 by chicoazul

Did he say "it might be bad"?

No, he said relegation is a disaster.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:11 - Sep 18 with 3326 viewsBrixtonBlue

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:02 - Sep 18 by SomethingBlue

Having just seen the goal again, what an excellent finish given the ball bounced at speed just before it got to him. Nolan is good for taking up positions like that; could easily get 10 goals if he becomes a regular.

Yeah, it was a cracking finish. Excellent technique.

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:22 - Sep 18 with 3269 viewschicoazul

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:10 - Sep 18 by BrixtonBlue

No, he said relegation is a disaster.

Dont you agree it was/is?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:23 - Sep 18 with 3266 viewsBrixtonBlue

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:22 - Sep 18 by chicoazul

Dont you agree it was/is?

No. I didn't think it was a disaster when it happened and I don't think it's one now.

Would you describe what you're watching as a disaster?

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:30 - Sep 18 with 3226 viewsEwan_Oozami

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 09:39 - Sep 18 by Muncher

Dozzell won't get back in the team I suspect..

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:34 - Sep 18 with 3205 viewschicoazul

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:23 - Sep 18 by BrixtonBlue

No. I didn't think it was a disaster when it happened and I don't think it's one now.

Would you describe what you're watching as a disaster?

I certainly wouldnt say what we are seeing now is one no, but getting relegated to the third division is the worst thing to happen to the club in living memory and certainly a disaster.

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:36 - Sep 18 with 3194 viewsPJH

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:34 - Sep 18 by chicoazul

I certainly wouldnt say what we are seeing now is one no, but getting relegated to the third division is the worst thing to happen to the club in living memory and certainly a disaster.

No doubt about that.

If relegation was a good thing then all clubs would be trying to achieve it rather than to avoid it wouldn't they?
That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:36 - Sep 18 with 3194 viewsBrixtonBlue

In your opinion. Not mine. I see it as a chance to rebuild and gain the confidence of a winning side again. It's also much more enjoyable to watch.

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:43 - Sep 18 with 3163 viewsGuthrum

I'm with you on this. Relegation was a disaster, but we're now making a decent go at recovering from it.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:48 - Sep 18 with 3141 viewsBarneycurley

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:36 - Sep 18 by BrixtonBlue

In your opinion. Not mine. I see it as a chance to rebuild and gain the confidence of a winning side again. It's also much more enjoyable to watch.

I agree and always have. The only option we had with limited resources was to keep plugging away in the mire of the championship.

The other option we ended up with (which would have most likely happened eventually) is the drop and the inevitable reliance on the younger players getting the space and less pressure to get in games of experience and as mentioned the build up of momentum.

We then get the bonus we hope to take that momentum as well as improved crowds back into the championship. It can't be any worse than we had and there is a strong possibility we can push on from.

Next year our chance to draw first blood!

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:53 - Sep 18 with 3117 viewsHalf_Idiot

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:30 - Sep 18 by Ewan_Oozami

Dozzell won't get back in the team I suspect..

I reckon he'll go out on loan in January to get some minutes and get his confidence back.
That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:53 - Sep 18 with 3113 viewsBrixtonBlue

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:36 - Sep 18 by PJH

No doubt about that.

If relegation was a good thing then all clubs would be trying to achieve it rather than to avoid it wouldn't they?

Where has someone said it's a good thing?

Saying it's not a disaster is not the same as saying it's a good thing.

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:57 - Sep 18 with 3092 viewsBrixtonBlue

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:48 - Sep 18 by Barneycurley

I agree and always have. The only option we had with limited resources was to keep plugging away in the mire of the championship.

The other option we ended up with (which would have most likely happened eventually) is the drop and the inevitable reliance on the younger players getting the space and less pressure to get in games of experience and as mentioned the build up of momentum.

We then get the bonus we hope to take that momentum as well as improved crowds back into the championship. It can't be any worse than we had and there is a strong possibility we can push on from.

Next year our chance to draw first blood!

Indeed. No-one actively wanted relegation but I believed we could make the best of it, and we seem to be doing so so far.

This winning mentality is infectious. Like you I hope we take that on into the Championship next season, and with our youngsters older and wiser.

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:57 - Sep 18 with 3089 viewschicoazul

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:53 - Sep 18 by BrixtonBlue

Might be good doesnt mean it might not be bad, eh.

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 11:07 - Sep 18 with 3048 viewsBrixtonBlue

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:57 - Sep 18 by chicoazul

Might be good doesnt mean it might not be bad, eh.

You're desperately trying to catch me out Chickers but you need to get up much earlier to do that.

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 11:08 - Sep 18 with 3046 viewsPJH

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 10:53 - Sep 18 by BrixtonBlue

True but I was agreeing with a post that said that it was a disaster.

I was just reinforcing that by adding that if relegation was a good thing then everyone would be aiming for it.
That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 11:10 - Sep 18 with 3038 viewsBrixtonBlue

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 11:08 - Sep 18 by PJH

I was just reinforcing that by adding that if relegation was a good thing then everyone would be aiming for it.

What you were doing was exaggerating, which a lot of people do on TWTD to prove a point or win an argument.

It's a straw man.

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 11:14 - Sep 18 with 3018 viewsvanmunt

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 11:08 - Sep 18 by PJH

Exceptions to every rule, so far relegation for us hasn't been too bad. Good crowds, feel good factor coming back and generally better performances.. then there is Bolton.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024